A great tool for large distributed agile teams to collaborate, create and maintain business logic and more
Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
Most importantly, you are not forced to only use the Bitbucket family tools but it provides ways to integrate with different third party platforms. If you are a team manager you can gain access to metrics that allow you to know at every time who's working on what. Assets like documents can have a versioning control.
- Storing sensitive business logic documentation
- Control versioning of assets
- Providing metrics of the activity of every user
- Advanced search features
- Custom search filters per user
- Integration with source control systems based on git
- They could provide support for more languages regarding the document where you have to add source code.
- When you submit a new ticket regarding an improvement it has to reach a minimum amount of votes and sometimes when they do, they are ignored.
- All the impact I have had from using Confluence has been positive.
- Being able to have large distributed agile teams supported by confluence is the main plus.
- Being able to store and collaborate on creating business documentation is a great plus for using this tool.
Confluence is well suited for companies that work with software. For a mid to big size business, it's a perfect fit. For small companies maybe it won't be such a good fit because of the pricing and if you don't have a big team it isn't worth.
I would say in my opinion that every company that wants to be agile should start using products like Confluence due to all the metrics, source control for documents, document storage, user control and third party integrations it provides.