Avalara Tax Return
Updated May 09, 2019
Avalara Tax Return
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
The Fuel Tax group is currently using Avalara Tax Return Software for Fuel Excise and Sales Tax. Avalara cuts our return processing time by 30%. This gives us more time to work on Tax Saving initiatives.
- Allows flexibility to setup different scenarios depending on the data we receive from our fuel inventory system.
- I love that Avalara listens to their customers and enhances the software to make our return filing more seamless.
- Their conferences allow their customer to get together and meet other software users and share their tips with each other
- I love that Avalara listens to customer feedback and tries to improve the products based on customer feedback
- if you are adding additional information to a location, it would be nice to append the additional information, for instance, if the state now requires a county code, but the address information hasn't changed.
- Reconciliation reports that can be added to the return to show a summarized version of the data on the return.
- An additional function to add a check request of cash voucher with payment information and GL account information for approval and posting.
- The Avalara software reduces our processing time and allows us to work on fuel tax saving initiatives
Still working on the implementation. Few of my returns are not implemented yet, hope you have it done in the next few months.
Some of the scenarios or profiles in the system could be a little more user friendly. Sometimes it feels like you have to have some programming knowledge to help create the scenario or profile
Avalara and AKORE were the two vendors via for our returns. Avalara and their flexibility won the contract. It has been the best decision so far
Avalara Feature Ratings
- To cut down on the manual process of calculating the returns we file
Avalara has cut down on some of the processing time need to file the returns
Evaluating Avalara and Competitors
- Third-party professional services
Ryan and Company
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled