Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We use BigCommerce to promote our products and services, generate leads, and facilitate product purchases. The products we sell are complicated in that they can be packaged and sold by a number of different units of measure (e.g., milligrams, micrograms, milliliters, etc.). The software is flexible enough to allow us to create customized units of measure for every product, and a single product can be offered in multiple pack sizes with different units of measure.
- They have a great WYSIWYG interface for creating webpage content.
- The software allows us to create multiple pack sizes, using different units of measure, for any or all of our products.
- It is very easy to add product categories, manipulate the top-level menu headings, and swap out graphic elements.
- We charge different packaging fees for our products, based on how they ship, so it would be nice to be able to tag a customizable packaging fee to every product. Currently, this cannot be done.
- We cannot customize how products are sorted on a page that shows all the products available within a given Product Category; the default is an alphabetical list. We would like to be able to manually prioritize how the products appear on a Product Category page.
- This is a minor annoyance, but I'll go ahead and try to describe it - When making edits to products, it would be nice to save your changes and close out of the editing interface, then be returned to where you were in your list of products. Currently, you are taken to the top of that page's list of products. So, if you're viewing 50 products, and you want to edit products 45-50, after you save each set of changes, you are taken back to the top of the list (product 1), so you have to scroll back down to edit products 46, 47, etc. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.
- Our web revenue has increased by about 500% over the last 3-4 years and BigCommerce was able to handle easily the higher traffic and order volume.
- Our BigCommerce plan if quite affordable, so our ROI is exceptional.
- BigCommerce is intuitive and easy to use, so we do not need IT specialists to maintain our website. This has saved us tens of thousands in consulting and outsourcing fees.
Would have selected N/A here, as we are a small company and we have no need to scale the software or deploy it in multiple departments.
We are using the open APIs now to modify how our Product Categories appear on the homepage. We don't do this often but appreciate very much the ability to do this. We have also used the open APIs to modify the hard-coded text that appears on every page on our site.
The only other product similar to BigCommerce we have used is a content editing tool that was created and customized for us. The small company that did this for us was not nearly as responsive with their customer service and they did not attempt to continually improve the editing tool.
Do you think BigCommerce delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BigCommerce's feature set?
Did BigCommerce live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BigCommerce go as expected?
Would you buy BigCommerce again?
BigCommerce's ability to customize product units of measure is very valuable. Certain products we sell can be sold in units, milligrams (mg), or milliliters (ml), depending on a customer's preference. The software makes it very easy to present these options to our customers. It's also easy to make product edits and post them immediately. We often need to make a price adjustment on very short notice and the software allows us to do that in just a few minutes. And nothing comes to mind when trying to think of a scenario in which the software is not appropriate.