Overall Satisfaction with Box
I have used Box in the past and still use it on occasion to store documents and files such as invoices, receipts, expense reports, marketing materials, etc. Box, like other cloud storage platforms, allows me to access my important files on the go and also gives me the peace of mind knowing I will not lose my information should something happen to my physical computers.
- The mobile app is user-friendly on iOS so it is easy to access your files.
- Box reads/opens just about any file on mobile and if it does not, it allows you to open the file in another application through iOS prompt.
- Box provides a lot of storage at reasonable prices.
- Larger files such as audio or video files seem to load slower on Box than other cloud storage apps in my experience.
- Box could consider native document creation like Google Drive offers.
- Storage plans are inexpensive so the convenience alone of accessing files on the go and feeling secure that everything is backed up is more than worth the cost associated for small businesses so ROI is a given solely on the peace of mind in my opinion.
I feel Box's desktop sync app works the best but I admittedly love Google's native Docs and Sheets much more. I feel collaborating on Google Drive is much easier and more convenient. I believe you shouldn't keep all your files in one cloud, so to speak, so I keep accounts with multiple cloud services and either duplicate my content or use each for specific business or personal needs.
Box is great for file backup and cloud storage so you can rest assured your important docs are not going to be wiped off the planet. No matter your connection via mobile, I would suggest Box for smaller files. If you host video files, consider downloading the Box Sync app for desktops and access the large files locally on your computer.