Overall Satisfaction with Box
My company uses Box for all file storage. It is like Google Drive, but even better. It does such a fantastic job of integrating into your computer, whether you have a Mac or a PC. We have people that are working with us all across the United States, so Box allows us to share files with them from one place, and they can then view/download them in another.
- Box's integration into your computer's ecosystem is fantastic. It lets you seamlessly share files via Box from all different applications, both Windows and Mac.
- It is great how little battery power Box uses, even when continuously syncing your files between your computer and the cloud.
- It is great that Box has an application that you can download to your computer that integrates into your "My Computer" or "Finder" application and keeps all of your files local on your computer as well.
- The local application sometimes times out on you unknowingly, so you have to check periodically that it is still running and syncing your data.
- I wish Box had a way of accessing your online portal without first going to the website and clicking through a few pages in order to get to where you need to go to access your files online.
- It would be nice if there were a few more of the Box features included in the free version, or at least be able to get a free trial of them. Box makes so many cool softwares that would be nice to have for productivity.
- Box has allowed us to collaborate like never before, increasing our productivity and the amount of work we can get done each day.
- It allows us to even add clients to certain files or folders so they can see the progress being made on the project, without having them see my entire storage on Box
- Sometimes, if two people are looking at the same document, it gets complicated to sort out because you have to figure out who made the last additions to a file. This slows us down, but rarely happens.
Box is my favorite option out of these three when it comes to file storage and management. It is way more seamless than either of the other two options. Box's integration into your computer's ecosystem is far superior to either Google Drive or Dropbox. When it comes to sharing and privacy, all three products are pretty equal.
It's performance is great. Everything loads as soon as you open a page. The same goes for the local file application, if is just like going through folders on a native "My Computer" or "Finder" folder. The integration into other softwares is also fantastic, as Box keeps them all running smoothly and quickly.
Everything with Box is seamless. It can be integrated into virtually any other software or application. You can even get the app for your phone or tablet to work on the go. File syncing is so quick. The only reason I gave it a 9 is the issue I discussed earlier about the local file application rebooting and not continuing to sync files. Other than that, it's great!
Box is great for uploading pretty much any file type and sharing it between people, computers, locations, anything. The file upload process is seamless, especially when you download the local file application. There is no longer a need to attach 10 different files to an email, you can now just tell them what folder they are in on Box, and they can be found easily.