Overall Satisfaction with ChurnZero
We utilize ChurnZero as our primary method of factoring Customer Health via ChurnScores. Additionally, our Customer Success teams utilize ChurnZero for onboarding & implementation (Journeys), strategic engagement (plays), management of daily activities (custom dashboards), and territory planning (Account Insight Reports). Operationalizing onboarding & implementation via Journeys has had a drastic correlation to a decrease in Freshman Client TTV. Most notably, by adopting ChurnZero's ChurnScore functionality, we're able to forecast net retention for the next 6-months with greater than 80% accuracy.
- Customer Service - Their Customer Success team (notably Naomi A.) and Technical Support Group (notably Matt S., Josh M., and Dash M.) are unparalleled in professionalism, empathy, and genuine interest in seeing our continued adoption of all features ChurnZero has to offer.
- ChurnScores - As mentioned earlier, adopting ChurnScores has granted us incredible visibility into how our customers are doing, but more importantly, how they receive value from our products and services. Most of our assumptions as to how and why our customers leveraged our product was outdated, and ChurnScores showed that to us.
- Journeys & Plays - ChurnScores are important, but not nearly as impactful if not paired with Journeys or Plays. Utilizing these features has enabled our Customer Success and Account Management teams to tactically engage their books of business in such a way that we engage with a focus on customer value, not the outcomes we seek to achieve as a company.
- User Experience - the look and feel of ChurnZero can be tough to adjust to, especially for us visual folks.
- Visibility into Account History - ChurnZero is constantly streaming valuable data from multiple systems - our CRM, our product, our billing system, our ticketing system, etc. As such, it's difficult to pinpoint why an account is no longer qualified for a segment. Since segments drive everything in ChurnZero, from plays to ChurnScores, there's a limit to how far I'm able to troubleshoot on my own without engaging ChurnZero's Technical Support team. They're great, but, being able to dig in and rectify issues on our own is our ideal outcome.
- By using ChurnScores to inform our retention efforts, we've been able to reduce churn & contraction by an average of .5-.8% MoM.
As our organization grows there's always another solution to incorporate/replace in our tech stack. That said, ChurnZero has beaten its competitors/similar product offerings time and time again. It's the most cost-effective solution from all perspectives and will continue to be a key element in our tech stack as our organization continues to grow.
Do you think ChurnZero delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ChurnZero's feature set?
Did ChurnZero live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of ChurnZero go as expected?
Would you buy ChurnZero again?
ChurnZero's interface has drastic room for improvement - but, it is making great strides, most recently with its launch of custom dashboards & Account Insight reports.
I have high (and realistic) standards for all things customer success & support. It's honestly the most important thing to me when it procuring, implementing, and driving adoption of a solution for my company. This is why I can adamantly say that ChurnZero sets the standard, and consistently improves their ability to be a tactical & strategic partner with our users, myself, and my leadership team. I'm excited for our bi-weekly check-ins with our CSM, Naomi Aiken, and equally excited to collaborate with the Technical Support team whenever the need arises. You would think it's obvious for a company like ChurnZero, whose mission is to support CS teams in the fight against churn and contraction, to have a best-in-class CS program. Unfortunately, it isn't, and ChurnZero deserves all the praise for the work their team does each day.
I've had the opportunity to serve as a reference for ChurnZero for several companies within our portfolio, as well as organizations within my network of Customer Success/Revenue Operations professionals. The only disclaimer I've ever given in my referral conversations is that the state of your data integrity going into your ChurnZero implementation is crucial. It's very important to understand what key systems you wish to integrate into ChurnZero, and how a record between those systems can be identified (i.e. a CRM ID or a Billing Account Number). If the state of the data is undefined or in need of reconciliation, a ChurnZero implementation is not appropriate until data integrity exists.