Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Meraki MX
We have [Cisco Meraki MX] deployed in our non-main offices to be able to connect to the main site by VPN. From there we can make the remote connection and in turn in the local sites [Cisco Meraki MX] is the internet gateway [for] each location using the SD wan technology that [Cisco Meraki MX] offers.
- Offers simplicity in the configuration, the administration of this device [is very easy].
- The administration is for cloud, you can apply any change in the network in any place.
- The SD WAN technology is easy to configure and use to any network, small or medium.
- Can manage multiples devices in the same cloud platform
- It can improve the firewall policies at layer 3 since for the same simplicity it lacks some advanced things like port aggregation, names by object, FQDN and not just IP.
- The same in layer 7 policies lacks a bit of depth for more experienced users to make the policies with more functions and thus be able to improve security.
- Basically, the return on investment is reflected in the costs of security and information theft of our assets and of our clients to whom we sell security equipment and professional services.
As I mentioned before, [Cisco Meraki MX] has a simplicity in the deployment and implementation of connectivity in the networks, adding a security layer of the technology that Cisco has, all this combining it in a centralized management through the cloud.
Cisco Meraki Switch, AP, Camera, MR MS, MV.
The benefit of having all the other products integrated with Meraki such as switches, access points and cameras is incredible since they are integrated into the same connectivity and management cloud within the organization.
In addition, the licenses of different devices can be combined to be able to add new ones or extend the period of those that are about to expire
I give it a 10 because the integration it gives to all the different teams of the Meraki family is excellent.
Also the same cloud tells you when there is a new version of software and it is applied automatically, you do not have to search for software images and upload it manually, but everything is already automated by the same management cloud.
I have evaluated other products such as FortiGate and sophos brands but the administration is more difficult, more experience is required to make any implementation or configuration change.
In which [Cisco Meraki MX] helps us a lot in making fast and correct implementations.
also in the other brands the management of multiple devices is independent and thus it is more complicated to make the configurations.
Compared to [Cisco Meraki MX] I have everything in one place, I can manage and configure multiple devices in the same cloud management interface.
even with [Cisco Meraki MX] we can configure equipment of different clients without the data and configurations intervening with each other because they are isolated by networks and organizations.