Overall Satisfaction with Conga Grid
We implemented CongaGrid for all our Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Training, and Customer Implementation and Training users. This is approximately 1/2 of our user base. CongaGrid allows us to provide rapid access to cross object data with inline editing and mass editing/updating. We use it extensively for data hygiene and have incorporated it into multiple sales processes.
- A specific strength of Conga is the ability to easily produce cross-object displays where you can take information like open Opportunities and layer on information such as Activities, Orders, Opportunity Products with all related information being accessible when individual lines are selected. The reading pane functionality is a huge timesaver for reps working lists of records.
- Another strength is Conga's ability to allow mass edit/update - for example, you can have a list of leads assigned to you, check the ones you met at a conference, and update a field on their record or assign a task or do an email send right from the list. At the same time, you can select other records, and do the mass update or mass create of tasks that are relevant for them.
- While CongaGrid has boolean search functionality, it can sometimes be challenging to leverage "Or" statements in the search. We can specify "show opportunities closed this week where orders exist where rep finalized date = this year, and sales credit is > $0." But trying to specify "show me opportunities were either (orders exist where rep finalized date = this year and Opportunities closed this year) or (opportunity is a partner opportunity and the opportunity closed on January 1st) can be challenging for a basic user to execute.
- There are currently no metrics reports to identify views not being used. This can lead to data hygiene issues, ultimately causing confusion when multiple views with similar or the same name have been created.
- We have been able to automate a number of Excel driven processes to give reps back an average of 2 hours/rep/week.
- We have been able to shift Sales Operations data hygiene processes from exports/imports using data loader and Excel or SQL to just-in-time processing using CongaGrid.
CongaGrid is native to Salesforce and takes advantage of the Salesforce Lightning experience to provide a strong, full-featured solution for cross-object data access and manipulation. The upgrades are seamless, occurring without requiring administrator application of the changes. Embedding Excel-like functionality directly within Salesforce opens up a host of use cases for accessing and manipulating Salesforce data.
In general, Conga is a strong company with a depth of talent in its support team. However, when new releases occur, the changes can be somewhat jarring to users as the interface does not offer the ability to hide or show messages related to the changes - all users get the same messaging from Conga around changes to their tool.
Do you think Conga Grid delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Conga Grid's feature set?
Did Conga Grid live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Conga Grid go as expected?
Would you buy Conga Grid again?
CongaGrid is well suited to any data hygiene application as you can review, filter, select and apply changes across multiple fields. It is also well suited to any process where a user wishes to view data, then take action on one or multiple records within the list. It alleviates the need to set up custom report types, as cross-object filtering and reporting can be done through CongaGrid. Anything that you might wish to do using a spreadsheet with macros & cell or row or column formatting can be done in Salesforce using CongaGrid. For simple analysis of data, Salesforce reports and dashboards are usually more effective with abilities to chart data.