DameWare Remote Support from Austin IT company SolarWinds is remote administration software for the remote control of desktops, laptops, and servers behind or outside the firewall, allowing registry editing, restart services, logging activity, account and password management, and more. The mobile app also provides access from a phone or tablet. DameWare Remote Support licensing is per technician, the number of end-user remote machines is irrelevant; one technician may receive a license for $349. Discounts are available for multiple license purchases. The DameWare Mini Remote Control is a lesser version of SolarWinds' Remote Support software, and can be licensed for $259 for one technician. SolarWinds also sells a patch manager under the DameWare brand, for managing and deploying patches from a single console.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/rR/Vl/5OTLG877U3X5.PNGDameWare Remote Control - support team's dream softwareOur IT team uses DameWare to connect to all of our employee computers for remote support (i.e. troubleshooting, software installation). We also use DameWare to connect to our Windows servers.,DameWare has been a very reliable solution for remote support for out team. With multiple authentication options, we are able to connect to computers that have been dropped from the domain. The secure file transfer in DameWare provides and quick and easy way to pass files to/from employee computers saving us time during support.,Connecting to last session is not always the last session. Saving your position in the Personal Host List would be helpful. I have a folder structure 3 levels deep and when I'm going through a list of computers it is frustrating to have to browse down through the same levels each time. When connecting to a host, an entry is saved in Saved Host List (even duplicates). I would be nice to have an option to save or not save like a quick connect option. DameWare Mobile has separate password than desktop and cannot be linked to Active Directory password like desktop.,10,We are a global company with centralized support. DameWare Remote Control has been crucial to good customer service from our IT team to our employees.,,8,2,Remote connection to servers. Remote connections to users.,When on a computer without DameWare, I was able to RDP to a server running DameWare and connect to my users computer.,10,Yes,Product Features,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Connecting to Windows 98 computers. You had to manually install the client.,10,10,Yes,When I had my Samsung specific crash issue, the development team and technicians were able to collect the appropriate log data from me to issue a beta fix for me to test is a very short time.,Remote installation of client Connecting to computers on our domain File transfers to/from employee computer,Managing the Saved Host List of duplicate entries.,No,10Simplify your world with DRS!As the sole IT person, I am on 24 hour call. I can use DameWare to remote in from home to solve IT issues. I also use DameWare Remote Support at work as it has multi-functionality and interacts with my Active Directory. I use it for "one stop shopping" for adding new employees and PCs to the network environment. I also do have contractors that can take calls for me during an absence and they can use DRS as well to remote in from their location. I use it to access my Application Server for our EHR, as well as our Virtual WTS servers when a reboot is necessary after an update.,Ease of installing service on a new machine. Interactive with Windows Active Directory. Ease of navigation throughout DameWare Remote Support and DRS Mini Remote,A static IP address has to be set on the machine before the service installs,10,Better customer service. Saves me time by allowing me to remote in from home Allows my back up personnel to remote in from their location,,3,1,One place to remote in to a machine and trouble shoot issues Active Directory functionality IT support personnel can log in as well,Ping and verify IP addresses Install service on new machines throughout network There is a plethora of options in DameWareRemote Support, too many to pin down to just one thing,Also remote in to our Anti-Virus server to install anti-virus on new PCs. Watch a user when they are attempting to remote in from home and help troubleshoot their issues.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,I would make the same decision. I don't believe that I would change the move from Kaseya to Dameware Remote Support. I didn't look into the pricing of Kaseya but felt that DameWare Remote support was a reasonable price with the yearly maintenance fee being within my budget requirements. Maybe might have made the move earlier given the opportunity.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Figuring out why I got a Winsock error when trying to install it on new machines. That error is caused by two things. Not having a static IP address and the firewall being turned on. also, need to make sure that you have Administrative rights to the machine you are trying to connect to. Like I mentioned before, support came from a different country which was disappointing.,8,No,10,No,The one and only time I had an issues, I got a call immediately. Like I said before the person was in Malaysia and was a little hard to understand. However, her knowledge of the product and what was causing my problem was top-notch and the issues was resolved very quickly.,I have loaded DameWare Mini Remote and have added the machines on my network so I can sit at my desk and problem shoot which is helpful in daily time management. My support people also have access to DameWare which makes it easier to assist the hospital in times of my absence I also allows me to logon concurrently with a client and see what they see when they are having issues,I haven't found any portion of the the DRS too difficult also it is easier to add a PC using Mini Remote rather than install the program for the full module You do have to have a static IP set for the machine you are trying to connect to And have the firewall turned off during installation,10Best Remote Control SoftwareDameWare provides an easy way to remote in to any user's PC or laptop and has a good response time without lag. It works very well.,Chat function. Good refresh rate over the wan connection without lag.,Chat function does not stay on top [of screen] or blink so a user can see something is incoming.,10,Better customer service,,7,1500,Remote Help,Remote Help from any were in the schools,8,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,Yes.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,There were none,9,No,8,No,They never did.,Install Setup,Activation is horrible. Deactivation Too much control over Activation and Deactivation process.,No,8DameWare is still the best after many many years of useWe use the DameWare to manage all servers without needing to be in the data center. Its also used to support desktops at all locations thus eliminating the need to physically go to each PC. The ability to access servers or workstations remotely saves time in not having to travel.,Simple install. Manage computers remotely easily.,The reminders or service running out or version updates required needs to have the ability to turn them off. Registering each install after rebuilding a pc and being required to go through the web site for a reinstall is a big pain.,8,Allows less techs on staff to support more users. Easily manage servers and make domain changes.,,3,,Server management End user support,User support with our ERP application,Not sure TBT,9,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,I would look into the larger server based solution.,Implemented in-house,No,Learning the steps and what's requied,8,No,7,No,First time I had to reinstall they walked me through the steps to remove the old registered PC and add the new one.,Remote access to desktops for support. The AD display of devices,When the versions are different - the annoying pop ups,9I mostly love DameWare!I use the product across the whole organization. The problem it solves is the ability to connect remotely to both PCs and Macs while the user is still logged in.,Can connect to many operating systems using different protocols Uses a variety of authentication protocols Easy to configure,The UI is a little clumsy Having to launch a new window after ending the last session does not make sense to me It has always been a real pain to login to their website for updates,9,Increased employee efficiency Better customer service,,2,1,Having to log in to a end users computer to do support while they are still in their session.,I can use it on Macs as well as Windows PCs.,I eventually would like to use it as remote support outside of our network.,10,No,Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Third-party Reviews,I feel like my evaluation process was more than sufficient,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,No issues that I can remember.,8,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,Yes it was easy to learn. Not sure if this is appropriate for other users since I am not aware of their level of understanding to begin with,9,Read the documentation,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,Not really,Yes,8,No,Every time I have needed a password reset for their website they were efficient and friendly.,The finding and listing of all Windows computers in the domain,Having to reopen a window after closing your last session,8,8,9,9,Windows active directory,No,Single Signon,9,None at this time. The whole thing is self-explanatory,9,9,The price,Not really,Yes,Subtle refinements to the product, not major benefits,Not sure at this time,No,NoI love it!As the only IT person supporting 48 locations around the city, I use it to look at POS terminals, menu board players, and access remote PCs. It is a first line troubleshooting [tool] and usually a final resolution. I can remotely start services without affecting the operation on the end terminal.,On my POS terminals, there is an issue where a service does not start a lot of the time. I can restart that service without having to go to the location or even remote into the terminal and stop what the users are doing to start it. I will get calls about a menu board not being right, I can remote in and look, then fix if needed, without having to go to the location, plug in a keyboard/mouse while standing in everyone's way. Being able to look at the event log without stopping operations is invaluable. I can tell when the terminals were restarted when they shouldn't be and then I know the reason for any issue that have happened.,I have had issues with the remote shutdown.,10,Better customer service and mileage for me. I can fix a lot of issues without having to go to the location.,Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager,1,1,Remote Support Remote Services View Transfer files. Remote event viewer.,Did not expect to be using the remote services start, so glad it has it. Did not expect to be using the event view as much as we are.,None,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't. I had used it before and knew what I wanted. There was no evaluation or selection process, it had already been done by years of use.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,None.,10,10,No,I don't think I have had a time that I needed to call support. The software just works.,Remote support, click, click, in. Services, click, load, start.,None. Super easy to use.,Yes,10DameWare is an excellent product.DameWare Remote Support is being utilized across the whole organization. It addresses the need to provide remote support from a centralized location. We are able to support end users as well as connect and work within our server environment. I utilize this application constantly. I also like the feature where you can connect to the command prompt.,Remote Connectivity Support Connection to remote Command Prompt Ability to stop and start services. AD intergration,Connect to remote powershell.,10,Increased employee efficiency in regards to remote support.,TeamViewer,5,4,Server Support End User Support,Remote Support to mobile phones,,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,No changes.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Needing to reconnect due to freeze on initial connection. happens often.,10,Self-taught,Easy as pie. I had no issue with teaching myself the product. It is an excellent remote support app.,10,No.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,Nope.,No,10,No,No,Remote Server Connections,File transfers.,Yes, but I don't use it,10,8,,8,Windows,No,File import/export,10,Polish the interface graphics.,10,10,Licensing count.,Don't hammer my phone! SolarWinds sales people are downright pushy sometimes!,Yes,Availability of Mobile Support,Mobile integration.,Yes,No
Windows, Linux, Mac
Dameware Remote Support

Dameware Remote Support Reviews

Dameware Remote Support

Showing 7 of 90 Dameware Remote Support ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Jeanne Moffat profile photo
July 17, 2015

Simplify your world with DRS!

Implementation

It helps greatly if you know someone already using DameWare Remote Support. I was fortunate as my tech support guys were using it at their hospital and assisted me through the purchase, download and implementation of remote support. As well as, knowing how many licenses to purchase at the time. You have to make sure that anyone assisting in IT can have access to the program with their own license.
Read Jeanne Moffat's full review

Screen sharing (50)
File transfer (47)
Instant message (35)
9.5
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (10)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (32)
9.2
Over-the-Internet remote session (35)
9.8
Initiate remote control from mobile (22)
Remote management of servers & workstations (44)
9.5
Remote Active Directory® management (32)
9.5
Centralized management dashboard (28)
Session record (2)
9.6
Annotations (1)
Monitoring and Alerts (2)
9.6
Multi-platform remote control (21)
9.8

About Dameware Remote Support

DameWare Remote Support is a systems administration tool that lets IT admins and support teams provide remote support to end-users. This tool enables users to initiate remote connections with multiple computers at the same time and provide support with the help of the built-in administration tools and utilities. Users can also remotely connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems—all from a single, central DameWare console. The vendor says the solution is trusted by over 70,000 organizations worldwide and that DameWare was the first remote support software to introduce Smart Card authentication for remote connectivity.With the help of a secure internet proxy, DameWare lets users connect to thier end-users and customers across the globe—whether they are situated inside or outside their corporate network. The DameWare Mobile Gateway functionality lets IT pros provide on-call and after-hours support by launching remote sessions from iOS and Android devices.

DameWare Remote Support enables IT Pros to:

• Benefit from in-session chat, screenshot capture, and file transfer functionality
  • Remotely troubleshoot and manage Windows servers and workstations with built-in system tools
  • Remotely reboot systems, start/stop services & processes, copy/delete files, view and clear event logs
  • Manage multiple Active Directory domains, users an groups, and remotely reset passwords