Overall a Fantastic Program
October 07, 2021
Overall a Fantastic Program
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
We use Deputy across our entire operation to handle all timecard and punch clock needs (including keeping accurate records), track and apply earned vacation hours, and keeping track of employee details like birthdays, work anniversaries, etc. It has also been useful to store quick emergency contact information, so our managers can access things very quickly if the need arises. It is able to address many of the problems we were facing, such as employees having someone else "punch the clock for them" and clocking in before working was needed- before the scheduled to start a shift.
- Timecards tracking.
- Punch clock.
- Time off requests/Vacation time tracking.
- Customer Service is next to impossible to work with; the product is mostly self explanatory, but it seems customer service most times doesn't have a clue and is very hard to get a hold of. I believe (and I may be wrong!) that their team may be outside of the US (Europe?) working on vastly different hours than the US workday.
- There are quite a few bugs with the Vend integration and sales/labor costs reporting. Sales vs Labor cost reports would be fantastic to have, but due to bugs with the integration with Vend and complete lack of customer support in this area despite multiple reach outs, we are unable to use them.
- Deputy has helped limit inappropriate clock-ins, which has saved us on overpaying wage costs.
- The labor cost reports are very accurate and although not a complete picture with sales, have enabled us to quickly see labor cost breakdowns based on each section of our business (production hours, sales hours, executive hours, special projects, marketing hours, etc.) An invaluable tool to help determine expansion costs and ROI on some of our particular efforts.
Deputy is much more robust than When I Work as well as Square Employee Management and we have had much more success using the program. There was a never-ending barrage of "feature splitting" with Square Employee Management, where they would constantly take away features that were initially included, then sell them back as another service- resulting in a seemingly never-ending price increase circle where you constantly had to buy more product just to do what you could have done initially for a lower base price.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
Overall usability is great. The only ding, would be for the sales/labor integration and subsequent reports not working, as well as the lack of qualified & timely support to address certain issues.
Implementation was very easy to do and our employees haven't had any issues either-- taking a much needed tech support load off of our management team's plate.
Deputy is very well suited for any employer that needs to track employee hours at physical locations. Due to the glitches we've experienced with reporting, at present time it is not suited for in depth reports such as sales to revenue reports or any type of sales projection forecasting. The program offers these reports, but in our experience, they are not even close to being accurate as there is clearly something wrong with integration functionality and Deputy has been unable to address this issue.