Overall Satisfaction with Fonality
We have three companies under one roof. All three are able to use a single fonality system to manage both inbound and outbound calls. We route calls to the three different companies based on number dialed and then drill down to specific departments or individuals with menus. I would describe our usage as typical medium sized to small business usage similar to what a standard local PBX would be used for. Relevant to the discussion here would be that we have inbound and outbound sales as well as tech support using the fonality system. We DO have remote users from time to time, but this is not the norm... just convenient.
- Call routing with Fonality is very powerful. I spec'd out several cloud based systems that didn't have robust call routing (several "ring" hierarchies to choose from) before landing on Fonality.
- Fonality isn't stingy with their SIP credentials like most other cloud based companies.
- Fonality's QOS is fantastic.
- Fonality has a very knowledgable support staff. They will often fix problems without the customer's required involvement.
- User Interface for the CP. Needs improved speed at the least.
- Another VoIP company I've communicated with has what they call "courtesy lines..." I'm actually not completely sure how that works, but the salesman said they are very inexpensive because the only features they have are outbound calling, inbound call menu calling (eg: no direct call) and internal extension. So no voicemail or other features you'd expect. This is nice for a company with a LOT of employees who aren't really using their phones for much more than internal communication via the extensions.
- Fonality is simply less expensive than the conventional on-site PBX system when it comes to equipment.
- Fonality is simply less expensive than the conventional phone company POT or PRI.
- Though it's a smallish thing, on days where we have inclement weather, it's nice that our employees can just take their phones home to work! No business loss!
- SIP info is freely given with Fonality... not so with PhoneBooth.
- Phonebooth touts itself as being $20/mo, but there are NO upgrades and when all is said and done, they're more like $25/mo.
- Phonebooth has nowhere NEAR the call center features that Fonality has. Specifically in the areas of reporting and call routing.