- Pulling calls is simple and quick. A click and drag of the mouse and it's done. Very useful in high-stress calls that need a takeover.
- Monitoring calls is easy and can be done with whispers to the agent on our end, which is extremely useful.
- It's great for being able to have a pulse on what everyone n the company is doing at any one time.
- I would like a smaller view, so I don't need the whole screen to see everyone, but that's not needed by everyone.
- The interface is easy to use and it is very simple to program trees.
- Cost benefit ratio is simply amazing! So powerful and you don't need to have your own pbx locally. For a mid-sized business like ours it is wonderful. We have the power of a full VoIP solution without the need of a technician or hardware more than the basic you already have to be connected to internet!
- The possibility to record sensitive calls and save them. That provides our customers with an extra layer of security.
- Sometimes I notice a few problems using Chrome but probably that is something that is caused by the constant changes on browsers.
- I think that a cool feature could be to create menus and trees graphically like a flowchart. But that's only my crazy idea.
Probably if you need a more complex solution and you have an enterprise level company having your own hardware gives you more control over your calls and how to manage them. But again, I think that Fonality can cover most scenarios without the need of a huge investment.
- Call clarity and service reliability seem to be strong points for Fonality.
- Affordability is reasonable with Fonality.
- Fonality's integration with Allstate's eAgent system appears to be a strong point.
- Fonality's call routing system is too complicated. I have spent hours on the phone with tech service providers trying to get calls forwarded for one hour.
- I've had multiple instances of calls being forwarded by the tech support team at Fonality that were sent to the wrong phones.
- I am constantly frustrated by the fact that Fonality has no local tech support representatives available to come to my office to troubleshoot problems.
- From an administrator's perspective, Fonality makes administering the company's phone system easy. Configuration menus and setup options are logically structured and easy to understand.
- Technical support has been very good. Early on in our deployment, we had some nagging voice quality issues which were network related. Fonality provided exceptional support even though it was not technically their issue. It is important to know ahead of time how well your vendors work with other vendors for integrated services like a VOIP telephone system. Fonality support demonstrated their patience and perseverance in helping us resolve our issues.
- Although we don't use remote office capabilities much, the ability to set up phones on the system in remote locations has been a significant help to several of our departments.
- I would like to see a better designed HUD program, the PC and Mac based telephone interface to the Fonality PBX.
- Fonality is well suited for companies who require strict controls on certain phone calling features.
- Fonality works well in cases where staff are located in multiple locations and still want to appear as a single entity with their telecommunications.
- Reliability of the system
- The customization of the inbound call experience
- Ability to transfer calls to a softphone, hardphone and cell phone
- Great customer service
- More clear on the subscription features and costs at time of quotes
- Remove unusable features from the softphone if subscription does not cover
- Customer service is outstanding! They were quick to solve any issue we had.
- During set up the Fonality staff member did not close out our set up ticket until we were completely satisfied and ready to use the system on our own.
- We needed a cordless system to use in our small office and it works great!
- I love being able to keep the Fonality line at my desk and then pass it off to an attorney when my work day ends. It has just been a perfect set up.
- It would be nice if the landline would also ring when you are using the computer hub and a headset.
- A hold button on the cordless device would be wonderful as well.
- Maybe provide a second charging station.
- Great Customer Service
- Good Onboarding process
- Comprehensive Training for users and setup
- Hardware may need to be upgraded to facilitate better call quality.
- Call quality via cell phone app has been spotty on WiFi, requires the use of a carrier network.
- Transfer call
- Group meeting
- Customer service
- Availability of IT people - seems I was always getting pushed back
- Connectivity - got very complicated and we lost two full days of work
- User friendliness of server
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality - Great IP phone company with some room for improvement"
- For the most part, the sound quality is great. Some hiccups here and there but good overall.
- I really do like their HUD and it's better that most out there.
- If our internet goes down it does not mean you lose everything as you can switch it to another device.
- They need to provide their sales and install departments with more knowledge of their own system.
- Give the new user better startup (setup) tools to help implement things in a better format.
- The ability to switch on the fly your status when on the mobile app.
- Flexibility in sales in order to help the user if a promo changes within the first year.
- Can't mass upload your phone book.
- Impressed with the quality of the equipment provided (Polycom VVX 4 Series handset). Great speakerphone compared to the phone that was provided by the previous provider with a lower overall cost.
- Like the dashboard and softphone capabilities.
- Customer service and setup was excellent. Available and willing to take necessary time during the setup phase.
- The initial setup is a seemed a little challenging (however, the customer service was very patient in stepping through the process).
- Setting up the remote phone location was a little challenging compared to other lines.
- Would be nice if the record all function was available at a lower cost.
- All my stores are just an extension away.
- Very easy to forward calls to a cell phone, and get transcripts of voicemail in my email.
- Calls are very clear and without lag.
- Initial set up was painful. Many kinks to work out.
- Tech support is below average. It seems as if our own IT department is more knowledgeable about the system than their employees.
- Do not like the fact that if you place a call on hold you can't pick it up without it being transferred.
- Fonality is simple to use, so it's simple to teach as well.
- The HUB is easy to read and modify as needed. This is helpful when training representatives on answering phone calls.
- Quick and simple to record phone calls for training purposes.
- Easy to access recorded calls and call history.
- The UI seems a little dated.
- The website is very dated. It reminds me of when Windows first came out.
- The Cloud PBX functionality makes updating the ACD remotely a breeze
- The ability to view queues from anywhere on the globe is wonderful
- Offering a softphone solution for offsite work, or a phoneless desk, is a great solution to a common problem: space and price
- The Cloud PBX frequently shows configuration errors and needs a decent length of time to propagate otherwise simple changes
- There's no solid desktop replacement to the previous Java-based HUD software, only the new HUDWeb which, while nice, doesn't offer many features that the software-based solution did such as an Always On Top mode
- I'm completely unable to update the CNAM through the Cloud PBX, and the customer service representatives that I've spoken with have been of unfortunately little help
- If you use a hardware firewall, you may need to all of the VoIP configuration manually without guided steps, as Fonality does not offer guides for many hardware firewall solutions
- Businesses that lack the space on desks for phones and would rather use a software solution
- Businesses with limited wall jacks that need phones with Ethernet passthrough
- Businesses where moving extensions may be harder than moving the physical phone
- The Click to Dial feature is one of my favorites. Especially because it integrates directly with Blitz Lead Manager - the CRM I am using. Simply clicking the number in the lead or prospect starts the phone dialing. It saves time with every call, adding time to my day.
- Setting up the phone tree can be a little cumbersome, but it is a great feature. I know that, when a call gets to me, the person on the other end of the line is looking to get a quote for insurance. Once you have a system in place, it works very well.
- Call quality, thus far, has been more than satisfactory. The calls are clear and consistent
- The web launcher has been causing me problems. After it did not initially work (despite numerous attempts to set it up), it started to work improperly. It is still not doing exactly what it is intended to do.
The Polycom phones are a little basic and finding missed calls is a little difficult. Also, the HUD is a little confusing. Depending on how you dial or how the call comes into the office, the call log may only show your extension instead of the external number being contacted.
- Ease of use. Fonality works as well (if not better than) our previous land-line based phone systems. The transition was incredibly easy thanks to its ease of use - and Fonality's onboarding team was extremely responsive whenever we had a concern.
- Pricing. Fonality's pricing model is very intuitive and is easily budgetable.
- The mobile platform allows our on-call teams to give our customers the confidence that their calls will be answered, even if it is after hours, and no one is physically in the office.
- Id like to see recordings be integrated into Fonality's main CP. Today, these are separate, and make the QC process a bit more labor intensive than it should be. Additionally, the search features are a bit cumbersome.
- The overall control panel, while very effective, looks dated, an the overall UX is behind some of Fonality's other competitors (CoreDial for example).
- Proactive support would be nice - with our QOS as part of Fonality's system, it would be nice to receive automated notices whenever a potential issue arises, as opposed to being reactive to a service-impacting issue.
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Great product. I can't imagine by business without Fonality."
- Call Tracking/Reporting. I like that I can log in at any time and track phone calls.
- Messaging features. The IM portion of HUDweb is GREAT. I can't imagine sending emails all day to my employees and how time intensive that would be.
- Set up was so simple. As a small business owner I don't have time to do extensive training, and spend time setting the equipment up.
- I would like more options for my messaging when a caller calls in.
- I would like to be able to have callers be able to dial extensions when they call in.
- HUD - graphical display of anyone's status
- Integrates with our CRM solution, Salesforce.com
- Integrated chat
- Remote users are sometimes challenging to set up initially
- Priority support not an option available to us
- Have had some administrative snafus over time with billing
- Fonality gives you a lot of information about who is calling. This is helpful for tracking leads, storing client data, etc.
- Fonality is user-friendly and easy to learn, so not a lot of time is wasted on training staff.
- Fonality makes it easier to transfer calls between office locations or even to cell phones. This allows service professionals to move around and work remotely without any interruption in the client's experience.
- It took Fonality longer than expected (and promised) to set up the infrastructure required for us to port our numbers over and get started.
- My staff has been somewhat reluctant to engage with the online videos, etc., for obtaining support. They are "old school" and gravitate more towards phone support, or even the option of having a person come on-site.
Fonality seems to be more limited in terms of ensuring that staff learn and utilize the features that are available because all of the support must be accessed online.
- Support - very helpful when setting up new features
- Schedules - allows for numerous call schedules
- Communication - very prompt when issues with the service arise
- On call scheduling
- Managing Fonality could be easier - unless you're a consistent back end user, it's not super friendly
- The HUD application provides a great dashboard for seeing who is on the phone, who they are talking to as well as who is logged into the support queue.
- The cloud deployment has proven to be pretty reliable and trouble free for remote employees using a traditional handset.
- The administration console is pretty user friendly for managing the system.
- The softphone options have not proven particularly reliable. The HUDweb application has some potential as far as a visual tool, but has just proven way too unreliable for everyday use. Would not recommend it for use. With that being said, a new softphone application is to be released on 12/16/16, so that may render use of HUDweb obsolete. Am hopeful the dedicated softphone application will prove worthy.
- HUD Mobile is also less than an ideal solution. Not sure if the mobile OS is to blame for some of the disappointment, but having to run the mobile application in the foreground in order to receive calls is not really practical. Also, the design of the application is not very efficient as it's not obvious immediately how to get to the keypad and direct dialing an extension is not working for us. It does however make calls and can work, but it's more of a hassle than it's really worth. My remote sales team just uses their carrier minutes for calls.
- The click to call feature while it has worked for us in the past, it has also caused issues with adding extra characters and logos in random areas of email messages, so our users have pretty much turned that feature off.
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About NetFortris (formerly Fonality)
Rated PCMag's Editors' Choice for Business VoIP 2016, NetFortris (formerly Fonality) is a leading business phone system provider that bundles its unified communications software for a complete business communications solution. NetFortris says it is known for:
- Innovating with Heads Up Display (HUD) so users can see who's available, chat, audio and video conference, record calls on the fly, and more
- Building in fundamental call center features like simple queues
- Offering advanced features that make enterprise-level call center available at the fraction of the price
- Including a web phone and mobile app at no additional cost
- Lowering costs with unlimited calling plans between the U.S. and more than a half dozen other countries and territories
- Providing 24/7 support - even on holidays
- Transparency: if there is an issue, they'll tell users
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Screenshots
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Integrations
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Hybrid Premise Subscription (Appliance and Phone for Each User)||200.00||per location, per month|
|Hybrid Software Subscription (Required with Hybrid Premise)||14.99||per user, per month|
|Hybrid Premise Purchase||Varies||Varies|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Essentials Edition||19.99||per user, per month|
|Professional Edition||24.99||per user, per month|
|Ultimate Edition||34.99||per user, per month|
For the latest special offers, visit www.fonality.com/offers.
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Global (99 countries and territories)|
|Supported Languages: ||English|