It truly is the Hud!We use NetFortris to handle all of our calls, to allow us to transfer calls, pull calls, and monitor calls. It syncs with our Outlook contacts and allows us to communicate on various levels - inter-office and externally. We can keep track of call stats and use it to make sure everyone is on the same page. I fully recommend it as it is extremely effective and useful in day to day operations.,Pulling calls is simple and quick. A click and drag of the mouse and it's done. Very useful in high-stress calls that need a takeover. Monitoring calls is easy and can be done with whispers to the agent on our end, which is extremely useful. It's great for being able to have a pulse on what everyone n the company is doing at any one time.,I would like a smaller view, so I don't need the whole screen to see everyone, but that's not needed by everyone.,10,We are more efficient and it allows us to keep better track of all call stats.My happy experience with FonalityWe use Fonality to save every sensitive phone call we have. The whole company is using it. We share it in every business unit we have. One of the key functionalities for us is the simple and fast the interface is to create queues. We share the building with 2 clinics, an insurance agency, a law firm, tax office and a church. Every one has their own incoming number but we share resources making CSRs available to take calls no mater which number the customer dialed.,The interface is easy to use and it is very simple to program trees. Cost benefit ratio is simply amazing! So powerful and you don't need to have your own pbx locally. For a mid-sized business like ours it is wonderful. We have the power of a full VoIP solution without the need of a technician or hardware more than the basic you already have to be connected to internet! The possibility to record sensitive calls and save them. That provides our customers with an extra layer of security.,Sometimes I notice a few problems using Chrome but probably that is something that is caused by the constant changes on browsers. I think that a cool feature could be to create menus and trees graphically like a flowchart. But that's only my crazy idea.,10,It is scalable Affordable Easy to use Detailed reports,,Symantec NetBackup, Symantec Data Loss Prevention, Digium AsteriskDisappointed UserFonality is our sole provider of VOIP for our insurance agency. We use the system to support our sales effort and customers service. We use the phone system to do outbound telemarketing, answering customer calls for bill payment, account troubleshooting, sending and receiving data including customer background reports, insured property photos, etc.,Call clarity and service reliability seem to be strong points for Fonality. Affordability is reasonable with Fonality. Fonality's integration with Allstate's eAgent system appears to be a strong point.,Fonality's call routing system is too complicated. I have spent hours on the phone with tech service providers trying to get calls forwarded for one hour. I've had multiple instances of calls being forwarded by the tech support team at Fonality that were sent to the wrong phones. I am constantly frustrated by the fact that Fonality has no local tech support representatives available to come to my office to troubleshoot problems.,3,No - I don't use the Heads Up Display portal,No. I plan to leave Fonality soon.,Fonality has not had a measurable impact on my business objectives, positive or negative.Fonality on campus at SEAFonality is the telephone PBX provider for Sea Education Association, an internationally recognized leader in undergraduate ocean education in Falmouth, MA. Using an onsite server, Fonality provides telephone service company wide for approximately 50 faculty, administrative staff, and student housing. The system provides cost-effective local, long distant, and international calling services for this fantastic semester long study abroad program.,From an administrator's perspective, Fonality makes administering the company's phone system easy. Configuration menus and setup options are logically structured and easy to understand. Technical support has been very good. Early on in our deployment, we had some nagging voice quality issues which were network related. Fonality provided exceptional support even though it was not technically their issue. It is important to know ahead of time how well your vendors work with other vendors for integrated services like a VOIP telephone system. Fonality support demonstrated their patience and perseverance in helping us resolve our issues. Although we don't use remote office capabilities much, the ability to set up phones on the system in remote locations has been a significant help to several of our departments.,I would like to see a better designed HUD program, the PC and Mac based telephone interface to the Fonality PBX.,8,Yes - I use the Heads Up Display portal online,Our organization is not likely to grow significantly, but it's clear Fonality would be able to grow with us if we needed it to. Call handling features for our admissions and development department are most important to us.,Fonality - VOIP features have allowed our staff to be more effective in communicating with their constituents both within and outside the organization Fonality resolved a bunch of call restriction issues with student calling capabilities we were having with our previous phone service Fonality has enabled us to use much cheaper carrier services.,Ring Central, Cisco and ShoreTelUpgrade to Call CenterWe are a kayak company and primarily use it for booking tours in our office. The softphone feature was key so we could also take calls in our shop using an USB headset. The installation was easy and straightforward. Our tech made it simple. My issues now are the subscription plan. We have the basic [plan] and the HUD does not recognize the agent location. We found workarounds by moving a call to a softphone to answer but it sometimes causes big issues for agents. As for now, it is our slow season; we can not upgrade to a call center license. We will keep working on the softphone functionality.,Reliability of the system The customization of the inbound call experience Ability to transfer calls to a softphone, hardphone and cell phone Great customer service,More clear on the subscription features and costs at time of quotes Remove unusable features from the softphone if subscription does not cover,9,Yes - I use the Heads Up Display portal both online and mobile,Our business is growing at a very fast rate and the scalability of Fonality should make it easy to add additional users with minimal configuration. I like the idea of call whisper and listening when training new staff so management can see how the agents react to certain scenarios. I see no problem with the scalability for our use.,The system is $10 per month cheaper than Intermedia, although we would have to upgrade to a more expensive plan of +$50 per month to maximize Fonality. It's too early to tell but with auto answer it should allow us to take more calls with fewer agents and still provide a better customer experience. Should save on payroll. With the 99.99% reliability with fonality, we have fewer dropped calls and most likely capture more potential sales.,Intermedia,5,1,Customer support Booking tours Direct calls to owners and upper management Displaying ads on hold music for customers and product awareness,Use our shop as a secondary call center during our slow season to minimize payroll costs Flexibility to work from home and provide the same customer experience Night mode to be able to close shop early without having customers go through the standard prompt,More use of cellphone routing Agents can work from home, which may allow us to work without office space More advance routing of calls to give agents more information on inbound calls Recording keeping of inbound and outbound calls to follow up with potential big sales and development of new sales leads,10,Salesforce.com, Google Cloud Storage, Shopify,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,It would have been better to sample the system's interface with a demo version. The best I could find are youtube videos on how to use the system. These were helpful but actual trials of the software would have gave me the confidence to make the move to Fonality quicker.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,Not know exactly when our main line would be ported over Hard to test system using phones attached to agents because Fonality treats it as an interoffice call. There should be a better way to simulate 4-5 inbound calls to see how the system and reps can place on hold, transfer.,10,Online training,7,10,I recommend going with their tech's recommendations. You can make the decisions although you should go with the advice from the techs. You really need to follow their specific instructions. Do not, not listen to the techs, as they know the technical things and can solve those technical issues without causing more issues,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,Fonality has been working great for us and we will make some changes to the server as we test and perfect how the system can better serve our customers and our agents. We will work with the techs to ensure that any changes are going to work as intended. If we could test the system beforehand it would be even better,10,No,The initial setup was easy and the tech walked us through how to best setup the system for our business and created it the way that we wanted. He coached us through the process on making minor adjustments as the business grows and additional lines or agents are added. He carefully explained the features and the benefits to the company by how to utilize them,The server configuration is straight forward and idiot proof for the most part The hardphones exceed expectations The integration of WebHUD and Desktop software are great!,The different licences and the softphone software. The software gives us the ability to create weird problems with accepting transferring calls. The learning curve for training new staff is there although for most people I think it's easy to learn. It would be nice to have a feature to have a test or sample of possible changes before it goes live for our customers. For example to update the menu, change the music, ect,Yes, but I don't use it,10
Windows, Mac
NetFortris (formerly Fonality)

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Reviews

NetFortris (formerly Fonality)
Filter 154 vetted NetFortris (formerly Fonality) reviews and ratings
April 20, 2018

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "It truly is the Hud!"

• Pulling calls is simple and quick. A click and drag of the mouse and it's done. Very useful in high-stress calls that need a takeover.
  • Monitoring calls is easy and can be done with whispers to the agent on our end, which is extremely useful.
  • It's great for being able to have a pulse on what everyone n the company is doing at any one time.
  • I would like a smaller view, so I don't need the whole screen to see everyone, but that's not needed by everyone.
I think it's well suited for any office that is phone call driven. It's great to keep controls, stats, and to use.
Read Bill Boykin's full review
July 05, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "My happy experience with Fonality"

• The interface is easy to use and it is very simple to program trees.
  • Cost benefit ratio is simply amazing! So powerful and you don't need to have your own pbx locally. For a mid-sized business like ours it is wonderful. We have the power of a full VoIP solution without the need of a technician or hardware more than the basic you already have to be connected to internet!
  • The possibility to record sensitive calls and save them. That provides our customers with an extra layer of security.
  • Sometimes I notice a few problems using Chrome but probably that is something that is caused by the constant changes on browsers.
  • I think that a cool feature could be to create menus and trees graphically like a flowchart. But that's only my crazy idea.
For Insurance agencies, small practices, small call centers, anyone that need call forwarding or work with his number remotely while away from office. I can't list all the things I'm gaining as a Fonality customer. From the installation process, the configuration phase with the technicians, the account managers, every Fonality employee was professional and savvy. I was a contact center specialist for more than 10 years and I can tell you that I've never been this happy with a service! Never!

Probably if you need a more complex solution and you have an enterprise level company having your own hardware gives you more control over your calls and how to manage them. But again, I think that Fonality can cover most scenarios without the need of a huge investment.
Read Claudio Hoffer's full review
July 11, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Disappointed User"

• Call clarity and service reliability seem to be strong points for Fonality.
  • Affordability is reasonable with Fonality.
  • Fonality's integration with Allstate's eAgent system appears to be a strong point.
  • Fonality's call routing system is too complicated. I have spent hours on the phone with tech service providers trying to get calls forwarded for one hour.
  • I've had multiple instances of calls being forwarded by the tech support team at Fonality that were sent to the wrong phones.
  • I am constantly frustrated by the fact that Fonality has no local tech support representatives available to come to my office to troubleshoot problems.
Fonality might be well suited for tech-savvy insurance agents. Fonality's call forwarding is too complex for the average person.
Read Andre Garner's full review
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality on campus at SEA"

• From an administrator's perspective, Fonality makes administering the company's phone system easy. Configuration menus and setup options are logically structured and easy to understand.
  • Technical support has been very good. Early on in our deployment, we had some nagging voice quality issues which were network related. Fonality provided exceptional support even though it was not technically their issue. It is important to know ahead of time how well your vendors work with other vendors for integrated services like a VOIP telephone system. Fonality support demonstrated their patience and perseverance in helping us resolve our issues.
  • Although we don't use remote office capabilities much, the ability to set up phones on the system in remote locations has been a significant help to several of our departments.
  • I would like to see a better designed HUD program, the PC and Mac based telephone interface to the Fonality PBX.
  • Fonality is well suited for companies who require strict controls on certain phone calling features.
  • Fonality works well in cases where staff are located in multiple locations and still want to appear as a single entity with their telecommunications.
Read Ed Dennen's full review
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Upgrade to Call Center"

• Reliability of the system
  • The customization of the inbound call experience
  • Ability to transfer calls to a softphone, hardphone and cell phone
  • Great customer service
  • More clear on the subscription features and costs at time of quotes
  • Remove unusable features from the softphone if subscription does not cover
Great for both small and large businesses. Great for mobile agents when you have the call center licence to forward calls appropriately. Does not work well if the agents aren't tech savvy, there is a learning curve to use the fonality system to the best of its ability. Although, the webinars provide good instruction. The ability for managers to listen in on calls with a call center license will help with training new recruits.
Read Joseph Greaney's full review
February 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Outstanding Customer Service"

We are a new firm working along side an already established firm. We have attorneys working across the country and all calls are directed to the Fonaity line here in Columbus. Working with Fonality and the internet has made the start up of this new endeavor run more smoothly than anticipated. The staff at Fonality were very helpful in their guidance and set up of the system.
  • Customer service is outstanding! They were quick to solve any issue we had.
  • During set up the Fonality staff member did not close out our set up ticket until we were completely satisfied and ready to use the system on our own.
  • We needed a cordless system to use in our small office and it works great!
  • I love being able to keep the Fonality line at my desk and then pass it off to an attorney when my work day ends. It has just been a perfect set up.
  • It would be nice if the landline would also ring when you are using the computer hub and a headset.
  • A hold button on the cordless device would be wonderful as well.
  • Maybe provide a second charging station.
Having two businesses within one office has proven challenging in many ways, but the Fonality cordless phone and the computer hub has helped with this transition and is probably the one aspect of this new endeavor that has been the most helpful. We are able to receive calls, voicemails and keep the business flow moving without any hiccups.
Read Traci Ludke's full review
April 25, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Small Business - First Phone System"

We are a small operation and use it for inbound and outbound customer/vendor contact, and internal communication.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Good Onboarding process
  • Comprehensive Training for users and setup
  • Hardware may need to be upgraded to facilitate better call quality.
  • Call quality via cell phone app has been spotty on WiFi, requires the use of a carrier network.
Our team is small and needed some hardware adjustments for optimal service. The standard cable modem and router did not provide the best call quality. For those with optimal hardware, or those building the hardware around their phone system this may be an ideal fit.
Read Bob Lawless's full review
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "TAC loves Fonality!"

We use fonality throughout our entire business, which has offices in Connecticut, Indiana, and Texas. Fonality allows us to seamlessly transfer calls or have group meetings as if we were all in one office.
  • Transfer call
  • Group meeting
  • Customer service
  • Availability of IT people - seems I was always getting pushed back
  • Connectivity - got very complicated and we lost two full days of work
  • User friendliness of server
[Fonality is] great for companies with several offices and you have to transfer calls.
Read Maggie Worthington's full review
March 06, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality - Great IP phone company with some room for improvement"

Fonality was signed up with Aug/Sept 2016. There was a painful setup and we finally just installed their system. It still is painfull as the setup was not clear and we had to use our own version of the SAMPLE setup to get this to work. I am working out the kinks in the system and learning more each day. The install department should be more knowledgeable in all aspects as well as the sales [department] too. The sales reps were a little pushy and actually told me several things that come to find out we could not do or they swear they did not say. Promised the world but not quite. I do like the system more and more but there are things like the mobile app that needs to improve. Especially using the app to log in or out. The next month (which was the next day) the sales rep said the promo that they were having was the best they will ever get since he had been there but turns out that since then they have offered the ultimate plan for the same price as we pay for the professional one. Which is also not right due to that ultimate hold more value. Plus, the phones that they offer for free also were better and in color display. I was also told I had to buy (to guarantee their service) their wifi router (which comes with wifi turned off - what's the point) plus it's a lower end model. But, we did not even need that due to the one we had. I also was told by the sales rep that they were never down and that next month they had their biggest outage. The system is used now throughout our company and its used to start help communicating better between departments and customers.
  • For the most part, the sound quality is great. Some hiccups here and there but good overall.
  • I really do like their HUD and it's better that most out there.
  • If our internet goes down it does not mean you lose everything as you can switch it to another device.
  • They need to provide their sales and install departments with more knowledge of their own system.
  • Give the new user better startup (setup) tools to help implement things in a better format.
  • The ability to switch on the fly your status when on the mobile app.
  • Flexibility in sales in order to help the user if a promo changes within the first year.
  • Can't mass upload your phone book.
It's a great way to know who is here in the company and informative to be able to get the customers to the right department quicker.
Read Paul West's full review
March 03, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality vs. Vonage for small business owners"

Small business owner, who uses Fonality services across our business in multiple locations. Business is sales driven and outbound calling and tracking are important components to the business. It is also important to have options and ability to record calls on demand when needed from tracking or review purposes. Fonality provides this functionality.
  • Impressed with the quality of the equipment provided (Polycom VVX 4 Series handset). Great speakerphone compared to the phone that was provided by the previous provider with a lower overall cost.
  • Like the dashboard and softphone capabilities.
  • Customer service and setup was excellent. Available and willing to take necessary time during the setup phase.
  • The initial setup is a seemed a little challenging (however, the customer service was very patient in stepping through the process).
  • Setting up the remote phone location was a little challenging compared to other lines.
  • Would be nice if the record all function was available at a lower cost.
I think this system is very well suited for small businesses who need flexibility in setup. Also for those who like to have the option of a softphone and mobile solutions working in conjunction with the physical equipment in an office. I think this is very well suited for sales offices or call center setups where quality of call and reporting functionality are important.
Read Brian Bliss's full review
February 24, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality - Great Phone system for the money"

It is being used by the whole organization. We were looking for a system where all of our different retail stores were just an extension away. We began looking at VOIP phones to also eliminate phone lines we were paying for. We are also still in the process of getting all the phones hooked up at each location and the numbers ported over. We have been taking it store by store to work the kinks out at each location.
  • All my stores are just an extension away.
  • Very easy to forward calls to a cell phone, and get transcripts of voicemail in my email.
  • Calls are very clear and without lag.
  • Initial set up was painful. Many kinks to work out.
  • Tech support is below average. It seems as if our own IT department is more knowledgeable about the system than their employees.
  • Do not like the fact that if you place a call on hold you can't pick it up without it being transferred.
I would recommend Fonality over some of the competitors, pricing was a major factor in our decision to choose Fonality.
Read Robert Duckworth's full review
February 22, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Simple to Use, Simple to Teach"

Our company uses Fonality to manage and keep track of incoming calls. The options allow us to monitor all calls and make sure they are handled properly. The system is fairly simple to use and therefore it's easy to teach others how to use Fonality effectively. I especially appreciate the ability to create multiple phone queues.
  • Fonality is simple to use, so it's simple to teach as well.
  • The HUB is easy to read and modify as needed. This is helpful when training representatives on answering phone calls.
  • Quick and simple to record phone calls for training purposes.
  • Easy to access recorded calls and call history.
  • The UI seems a little dated.
  • The website is very dated. It reminds me of when Windows first came out.
It seems to work well for small call centers and/or similar set-ups
Read Ben Jung Min Suh's full review
February 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Nothing is perfect, but Fonality excels despite"

Fonality's phone system will be used to replace a dated Altigen hosted PBX solution that was purchased in 2005 which is the current phone system in use by the entire company for our customer service, purchasing, shipping, receiving, and administrative departments.
  • The Cloud PBX functionality makes updating the ACD remotely a breeze
  • The ability to view queues from anywhere on the globe is wonderful
  • Offering a softphone solution for offsite work, or a phoneless desk, is a great solution to a common problem: space and price
  • The Cloud PBX frequently shows configuration errors and needs a decent length of time to propagate otherwise simple changes
  • There's no solid desktop replacement to the previous Java-based HUD software, only the new HUDWeb which, while nice, doesn't offer many features that the software-based solution did such as an Always On Top mode
  • I'm completely unable to update the CNAM through the Cloud PBX, and the customer service representatives that I've spoken with have been of unfortunately little help
  • If you use a hardware firewall, you may need to all of the VoIP configuration manually without guided steps, as Fonality does not offer guides for many hardware firewall solutions
Well Suited For
  • Businesses that lack the space on desks for phones and would rather use a software solution
  • Businesses with limited wall jacks that need phones with Ethernet passthrough
  • Businesses where moving extensions may be harder than moving the physical phone
Read Cora Underhill's full review
March 03, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality): "Fonality Review"

We could not operate efficiently without Fonality. We use the HUD to communicate within the office and to the members in the field.
  • Sales Support
  • Working with our CRM
  • Monitoring compliance
  • Customer Service
  • Quality Assurance
  • Sales
Fonality is best suited for a sales and customer service environment. I can't see Fonality working great in a retail or restaurant environment.
Read Logan Wease's full review
February 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Click to Dial Enthusiast"

Fonality is being used by my entire organization. It aids in the sales process by routing callers to the proper people, it helps to save time through the "Click to Dial" feature, it helps me manage the company through cp.fonality.com and helps my employees manage their time through the HUD. I am pleased with the level of support and the functionality of the product. I am anxious to see how it helps with telemarketing and training. In the future, I will be using the training features of being able to listen to employees' calls so I can coach them and help them to better traverse a sales call.
  • The Click to Dial feature is one of my favorites. Especially because it integrates directly with Blitz Lead Manager - the CRM I am using. Simply clicking the number in the lead or prospect starts the phone dialing. It saves time with every call, adding time to my day.
  • Setting up the phone tree can be a little cumbersome, but it is a great feature. I know that, when a call gets to me, the person on the other end of the line is looking to get a quote for insurance. Once you have a system in place, it works very well.
  • Call quality, thus far, has been more than satisfactory. The calls are clear and consistent
  • The web launcher has been causing me problems. After it did not initially work (despite numerous attempts to set it up), it started to work improperly. It is still not doing exactly what it is intended to do.
Following up with leads and prospects with its Click to Dial feature makes Fonality an effective tool to a sales organization. Misdials and wrong numbers are virtually eradicated by this feature. In addition to saving a few seconds for every call, you add time to your day and are able to conduct more business throughout the year.

The Polycom phones are a little basic and finding missed calls is a little difficult. Also, the HUD is a little confusing. Depending on how you dial or how the call comes into the office, the call log may only show your extension instead of the external number being contacted.
March 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "A great (but not perfect) hosted VoIP option"

We use Fonality as our division's main phone system. I had used Fonality in the past and was pleased with their service. But the technology and transparency it allows aligns well with our QC processes, which was the main factor in our decision to use Fonality.
  • Ease of use. Fonality works as well (if not better than) our previous land-line based phone systems. The transition was incredibly easy thanks to its ease of use - and Fonality's onboarding team was extremely responsive whenever we had a concern.
  • Pricing. Fonality's pricing model is very intuitive and is easily budgetable.
  • The mobile platform allows our on-call teams to give our customers the confidence that their calls will be answered, even if it is after hours, and no one is physically in the office.
  • Id like to see recordings be integrated into Fonality's main CP. Today, these are separate, and make the QC process a bit more labor intensive than it should be. Additionally, the search features are a bit cumbersome.
  • The overall control panel, while very effective, looks dated, an the overall UX is behind some of Fonality's other competitors (CoreDial for example).
  • Proactive support would be nice - with our QOS as part of Fonality's system, it would be nice to receive automated notices whenever a potential issue arises, as opposed to being reactive to a service-impacting issue.
Fonality is well suited to businesses looking for an easy-to-use hosted VoIP provider. However, there will be some heavy-lifting expected by the end-user which can be cumbersome, confusing, or time-consuming for those who may not be familiar with a solution of this type.
March 13, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Great product. I can't imagine by business without Fonality."

It is being used for the company. We are a virtual company at this time and it is great for the messaging and helps me to manage my team remotely. It would be terrible without fonality. I also like the reporting it provides so I can track our progress and report back to the team.
  • Call Tracking/Reporting. I like that I can log in at any time and track phone calls.
  • Messaging features. The IM portion of HUDweb is GREAT. I can't imagine sending emails all day to my employees and how time intensive that would be.
  • Set up was so simple. As a small business owner I don't have time to do extensive training, and spend time setting the equipment up.
  • I would like more options for my messaging when a caller calls in.
  • I would like to be able to have callers be able to dial extensions when they call in.
It is great for a virtual company for communication and management. When I have an office suite, I will still take fonality with me.
March 07, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality Cloud based PBX worth a look"

Fonality is used across our entire organization. It allows us to fold in remote users all over the US.
  • HUD - graphical display of anyone's status
  • Integrates with our CRM solution, Salesforce.com
  • Integrated chat
  • Remote users are sometimes challenging to set up initially
  • Priority support not an option available to us
  • Have had some administrative snafus over time with billing
Perfect for any organization
February 24, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality does the job"

It's being used by everyone. It addressed our need to have consistent phone capabilities across two office locations, as well as the ability to transfer calls to attorney cell phones with no interruption in client experience. It also gives us additional information about each caller, which is helpful in a law firm setting.
  • Fonality gives you a lot of information about who is calling. This is helpful for tracking leads, storing client data, etc.
  • Fonality is user-friendly and easy to learn, so not a lot of time is wasted on training staff.
  • Fonality makes it easier to transfer calls between office locations or even to cell phones. This allows service professionals to move around and work remotely without any interruption in the client's experience.
  • It took Fonality longer than expected (and promised) to set up the infrastructure required for us to port our numbers over and get started.
  • My staff has been somewhat reluctant to engage with the online videos, etc., for obtaining support. They are "old school" and gravitate more towards phone support, or even the option of having a person come on-site.
Fonality works well in an environment where not all staff is in the same location, and/or needs to move around. It also works well in a fast-paced setting in terms of organizing callers and collecting data.
Fonality seems to be more limited in terms of ensuring that staff learn and utilize the features that are available because all of the support must be accessed online.
March 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Great!"

I use Fonality to give customers automated information via telephone and to encourage them to make their purchase online through our website.
  • Reliable
  • Affordable
  • Admin website can be confusing
  • Admin website is usually slow
The automated calls make my job much easier.
March 06, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality): "Fonality Review"

It is used across the whole organization. It is great for creating different schedules based on different regions of clients.
  • Support - very helpful when setting up new features
  • Schedules - allows for numerous call schedules
  • Communication - very prompt when issues with the service arise
  • On call scheduling
  • Managing Fonality could be easier - unless you're a consistent back end user, it's not super friendly
Great for clients that track Support Center statistics via phone. Could be a bit more user friendly.
February 21, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Overview"

I use Fonality throughout my Agency, primarily to link three locations seamlessly.
  • Customer service
  • HUD - Heads up Display
  • Bundled features
  • New technology integration...texting
  • Expanding additional services as part of bundled offerings
  • Training
[Well suited for organizations with] Multiple locations
February 21, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality is the Bomb Diggety"

We use Fonality across our entire organization.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Great Tech Support
  • Easy and convenient
  • Everytime there is an update, it messes up my calling system
Fonality is easy and convenient to use.
February 21, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality: the good and the bad"

We have it with all of our brokers on it. Two of them are using just their cell phone. It allows the agents to be more mobile
  • Ability to be mobile
  • Ease of use
  • The soft phone (but the app needs work)
  • The ease of use for some people
  • The setup of call cues
  • Need better training when first setting up
[Well suited for] for on the go people. The ring tone is horrible and can be fixed.
December 14, 2016

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fair and Balanced"

We use Fonality as our primary telephone system for the entire company. It also supports our helpdesk operations so we have a call queue configured to distribute support calls.
  • The HUD application provides a great dashboard for seeing who is on the phone, who they are talking to as well as who is logged into the support queue.
  • The cloud deployment has proven to be pretty reliable and trouble free for remote employees using a traditional handset.
  • The administration console is pretty user friendly for managing the system.
  • The softphone options have not proven particularly reliable. The HUDweb application has some potential as far as a visual tool, but has just proven way too unreliable for everyday use. Would not recommend it for use. With that being said, a new softphone application is to be released on 12/16/16, so that may render use of HUDweb obsolete. Am hopeful the dedicated softphone application will prove worthy.
  • HUD Mobile is also less than an ideal solution. Not sure if the mobile OS is to blame for some of the disappointment, but having to run the mobile application in the foreground in order to receive calls is not really practical. Also, the design of the application is not very efficient as it's not obvious immediately how to get to the keypad and direct dialing an extension is not working for us. It does however make calls and can work, but it's more of a hassle than it's really worth. My remote sales team just uses their carrier minutes for calls.
  • The click to call feature while it has worked for us in the past, it has also caused issues with adding extra characters and logos in random areas of email messages, so our users have pretty much turned that feature off.
I would recommend taking a look at Fonality for instances in which dedicated handsets will be the norm. Also if you have a relatively simple need for call queues, I think Fonality is definitely worth a look. For the moment, if you are looking to make use of softphones I would urge you to carefully test out the new app to make sure it works well enough. I think a dedicated softphone application will prove to be vastly more reliable than the HUDweb option, but time will tell. If you need a reliable and dependable mobile application, I'm not sure what Fonality currently offers will meet the need.
Read Scott Braun's full review

Hosted PBX (56)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (44)
User templates (2)
Call reports (76)
Directory of employee names (76)
Answering rules (86)
5.9
Audio conferencing (52)
Mobile app for iOS (44)
5.8
Mobile app for Android (30)
5.7

About NetFortris (formerly Fonality)

Rated PCMag's Editors' Choice for Business VoIP 2016, NetFortris (formerly Fonality) is a leading business phone system provider that bundles its unified communications software for a complete business communications solution. NetFortris says it is known for:

• Innovating with Heads Up Display (HUD) so users can see who's available, chat, audio and video conference, record calls on the fly, and more
  • Building in fundamental call center features like simple queues
  • Offering advanced features that make enterprise-level call center available at the fraction of the price
  • Including a web phone and mobile app at no additional cost
  • Lowering costs with unlimited calling plans between the U.S. and more than a half dozen other countries and territories
  • Providing 24/7 support - even on holidays
  • Transparency: if there is an issue, they'll tell users

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Does not have featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
VoIP system collaboration Features
Has featureVideo conferencing
Has featureAudio conferencing
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android
Has featureHeads Up Display (HUD) UC applications
Has feature100+ Business Phone System Features
Has featureSoftphone (Included)
Has featureVoicemail Transcription
Has featureCall Center Software (Built-in)
Has featureOn Demand Recording / Record All
Has featurePaperless Fax / FaxLync
Has feature24/7 Support

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Screenshots

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Integrations

Salesforce.com, Box, Zipwhip, Intellinote, Snap Recordings, Allstate eAgent, Blitz Lead Manager

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
Hybrid Premise Subscription (Appliance and Phone for Each User)200.00per location, per month
Hybrid Software Subscription (Required with Hybrid Premise)14.99per user, per month
Hybrid Premise PurchaseVariesVaries
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
Essentials Edition19.99per user, per month
Professional Edition24.99per user, per month
Ultimate Edition34.99per user, per month

For the latest special offers, visit www.fonality.com/offers.

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Customer Size Distribution