NetFortris provides business phone systems using Polycom and Yealink IP phones. They offer three subscription-based pricing plans, all including unlimited VoIP and desktop phone options. Advanced plans include other features such as video collaboration, softphone, and on-demand recording.My year and a half with FonalityEveryone in our company (5 individuals) uses NetFortris. We purchased NetFortris, when it was Fonality, along with compatible handsets after our previous phone system, a traditional landline, aged out of use.,The new handsets we purchased do provide a helpful log of calls -- outgoing, incoming, missed, etc. -- however, I imagine that any VoIP provider can also provide this service. We now use headsets that allow us to move about the office freely while on calls, which we could not do with our old phone system. Again, this probably has more to do with VoIP and the newer handsets than anything provided to us by Fonality/NetFortris.,Fonality/NetFortris, for some reason, limits the functionality of the handsets that are compatible with it and which we purchased to compliment it. We are forced to use the HUDweb interface or the HUD desktop app to do simple things like placing calls on hold, transferring calls, and initiating conference calls. In my office, most employees have several windows open at once -- as I'm sure is common in most offices -- and it can be distracting and clumsy to have to minimize windows in order to pull up the HUD to put a call on hold. In addition, the lighted buttons on the handset can be used to indicate when another user is currently on the line, or if they are unavailable (I know this because I have been speaking with another VoIP provider who offers this feature); however, Fonality/NetFortris does not allow us to use this feature. Again, we are funneled into using the HUD desktop app, which does provide the information that we want to have handy, but not where we want it (on the handsets). Customer service has been less that helpful when we call to address our concerns. Ironically, the call quality with customer service is often very poor, and on more than one occasion, I was greeted with someone who did not know how to help me and didn't make any effort to do so.,1,It would not be possible to quantify in dollar figures the negative impact that Fonality/NetFortris has had on our business. In the 20 months that we have had it, it is a constant topic of conversation, about which no one is happy. We have dropped numerous calls while attempting to transfer calls to and from "park.",Amicus AttorneyIt truly is the Hud!We use NetFortris to handle all of our calls, to allow us to transfer calls, pull calls, and monitor calls. It syncs with our Outlook contacts and allows us to communicate on various levels - inter-office and externally. We can keep track of call stats and use it to make sure everyone is on the same page. I fully recommend it as it is extremely effective and useful in day to day operations.,Pulling calls is simple and quick. A click and drag of the mouse and it's done. Very useful in high-stress calls that need a takeover. Monitoring calls is easy and can be done with whispers to the agent on our end, which is extremely useful. It's great for being able to have a pulse on what everyone n the company is doing at any one time.,I would like a smaller view, so I don't need the whole screen to see everyone, but that's not needed by everyone.,10,We are more efficient and it allows us to keep better track of all call stats.My happy experience with FonalityWe use Fonality to save every sensitive phone call we have. The whole company is using it. We share it in every business unit we have. One of the key functionalities for us is the simple and fast the interface is to create queues. We share the building with 2 clinics, an insurance agency, a law firm, tax office and a church. Every one has their own incoming number but we share resources making CSRs available to take calls no mater which number the customer dialed.,The interface is easy to use and it is very simple to program trees. Cost benefit ratio is simply amazing! So powerful and you don't need to have your own pbx locally. For a mid-sized business like ours it is wonderful. We have the power of a full VoIP solution without the need of a technician or hardware more than the basic you already have to be connected to internet! The possibility to record sensitive calls and save them. That provides our customers with an extra layer of security.,Sometimes I notice a few problems using Chrome but probably that is something that is caused by the constant changes on browsers. I think that a cool feature could be to create menus and trees graphically like a flowchart. But that's only my crazy idea.,10,It is scalable Affordable Easy to use Detailed reports,,Symantec NetBackup, Symantec Data Loss Prevention, Digium AsteriskDisappointed UserFonality is our sole provider of VOIP for our insurance agency. We use the system to support our sales effort and customers service. We use the phone system to do outbound telemarketing, answering customer calls for bill payment, account troubleshooting, sending and receiving data including customer background reports, insured property photos, etc.,Call clarity and service reliability seem to be strong points for Fonality. Affordability is reasonable with Fonality. Fonality's integration with Allstate's eAgent system appears to be a strong point.,Fonality's call routing system is too complicated. I have spent hours on the phone with tech service providers trying to get calls forwarded for one hour. I've had multiple instances of calls being forwarded by the tech support team at Fonality that were sent to the wrong phones. I am constantly frustrated by the fact that Fonality has no local tech support representatives available to come to my office to troubleshoot problems.,3,No - I don't use the Heads Up Display portal,No. I plan to leave Fonality soon.,Fonality has not had a measurable impact on my business objectives, positive or negative.Fonality on campus at SEAFonality is the telephone PBX provider for Sea Education Association, an internationally recognized leader in undergraduate ocean education in Falmouth, MA. Using an onsite server, Fonality provides telephone service company wide for approximately 50 faculty, administrative staff, and student housing. The system provides cost-effective local, long distant, and international calling services for this fantastic semester long study abroad program.,From an administrator's perspective, Fonality makes administering the company's phone system easy. Configuration menus and setup options are logically structured and easy to understand. Technical support has been very good. Early on in our deployment, we had some nagging voice quality issues which were network related. Fonality provided exceptional support even though it was not technically their issue. It is important to know ahead of time how well your vendors work with other vendors for integrated services like a VOIP telephone system. Fonality support demonstrated their patience and perseverance in helping us resolve our issues. Although we don't use remote office capabilities much, the ability to set up phones on the system in remote locations has been a significant help to several of our departments.,I would like to see a better designed HUD program, the PC and Mac based telephone interface to the Fonality PBX.,8,Yes - I use the Heads Up Display portal online,Our organization is not likely to grow significantly, but it's clear Fonality would be able to grow with us if we needed it to. Call handling features for our admissions and development department are most important to us.,Fonality - VOIP features have allowed our staff to be more effective in communicating with their constituents both within and outside the organization Fonality resolved a bunch of call restriction issues with student calling capabilities we were having with our previous phone service Fonality has enabled us to use much cheaper carrier services.,Ring Central, Cisco and ShoreTel
Windows, Mac
NetFortris (formerly Fonality)

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Reviews

NetFortris (formerly Fonality)
Filter 155 vetted NetFortris (formerly Fonality) reviews and ratings

Matthew Guerra profile photo
September 28, 2018

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "My year and a half with Fonality"

• The new handsets we purchased do provide a helpful log of calls -- outgoing, incoming, missed, etc. -- however, I imagine that any VoIP provider can also provide this service.
  • We now use headsets that allow us to move about the office freely while on calls, which we could not do with our old phone system. Again, this probably has more to do with VoIP and the newer handsets than anything provided to us by Fonality/NetFortris.
  • Fonality/NetFortris, for some reason, limits the functionality of the handsets that are compatible with it and which we purchased to compliment it. We are forced to use the HUDweb interface or the HUD desktop app to do simple things like placing calls on hold, transferring calls, and initiating conference calls. In my office, most employees have several windows open at once -- as I'm sure is common in most offices -- and it can be distracting and clumsy to have to minimize windows in order to pull up the HUD to put a call on hold.
  • In addition, the lighted buttons on the handset can be used to indicate when another user is currently on the line, or if they are unavailable (I know this because I have been speaking with another VoIP provider who offers this feature); however, Fonality/NetFortris does not allow us to use this feature. Again, we are funneled into using the HUD desktop app, which does provide the information that we want to have handy, but not where we want it (on the handsets).
  • Customer service has been less that helpful when we call to address our concerns. Ironically, the call quality with customer service is often very poor, and on more than one occasion, I was greeted with someone who did not know how to help me and didn't make any effort to do so.
If you have an office in which all employees are tech-savvy, then Fonality/NetFortris may be for you. It is not a very adaptable system however. If you want it to emulate an existing or prior setup you will be sorely disappointed as Fonality/NetFortris will probably not work with you to make the phone work the way you want it to.
Read Matthew Guerra's full review
Bill Boykin profile photo
April 20, 2018

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "It truly is the Hud!"

• Pulling calls is simple and quick. A click and drag of the mouse and it's done. Very useful in high-stress calls that need a takeover.
  • Monitoring calls is easy and can be done with whispers to the agent on our end, which is extremely useful.
  • It's great for being able to have a pulse on what everyone n the company is doing at any one time.
  • I would like a smaller view, so I don't need the whole screen to see everyone, but that's not needed by everyone.
I think it's well suited for any office that is phone call driven. It's great to keep controls, stats, and to use.
Read Bill Boykin's full review
Claudio Hoffer profile photo
July 05, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "My happy experience with Fonality"

• The interface is easy to use and it is very simple to program trees.
  • Cost benefit ratio is simply amazing! So powerful and you don't need to have your own pbx locally. For a mid-sized business like ours it is wonderful. We have the power of a full VoIP solution without the need of a technician or hardware more than the basic you already have to be connected to internet!
  • The possibility to record sensitive calls and save them. That provides our customers with an extra layer of security.
  • Sometimes I notice a few problems using Chrome but probably that is something that is caused by the constant changes on browsers.
  • I think that a cool feature could be to create menus and trees graphically like a flowchart. But that's only my crazy idea.
For Insurance agencies, small practices, small call centers, anyone that need call forwarding or work with his number remotely while away from office. I can't list all the things I'm gaining as a Fonality customer. From the installation process, the configuration phase with the technicians, the account managers, every Fonality employee was professional and savvy. I was a contact center specialist for more than 10 years and I can tell you that I've never been this happy with a service! Never!

Probably if you need a more complex solution and you have an enterprise level company having your own hardware gives you more control over your calls and how to manage them. But again, I think that Fonality can cover most scenarios without the need of a huge investment.
Read Claudio Hoffer's full review
Andre Garner profile photo
July 11, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Disappointed User"

• Call clarity and service reliability seem to be strong points for Fonality.
  • Affordability is reasonable with Fonality.
  • Fonality's integration with Allstate's eAgent system appears to be a strong point.
  • Fonality's call routing system is too complicated. I have spent hours on the phone with tech service providers trying to get calls forwarded for one hour.
  • I've had multiple instances of calls being forwarded by the tech support team at Fonality that were sent to the wrong phones.
  • I am constantly frustrated by the fact that Fonality has no local tech support representatives available to come to my office to troubleshoot problems.
Fonality might be well suited for tech-savvy insurance agents. Fonality's call forwarding is too complex for the average person.
Read Andre Garner's full review
Ed Dennen profile photo
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality on campus at SEA"

• From an administrator's perspective, Fonality makes administering the company's phone system easy. Configuration menus and setup options are logically structured and easy to understand.
  • Technical support has been very good. Early on in our deployment, we had some nagging voice quality issues which were network related. Fonality provided exceptional support even though it was not technically their issue. It is important to know ahead of time how well your vendors work with other vendors for integrated services like a VOIP telephone system. Fonality support demonstrated their patience and perseverance in helping us resolve our issues.
  • Although we don't use remote office capabilities much, the ability to set up phones on the system in remote locations has been a significant help to several of our departments.
  • I would like to see a better designed HUD program, the PC and Mac based telephone interface to the Fonality PBX.
  • Fonality is well suited for companies who require strict controls on certain phone calling features.
  • Fonality works well in cases where staff are located in multiple locations and still want to appear as a single entity with their telecommunications.
Read Ed Dennen's full review
Joseph Greaney profile photo
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Upgrade to Call Center"

We are a kayak company and primarily use it for booking tours in our office. The softphone feature was key so we could also take calls in our shop using an USB headset. The installation was easy and straightforward. Our tech made it simple. My issues now are the subscription plan. We have the basic [plan] and the HUD does not recognize the agent location. We found workarounds by moving a call to a softphone to answer but it sometimes causes big issues for agents. As for now, it is our slow season; we can not upgrade to a call center license. We will keep working on the softphone functionality.
  • Reliability of the system
  • The customization of the inbound call experience
  • Ability to transfer calls to a softphone, hardphone and cell phone
  • Great customer service
  • More clear on the subscription features and costs at time of quotes
  • Remove unusable features from the softphone if subscription does not cover
Great for both small and large businesses. Great for mobile agents when you have the call center licence to forward calls appropriately. Does not work well if the agents aren't tech savvy, there is a learning curve to use the fonality system to the best of its ability. Although, the webinars provide good instruction. The ability for managers to listen in on calls with a call center license will help with training new recruits.
Read Joseph Greaney's full review
Bob Lawless profile photo
April 25, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Small Business - First Phone System"

We are a small operation and use it for inbound and outbound customer/vendor contact, and internal communication.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Good Onboarding process
  • Comprehensive Training for users and setup
  • Hardware may need to be upgraded to facilitate better call quality.
  • Call quality via cell phone app has been spotty on WiFi, requires the use of a carrier network.
Our team is small and needed some hardware adjustments for optimal service. The standard cable modem and router did not provide the best call quality. For those with optimal hardware, or those building the hardware around their phone system this may be an ideal fit.
Read Bob Lawless's full review
Maggie Worthington profile photo
March 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "TAC loves Fonality!"

We use fonality throughout our entire business, which has offices in Connecticut, Indiana, and Texas. Fonality allows us to seamlessly transfer calls or have group meetings as if we were all in one office.
  • Transfer call
  • Group meeting
  • Customer service
  • Availability of IT people - seems I was always getting pushed back
  • Connectivity - got very complicated and we lost two full days of work
  • User friendliness of server
[Fonality is] great for companies with several offices and you have to transfer calls.
Read Maggie Worthington's full review
Paul West profile photo
March 06, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality - Great IP phone company with some room for improvement"

Fonality was signed up with Aug/Sept 2016. There was a painful setup and we finally just installed their system. It still is painfull as the setup was not clear and we had to use our own version of the SAMPLE setup to get this to work. I am working out the kinks in the system and learning more each day. The install department should be more knowledgeable in all aspects as well as the sales [department] too. The sales reps were a little pushy and actually told me several things that come to find out we could not do or they swear they did not say. Promised the world but not quite. I do like the system more and more but there are things like the mobile app that needs to improve. Especially using the app to log in or out. The next month (which was the next day) the sales rep said the promo that they were having was the best they will ever get since he had been there but turns out that since then they have offered the ultimate plan for the same price as we pay for the professional one. Which is also not right due to that ultimate hold more value. Plus, the phones that they offer for free also were better and in color display. I was also told I had to buy (to guarantee their service) their wifi router (which comes with wifi turned off - what's the point) plus it's a lower end model. But, we did not even need that due to the one we had. I also was told by the sales rep that they were never down and that next month they had their biggest outage. The system is used now throughout our company and its used to start help communicating better between departments and customers.
  • For the most part, the sound quality is great. Some hiccups here and there but good overall.
  • I really do like their HUD and it's better that most out there.
  • If our internet goes down it does not mean you lose everything as you can switch it to another device.
  • They need to provide their sales and install departments with more knowledge of their own system.
  • Give the new user better startup (setup) tools to help implement things in a better format.
  • The ability to switch on the fly your status when on the mobile app.
  • Flexibility in sales in order to help the user if a promo changes within the first year.
  • Can't mass upload your phone book.
It's a great way to know who is here in the company and informative to be able to get the customers to the right department quicker.
Read Paul West's full review
Brian Bliss profile photo
March 03, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality vs. Vonage for small business owners"

Small business owner, who uses Fonality services across our business in multiple locations. Business is sales driven and outbound calling and tracking are important components to the business. It is also important to have options and ability to record calls on demand when needed from tracking or review purposes. Fonality provides this functionality.
  • Impressed with the quality of the equipment provided (Polycom VVX 4 Series handset). Great speakerphone compared to the phone that was provided by the previous provider with a lower overall cost.
  • Like the dashboard and softphone capabilities.
  • Customer service and setup was excellent. Available and willing to take necessary time during the setup phase.
  • The initial setup is a seemed a little challenging (however, the customer service was very patient in stepping through the process).
  • Setting up the remote phone location was a little challenging compared to other lines.
  • Would be nice if the record all function was available at a lower cost.
I think this system is very well suited for small businesses who need flexibility in setup. Also for those who like to have the option of a softphone and mobile solutions working in conjunction with the physical equipment in an office. I think this is very well suited for sales offices or call center setups where quality of call and reporting functionality are important.
Read Brian Bliss's full review
Robert Duckworth profile photo
February 24, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality - Great Phone system for the money"

It is being used by the whole organization. We were looking for a system where all of our different retail stores were just an extension away. We began looking at VOIP phones to also eliminate phone lines we were paying for. We are also still in the process of getting all the phones hooked up at each location and the numbers ported over. We have been taking it store by store to work the kinks out at each location.
  • All my stores are just an extension away.
  • Very easy to forward calls to a cell phone, and get transcripts of voicemail in my email.
  • Calls are very clear and without lag.
  • Initial set up was painful. Many kinks to work out.
  • Tech support is below average. It seems as if our own IT department is more knowledgeable about the system than their employees.
  • Do not like the fact that if you place a call on hold you can't pick it up without it being transferred.
I would recommend Fonality over some of the competitors, pricing was a major factor in our decision to choose Fonality.
Read Robert Duckworth's full review
Logan Wease profile photo
March 03, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality): "Fonality Review"

We could not operate efficiently without Fonality. We use the HUD to communicate within the office and to the members in the field.
  • Sales Support
  • Working with our CRM
  • Monitoring compliance
  • Customer Service
  • Quality Assurance
  • Sales
Fonality is best suited for a sales and customer service environment. I can't see Fonality working great in a retail or restaurant environment.
Read Logan Wease's full review
March 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "A great (but not perfect) hosted VoIP option"

We use Fonality as our division's main phone system. I had used Fonality in the past and was pleased with their service. But the technology and transparency it allows aligns well with our QC processes, which was the main factor in our decision to use Fonality.
  • Ease of use. Fonality works as well (if not better than) our previous land-line based phone systems. The transition was incredibly easy thanks to its ease of use - and Fonality's onboarding team was extremely responsive whenever we had a concern.
  • Pricing. Fonality's pricing model is very intuitive and is easily budgetable.
  • The mobile platform allows our on-call teams to give our customers the confidence that their calls will be answered, even if it is after hours, and no one is physically in the office.
  • Id like to see recordings be integrated into Fonality's main CP. Today, these are separate, and make the QC process a bit more labor intensive than it should be. Additionally, the search features are a bit cumbersome.
  • The overall control panel, while very effective, looks dated, an the overall UX is behind some of Fonality's other competitors (CoreDial for example).
  • Proactive support would be nice - with our QOS as part of Fonality's system, it would be nice to receive automated notices whenever a potential issue arises, as opposed to being reactive to a service-impacting issue.
Fonality is well suited to businesses looking for an easy-to-use hosted VoIP provider. However, there will be some heavy-lifting expected by the end-user which can be cumbersome, confusing, or time-consuming for those who may not be familiar with a solution of this type.
March 13, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Great product. I can't imagine by business without Fonality."

It is being used for the company. We are a virtual company at this time and it is great for the messaging and helps me to manage my team remotely. It would be terrible without fonality. I also like the reporting it provides so I can track our progress and report back to the team.
  • Call Tracking/Reporting. I like that I can log in at any time and track phone calls.
  • Messaging features. The IM portion of HUDweb is GREAT. I can't imagine sending emails all day to my employees and how time intensive that would be.
  • Set up was so simple. As a small business owner I don't have time to do extensive training, and spend time setting the equipment up.
  • I would like more options for my messaging when a caller calls in.
  • I would like to be able to have callers be able to dial extensions when they call in.
It is great for a virtual company for communication and management. When I have an office suite, I will still take fonality with me.
March 07, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality Cloud based PBX worth a look"

Fonality is used across our entire organization. It allows us to fold in remote users all over the US.
  • HUD - graphical display of anyone's status
  • Integrates with our CRM solution, Salesforce.com
  • Integrated chat
  • Remote users are sometimes challenging to set up initially
  • Priority support not an option available to us
  • Have had some administrative snafus over time with billing
Perfect for any organization
February 24, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fonality does the job"

It's being used by everyone. It addressed our need to have consistent phone capabilities across two office locations, as well as the ability to transfer calls to attorney cell phones with no interruption in client experience. It also gives us additional information about each caller, which is helpful in a law firm setting.
  • Fonality gives you a lot of information about who is calling. This is helpful for tracking leads, storing client data, etc.
  • Fonality is user-friendly and easy to learn, so not a lot of time is wasted on training staff.
  • Fonality makes it easier to transfer calls between office locations or even to cell phones. This allows service professionals to move around and work remotely without any interruption in the client's experience.
  • It took Fonality longer than expected (and promised) to set up the infrastructure required for us to port our numbers over and get started.
  • My staff has been somewhat reluctant to engage with the online videos, etc., for obtaining support. They are "old school" and gravitate more towards phone support, or even the option of having a person come on-site.
Fonality works well in an environment where not all staff is in the same location, and/or needs to move around. It also works well in a fast-paced setting in terms of organizing callers and collecting data.
Fonality seems to be more limited in terms of ensuring that staff learn and utilize the features that are available because all of the support must be accessed online.
March 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Great!"

I use Fonality to give customers automated information via telephone and to encourage them to make their purchase online through our website.
  • Reliable
  • Affordable
  • Admin website can be confusing
  • Admin website is usually slow
The automated calls make my job much easier.
March 06, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality): "Fonality Review"

It is used across the whole organization. It is great for creating different schedules based on different regions of clients.
  • Support - very helpful when setting up new features
  • Schedules - allows for numerous call schedules
  • Communication - very prompt when issues with the service arise
  • On call scheduling
  • Managing Fonality could be easier - unless you're a consistent back end user, it's not super friendly
Great for clients that track Support Center statistics via phone. Could be a bit more user friendly.
Traci Ludke profile photo
February 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Outstanding Customer Service"

We are a new firm working along side an already established firm. We have attorneys working across the country and all calls are directed to the Fonaity line here in Columbus. Working with Fonality and the internet has made the start up of this new endeavor run more smoothly than anticipated. The staff at Fonality were very helpful in their guidance and set up of the system.
  • Customer service is outstanding! They were quick to solve any issue we had.
  • During set up the Fonality staff member did not close out our set up ticket until we were completely satisfied and ready to use the system on our own.
  • We needed a cordless system to use in our small office and it works great!
  • I love being able to keep the Fonality line at my desk and then pass it off to an attorney when my work day ends. It has just been a perfect set up.
  • It would be nice if the landline would also ring when you are using the computer hub and a headset.
  • A hold button on the cordless device would be wonderful as well.
  • Maybe provide a second charging station.
Having two businesses within one office has proven challenging in many ways, but the Fonality cordless phone and the computer hub has helped with this transition and is probably the one aspect of this new endeavor that has been the most helpful. We are able to receive calls, voicemails and keep the business flow moving without any hiccups.
Read Traci Ludke's full review
Scott Braun profile photo
December 14, 2016

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Fair and Balanced"

We use Fonality as our primary telephone system for the entire company. It also supports our helpdesk operations so we have a call queue configured to distribute support calls.
  • The HUD application provides a great dashboard for seeing who is on the phone, who they are talking to as well as who is logged into the support queue.
  • The cloud deployment has proven to be pretty reliable and trouble free for remote employees using a traditional handset.
  • The administration console is pretty user friendly for managing the system.
  • The softphone options have not proven particularly reliable. The HUDweb application has some potential as far as a visual tool, but has just proven way too unreliable for everyday use. Would not recommend it for use. With that being said, a new softphone application is to be released on 12/16/16, so that may render use of HUDweb obsolete. Am hopeful the dedicated softphone application will prove worthy.
  • HUD Mobile is also less than an ideal solution. Not sure if the mobile OS is to blame for some of the disappointment, but having to run the mobile application in the foreground in order to receive calls is not really practical. Also, the design of the application is not very efficient as it's not obvious immediately how to get to the keypad and direct dialing an extension is not working for us. It does however make calls and can work, but it's more of a hassle than it's really worth. My remote sales team just uses their carrier minutes for calls.
  • The click to call feature while it has worked for us in the past, it has also caused issues with adding extra characters and logos in random areas of email messages, so our users have pretty much turned that feature off.
I would recommend taking a look at Fonality for instances in which dedicated handsets will be the norm. Also if you have a relatively simple need for call queues, I think Fonality is definitely worth a look. For the moment, if you are looking to make use of softphones I would urge you to carefully test out the new app to make sure it works well enough. I think a dedicated softphone application will prove to be vastly more reliable than the HUDweb option, but time will tell. If you need a reliable and dependable mobile application, I'm not sure what Fonality currently offers will meet the need.
Read Scott Braun's full review
Ben Jung Min Suh profile photo
February 22, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Simple to Use, Simple to Teach"

Our company uses Fonality to manage and keep track of incoming calls. The options allow us to monitor all calls and make sure they are handled properly. The system is fairly simple to use and therefore it's easy to teach others how to use Fonality effectively. I especially appreciate the ability to create multiple phone queues.
  • Fonality is simple to use, so it's simple to teach as well.
  • The HUB is easy to read and modify as needed. This is helpful when training representatives on answering phone calls.
  • Quick and simple to record phone calls for training purposes.
  • Easy to access recorded calls and call history.
  • The UI seems a little dated.
  • The website is very dated. It reminds me of when Windows first came out.
It seems to work well for small call centers and/or similar set-ups
Read Ben Jung Min Suh's full review
Cora Underhill profile photo
February 17, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Nothing is perfect, but Fonality excels despite"

Fonality's phone system will be used to replace a dated Altigen hosted PBX solution that was purchased in 2005 which is the current phone system in use by the entire company for our customer service, purchasing, shipping, receiving, and administrative departments.
  • The Cloud PBX functionality makes updating the ACD remotely a breeze
  • The ability to view queues from anywhere on the globe is wonderful
  • Offering a softphone solution for offsite work, or a phoneless desk, is a great solution to a common problem: space and price
  • The Cloud PBX frequently shows configuration errors and needs a decent length of time to propagate otherwise simple changes
  • There's no solid desktop replacement to the previous Java-based HUD software, only the new HUDWeb which, while nice, doesn't offer many features that the software-based solution did such as an Always On Top mode
  • I'm completely unable to update the CNAM through the Cloud PBX, and the customer service representatives that I've spoken with have been of unfortunately little help
  • If you use a hardware firewall, you may need to all of the VoIP configuration manually without guided steps, as Fonality does not offer guides for many hardware firewall solutions
Well Suited For
  • Businesses that lack the space on desks for phones and would rather use a software solution
  • Businesses with limited wall jacks that need phones with Ethernet passthrough
  • Businesses where moving extensions may be harder than moving the physical phone
Read Cora Underhill's full review
Nick Bhatia profile photo
February 10, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Under impressed with Fonality"

It is being used across the organization. It helps in the fact that we have employees that work outside the office so it easy to set up for them.
  • Deployment for employees outside the office. They will ship the phone directly to our remote employee and I can configure the phone from the web panel.
  • Their response time to outages is unacceptable. I don't think they realize that our phones are our bloodline for business, their tech support is lackadaisical about when our phones will come back up etc. We probably have an outage 4-6 times a yr. You can't talk to their technical team directly, you have to talk to "Tech support" who talk to the technical team which is just frustrating and takes longer to resolve issues.
  • The phone call clarity is just average, we hear other calls in the background (not very loud but still noticeable).
If you have remote users, it's easy to deploy. But again their service is sub par.
Read Nick Bhatia's full review
Nancy Wright profile photo
January 30, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Review: "Buyer's Remorse"

The firm utilizes Fonality for our phone system.
  • Right now I can't tell you anything that they do particularly well.
  • Quality of the system
  • Technical support
  • Basic administration of the company
When I first started with Fonality, the server they created for me/assigned me did not work and so they had to build/create another one. Because of that, there were two different numbers floating around out there for us and we were double billed. I have had numerous phone conversations with Fonality as to the drop offs, etc. I have tried for 3 months to get a phone replaced. It was sent to the wrong address twice. I finally received it today.
Read Nancy Wright's full review
Joseph Lavin profile photo
January 27, 2017

NetFortris (formerly Fonality): "DTV's Fonality Review"

We use Fonality across the entire business. It fills the need for our customer service department, our alternate office location, and people that work from home.
  • The user interface is done in an intuitive way where it's easy to set nup and understand. There are many things you can do for call routing and other phone tree setup.
  • We went from a standard BCM phone system to VOIP system. So having everything done over IP and UI is a lot easier for users to manage.
  • All the different functionality is important too. We can have people working from anywhere and still be connected to the business. You can forward on phone calls to your cell phones. The HUD is a neat feature that [lets] customer service users use a computer app instead of the phone handset.
  • The customer service is almost non-existent. It's really hard to get good service with tough questions. With minor things it's fine, but with more advanced things it wasn't very good.
  • The HUDWeb, the online versions of the phone software, was really bad at connecting for users that worked from home. But to be fair it could have been their internet connection.
  • Call quality has been an issue....if not properly set up. The phone system needs high internet speeds which is something Northfield doesn't have. We've seen diminished call quality when bandwidth is getting sucked up.
[My rating is] between a 7 and 8. The software and UI is really cool. But they still need to work out the kinks with their customer service, HUDWeb, and call quality. Unfortunately, this is the only VOIP I've used, but I think overall they're right there.
Read Joseph Lavin's full review

Hosted PBX (57)
6.2
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (44)
User templates (2)
Call reports (76)
Directory of employee names (76)
Answering rules (87)
Audio conferencing (53)
6.1
Mobile app for iOS (44)
5.7
Mobile app for Android (31)
3.9

About NetFortris (formerly Fonality)

Rated PCMag's Editors' Choice for Business VoIP 2016, NetFortris (formerly Fonality) is a leading business phone system provider that bundles its unified communications software for a complete business communications solution. NetFortris says it is known for:

• Innovating with Heads Up Display (HUD) so users can see who's available, chat, audio and video conference, record calls on the fly, and more
  • Building in fundamental call center features like simple queues
  • Offering advanced features that make enterprise-level call center available at the fraction of the price
  • Including a web phone and mobile app at no additional cost
  • Lowering costs with unlimited calling plans between the U.S. and more than a half dozen other countries and territories
  • Providing 24/7 support - even on holidays
  • Transparency: if there is an issue, they'll tell users

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Does not have featureUser templates
Has featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
VoIP system collaboration Features
Has featureVideo conferencing
Has featureAudio conferencing
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android
Has featureHeads Up Display (HUD) UC applications
Has feature100+ Business Phone System Features
Has featureSoftphone (Included)
Has featureVoicemail Transcription
Has featureCall Center Software (Built-in)
Has featureOn Demand Recording / Record All
Has featurePaperless Fax / FaxLync
Has feature24/7 Support

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Screenshots

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Integrations

Salesforce.com, Box, Zipwhip, Intellinote, Snap Recordings, Allstate eAgent, Blitz Lead Manager

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
Hybrid Premise Subscription (Appliance and Phone for Each User)200.00per location, per month
Hybrid Software Subscription (Required with Hybrid Premise)14.99per user, per month
Hybrid Premise PurchaseVariesVaries
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
Essentials Edition19.99per user, per month
Professional Edition24.99per user, per month
Ultimate Edition34.99per user, per month

For the latest special offers, visit www.fonality.com/offers.

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Customer Size Distribution