Overall Satisfaction with Gist
We use it for chat support, email marketing, marketing automation, and all of our customer relationship needs. It's a wonderful tool for simplifying our tech stack. Right now we only use it for one of our websites, which is an eComm site. It has been an extremely effective tool for improving customer relations and increasing conversions. We are planning to roll it out to several other websites in the near future.
- Gist provides endless ways of interacting with customers. I can chat and email with them, track their usage on my site, qualify them, add tags and other profile information, and so much more.
- There is even an awesome live view that lets me spy on visitors to see how they're using the site.
- The tools are powerful, easy to use, and constantly getting improvements. It seems like every week there is another update being rolled out that substantially extends the functionality or usability of the features in Gist.
- Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month.
- The vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.
- Email deliverability has been less than perfect in the past, but it has improved drastically in the last year.
- Thousands of dollars in monthly support and marketing costs have been saved since implementation.
- Our conversion rate has increased substantially.
- Our rate of return purchases has also increased.
While Gist may not win a head-to-head against any of these products in their specific sphere of operation, it competes well and has the added benefit everything else being built-in. This enables powerful and fast automation with minimal setup time and tinkering around to ensure different apps are speaking to each other properly.
Gist is an excellent tool for teams looking to provide all-in-one customer support and marketing under the same umbrella product. Having everything in the same platform makes integration a breeze and saves hours per week on managing leads and customers. It may not be ideal for a large company that has many diverse needs that would require a bespoke solution.