Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- Simplicity: LiveChat is simple and intuitive to use. Before LiveChat, we would arrange weeks of training sessions to train new employees on how to efficiently use our helpdesk solution. However since we adapted LiveChat as our helpdesk program, we spend between a few hour to a few days of instructional guidance and new employees are good to begin using LiveChat.
- In the above context, LiveChat has saved my organization financial resources.
- LiveChat integrates well with our primary social media page - Facebook. With the Facebook/LiveChat integration, visitors to our Facebook brand page have been able to chat up a customer support agent on my team, without their leaving the Facebook interface.
- LiveChat thrives well in the area of support it provides teams and sales departments. Apart from the regular 24/7 support which we make use of ,whenever we run into obstacles using LiveChat , we also get support materials from LiveChat team members like Jacob Arent, Mary Jaksch etc. These Support materials usually involve tips and real life experience story’s detailing how teams can increase sales conversions by leveraging on the enormous possibilities LiveChat presents teams.
- LiveChat has been fantastic with its integration. At the moment, we integrate LiveChat with MailChimp and Salesforce. Thus resulting to increased website visitor to customer conversion.
- LiveChat needs to expand the functionality of the LiveChat smartphone app. At the moment, apart from basic live conversation with website visitors, the LiveChat mobile app. Is unusable for tasks like responding to customer tickets ,editing user profiles on the LiveChat dashboard etc.
I will also recommend this program for teams looking to cut their financial budget expended towards training new team members to use software.With a tool like LiveChat, there is very minimal training required before a team member is able to adequately take charge of the software. When compared to alternative support mediums like a support email or call center support, I will suggest a LiveChat backed app/website support for teams (small, medium, and large).This alternative is cheaper and makes it very easy for support agents to multi-task by addressing multiple web visitors at the same time.
- Prompts users to chat
- Chats with users
- Creates tickets in cases where we don't have an operator available.
- It could integrate better with Google Analytics or other products we use better.
- It could provide more information about users besides page visiting, location, and browser.
- It could be faster to load.
LiveChat is accompanied by tons of features which ease the workload on our Customer Care agents by letting them work faster and efficiently. Pricing is fair and as of recent, the LiveChat team introduced my organization to Chatbot, which has improved the performance of the Customer Care department by reducing the number of chats they have to respond to.
- LiveChat comes with a mobile compatible chat widget, which fits easily into most modern smartphone screens. Therefore, website visitors get a quality chatting experience with our agents, no matter the size of their device screen.
- The chat tags make it easy for me to locate specific conversations from thousands of conversations the Customer Service team have had with website visitors.
- LiveChat provides a daily chat summary, which gives a quick view of the daily performance statistic of the Customer Service department.
- Absolutely satisfied with LiveChat. There are no complaints I can think of at the moment.
Organizations in search of a cheap yet efficient medium for real-time communication with customers will find LiveChat a good fit too.
- LiveChat proved to be the tool with the fastest learning curve for the majority of our staff and this is due primarily to the minimalistic approach to design LiveChat possesses, both in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
- LiveChat is feature-rich and boasts of a series of industry-first features for a helpdesk solution. These features like canned responses, sneak-peek for chat messages etc have led to sales and customer support agents in my organization working faster and more efficiently than they would without them.
- LiveChat sets an example for software vendors to follow in the area of user support. They are perhaps the easiest to reach software vendor I know of and of course the promptness of their response to my organization whenever we have reached out to them has been commendable and obviously, we tried learning from them.
- I am completely satisfied with LiveChat. I don't have suggestions for improvement at this time.
For organizations looking to cut financial resources expended on traditional customer service mediums like call centers, I suggest LiveChat.
- I love the LiveChat Chatbot - Botengine. Botengine has taken a lot of chat sessions off the desk of the customer care team. We have long realized that at least half of our users who talk to us online basically just ask very simple questions; whose answers sometimes are even on the website.
- This is where Botengine comes in. Botengine simply points them to where the answer lies and that saves the customer care team from one extra chat duty.
- I also love the CANNED RESPONSE feature LiveChat provides users. A lot of users who contact us simply ask the same questions: questions we have responded to over and over again.
- Rather than having to type a response to these questions when they are asked again, we simply save a CANNED RESPONSE addressing them and the next time anyone asks any of such questions; we recall the response with a few keyboard strokes.
- Probably my favorite feature on LiveChat is the analytics. Apart from the basic information we get about every website visitor, I also receive daily emails from LiveChat providing me insights into the performance of my team over the course of the day.
- Via this report, I know the number of total chats we responded to, the percentile of visitors who loved the chat agent performance and the percentile of visitors who weren't impressed.
- We are also able to know the number of chats we missed for the day. The email also contains a percentile for the total performance for the day and this makes it easy to follow the performance as I simply look at the percentile rating and compare with what we have had in the past few days.
- I have got reservations about the VISITOR BANNING feature. This feature, while it has been handy for banning spammers, we have discovered that it only bans a visitors' IP address, thus such web visitor can simply access the website via another internet network IP without any obstacle. Maybe we can have a situation where a users' MAC address can be banned alongside the IP?
- User support - We patronize a few software startups in my current team, and over the years at different organizations where I worked, I also had the opportunity to use various software and I still cannot think of any of these software companies who have got a better user support team than LiveChat. The Livechat support team is online 24/7 and have successfully addressed our obstacles on every occasion, where we have had a reason or two to reach out to them.
- Apart from the above support sphere, which is what is expected from a support team anyways; the LiveChat support team also periodically sends us newsletters highlighting newer ways via which we can maximize the effect of LiveChat on our business operations.
- Insights - Every entrepreneur loves insights and I am not an exception; especially when these insights is not really what you have paid for, therefore technically free. For example, I receive an email from LiveChat at the end of my day at work detailing the performance of our customer support efforts for the day, these emails easily gives me a picture in a matter of seconds on how much our performance has either improved or decreased from the previous day.
- LiveChat further provides me tickets reports which I have got access to anytime I desire. The LiveChat ticket reportage provides me with a concise analysis on the number of tickets our clients opened over a given period, the amount of time it took the support team to respond to such tickets, how quickly or slowly the ticket was solved, ticket resolution time and so much more.
- Maybe LiveChat needs to learn a bit of workflow from Intercom even though I admit Intercom isn't really a full LiveChat program but rather a bit of everything. I like how on the Intercom helpdesk solution, users are able to customize specific messages to web visitors depending on the website page they are or their activity on the website. This will be a great improvement on Livechat.
- Also on Intercom, the workflow is smoother; I, as an agent, can easily introduce a fellow agent into a correspondence I am having with a customer agent by simply typing their name. And bravo, the agent joins the conversation.
LiveChat is perfect for measuring sales conversions especially in a small team like ours, where everyone takes on multiple hats and, as such, it is important to measure the amount of sales activity or influence of every member of the team who has contributed at the end of a specific period.
LiveChat is suitable for teams who like to measure the performance of their customer care department on a day to day basis. With the LiveChat daily chat summary, team leads are better equipped to actualize this.
- LiveChat automatically routes chats to the next available agent, depending on the chat limit for our agents. We currently program our Livechat program to route returning web visitors to customer care agents with whom they have communicated within time past, who probably have built a chemistry with them. For new web visitors, they are assigned to the next available customer support agent.
- It is the usual practice for customers to send an email, if they need to show a support agent a document, especially during KYC procedures. However, with our LiveChat, customers are able to send files to the support via the Livechat widget. This ensures we are able to resolve customers issues faster, and reduces the need for back and forth emails.
- LiveChat's engagement graphic have been useful in making more website visitors be aware of the presence of the LiveChat support interface. Also, it has encouraged web visitors to chat up a support agent if they have a complaint or question; they will like to see addressed. There are a variety of LiveChat engagement graphic to pick from like Eyecatchers, customized greeting graphic and custom chat buttons.
- LiveChat's smartphone app. is used by customer service agents to communicate when we are working from home and multi-tasking at the same time connecting with customers. However the nature of LiveChat's smartphone app. means we always still need to login to our laptop to respond to tickets created by customers because the current Livechat feature does not create a room for the customer care team to respond to Livechat tickets, except real-time chat with customers.
- LiveChat is very easy to setup. At my former place of work, I saw firsthand the ease at which Livechat could be installed unto a company's website or mobile app. I expect this to be probably the same situation with most other helpdesk solutions; be it or be it not, I see fast, easy setup as a plus.
- LiveChat provides standard reports for the sales and marketing team to be able to measure our performance over a specified period of time. Either in a day, week, or month. From the weekly chat summaries which give a breakdown of the helpdesk departments performance for that week to the daily chat summaries; which provides us with a snapshot of the average positive and negative rating we get.
- Overall, LiveChat's standard analytical reports are every marketer's dream come true, as it assists in having a mental picture of how impressive or badly we have served our customers and what we can do to serve them better, or improve on our shortcoming.
- LiveChat is the king of customization. Every marketing team patronizing Livechat can attest to the unlimited amount of tweaks that can be applied to make Livechat fit into the taste and expectation of a marketing team's need. We are able to determine the color of our chat widget, select our preferred chat pop-up icon, set timers for when customers can contact us on Livechat etc
- Our in-house Livechat administrator does not have full control over our chat history. We are not even able to delete any chat history, except we contact the Livechat team and they get to do it by themselves.
- There is no ability to use canned responses on the LiveChat smartphone app. and I cannot seem to understand why this is the case.
- LiveChat's shortcomings for me has to do with its mobile app. It only does the basic function of enabling us to chat with customers and then nothing. We are unable to respond to tickets via the mobile app, edit agent profiles or make any customization changes whatsoever.
- Inbound communication
- Easy transfers
- Easy UI
- Excellent supervisor tools.
- I feel like the system could be optimized to use fewer resources. It does seem to create a slowdown at times.
- It doesn't notify you if you've been disconnected.
is used by the Department of Citizen Services, and from there we give answers to the questions and concerns that users have. Through this chat we have done studies of usability to information collection systems and it has saved us a lot of time. We have also been able to be more in touch with the people who need us and we have been able to give the necessary advice. We have addressed several operational problems with this tool. It really works for us
- It helps you to be connected with many people, no matter where they are.
- You have a free trial for 30 days, which allows you to familiarize yourself with the software before using it.
- Many people do not like the price. They consider it high and that makes the program unattractive
- The application for the cell phone is not pleasant and there are problems when deleting some messages
It is a schedule that should not be used with friends chat or to meet someone. It must be a strict business program.
- Chat is instant, fast reply and has appropriate geo-location.
- LiveChat is easy to use and very convenient to have on our portal. This is due to faster assistance to our customers instead of them communicating via phone or Email that could take a little longer to get to. Our customers liked that they do not have to wait long for questions that arise. This program is great to have for customer service.
- Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.
- Our business (online web forms and databases) suggests that the guys from technical support have to communicate with dozens of clients every day. LiveChat helped us to set quality work in this direction. This program has a thoughtful functionality, and it allows me, as the owner of the company, to control employees. Our employees, in turn, have easily organized and configured communication with customers. Now the consultations are easy and painless.
- LiveChat does such a perfect job for me that in my over one year access to this software, there has been no complaint.
- Inability to respond to tickets opened by our customer via the LiveChat smartphone app is my only reservation thus far with this solution.
- I dislike how basic the LiveChat mobile app. is, only allowing chat conversations between agents and website visitors.
We have used Livechat in the past three year period to stay in touch with our clients and users whenever encounter rough waters during the course of using our services at Jobberman. It is an expedited process for a client to get a fast response from the company.
When clients make an attempt to reach us by phone; they may get frustrated by the queue. Emailing too could take a few days to receive a response, however, the live chat team is available every minute of the day; seven days a week.
- Livechat provides us with key statistics regarding the customer care team; this to me is like Coffee and Bread for businesses interested in measuring customer service performance. These stats. provided us by Livechat enable management to measure the current outlook of the customer service team.Example of stats. provided us by Livechat include: Chat staffing prediction, chat satisfaction metric, average chat duration, agent activity, goal report etc
- Every chat conversation between an agent and a client or user can be accessed at any time in future. Leveraging on LiveChat's filtering feature, we are able to search for conversations by searching for certain phrase queries, or searching by the agent who handled the chat. This makes it easy to review past conversation between the customer service team and our users.
- LiveChat informs us when the client/user reads our chat message; just like they also know when we have read their chat messages. It is called the DELIVERY STATUS feature and this helps improve the flow of conversations between the helpdesk team and web visitors, eliminating the need for unnecessary follow -up chat messages.
- We are unable to make use of the Canned response feature on the Livechat mobile app.
- Also, Livechat seems to load slowly on a certain browser like UC and Edge browser, forcing us to stick to just Chrome to access Livechat.
Livechat does a good job in the aspect of web visitor chat ratings. This Livechat feature enables web visitors to use the "Thumbs up" and "Thumbs down" icon to rate the quality of service they get from a helpdesk agent, immediately after a chat is completed. Chat rating enables helpdesk agents to know when they are doing a good job and also does give them an idea when their performance doesn't meet the expectation of a client. Overall, it helps the quality assurance team at Jobberman to effectively rate the performance of individual helpdesk agents.
- ENGAGEMENT GRAPHICS - This is very helpful to trigger web visitors to start a chat with our support agent. An example of a LiveChat engagement graphic is the eye-catcher. The eye-chat is an editable graphic at the low lefthand side of our website, which helps ensure that web visitors are made aware of the option to chat with a rep. on the website.
- NOTIFICATION - Livechat has got an effective visual and sound notification system. These notification system helps ensure that no chat or new message goes unnoticed. We are also able to select which of the notifications work best for us.
- I probably wondered why LiveChat had not yet introduced a Bot for their chat service, which would have helped businesses reduce some of the workload on agents. This they have now done around seven months ago with the launch of the LiveChat Botengine.
- LiveChat doesn't integrate with most CRM and for the ones, it does integrate with like Salesforce; took us days of back and forth email our technical team and theirs to fix.
With LiveChat, our customers are able to reach us at their convenience, and for free too. They get a faster and much more relaxed response with an agent on LiveChat, than they will probably get with a call center agent.
- DAILY STAFF PREDICTION: This is a feature on LiveChat's chat report which predicts the number of agents we will need on a specific day, by leveraging on the number of chats we have had on that day over the past few weeks. This feature helps predict the number of agents we will need for that day to handle chats, without any need for a web visitor to go one queue.
- FACEBOOK CHAT: This feature gives us place a chat feature on our Facebook fan page, thus enabling web visitors to our Facebook page to communicate with our support agents, without the need to visit our website.
- RESPONSE TIME ANALYTIC: This feature helps measure the speed of our help desk team's response to customer queries. Giving us an insight into the average speed of a representative's first response in a chat and the average speed of all responses in a conversation. This assists us to measure how fast our representatives have been with customers conversations.
- LiveChat needs to introduce a call feature which will enable web visitors to put a voice call across to the help desk team.
- The LiveChat mobile app is overly simplified and does not do much at the moment apart from serving as a means to respond to chat messages.
MULTI LANGUAGE SUPPORT: At my previous place of work, the LiveChat multi language support came in handy. It allowed customer care agents to greet web visitors in over 45 languages, thus we were able to greet website visitors in their native tongue.
- FILE SHARING - LiveChat's file sharing feature makes it easy for easy exchange of files between helpdesk agents and web visitors. Eliminating the need for links or email attachments. It also integrates with Dropbox, allowing us to better manage files we will most likely share with web visitors.
- CHAT TAGGING - LiveChat's tagging feature enables us to maximize data generated from the helpdesk teams exchanges with web visitors. Adding tags to chat, enable us to look up analytic for chats with a similar tag; thereby making it easier to measure our weak points and work towards improving them.
- CHAT HISTORY - Livechat provides the helpdesk team with a history of every conversation had with a web visitor in times past.Thus when a recurrent visitor chats with a helpdesk agent, the agent is able to view past conversation history between that visitor and the helpdesk team and be better prepared to handle their questions or problems; especially if it is a recurrent issue.
- I have recently come across new helpdesk software who have now integrated voice and video calls to their helpdesk software.Will be great to see Livechat execute something similar as an add-on feature to Livechat.
- CHAT SUMMARIES - This is my most loved LiveChat feature. The daily chat summary is a screenshot sent via email to the company at the end of a working day; giving the company a quick overview of the performance of its support team for the day. The overview usually touches on the total number of chats initiated by web-visitors, the total number of completed chats, the total number of unfinished chats, the total number of missed chats, and an average rating by web visitors after a chat conversation.
- USER INTERFACE - Personally, when looking at the LiveChat interface, I can't help but admit the team behind LiveChat have got a good knowledge of the basic concept of human-computer interaction. Which is probably responsible for them being able to create a user interface which is appealing to the eyes of the helpdesk agents and web visitors and also intuitive.
- SUPPORT MATERIALS - LiveChat has a series of support materials available on the LiveChat website as short videos and article which guides users on different ways to maximize the benefits of LiveChat. We also get a new email every week, keeping us abreast of newer ways to use LiveChat to great business effect.
- AUDIO CALLS - It is gradually becoming a norm for LiveChat software to have an audio or conferencing feature. LiveChat currently hasn't adopted this on its program. Introducing this feature on LiveChat opens LiveChat users to a new world of possibilities and a much more improved experience too.
- LIMITED MOBILE APP - The LiveChat app currently is far too limited, functionality wise. On the mobile app, customer care agents can only use it in chatting with web visitors. We are unable to respond to tickets via the app, neither are we able to customize agent profiles etc.
Maybe for companies, who need some of the newer helpdesk software features like audio calls, and video conferencing capabilities; LiveChat isn't for them at the moment.
- Cookies and history tracking. We are able to pick up right where we left off with returning users
- The app is awesome, haven't found one this good. It allows sales teams to be as available as they want to be.
- Engaging leads on the site proactively is really helpful.
- The round robin capabilities could be more robust, espeically in regards to geography.
- More customized look and feel.
- User timeline: Whenever we encounter returning customers to the support team LiveChat provides all of their previous chats readily in the chat window. With no need to switch back and forth between the chat and the Archives menu. This has saved us a lot of valuable seconds.
- File sharing support: Livechat allow us exchange files with our customers on chat, with no need for web links or email attachments.Attachments are done vi a vis simple drag and drop feature. For users who have their files on Dropbox, they can easily connect to it too via Livechat.
- Popup customization: I wish LiveChat would allow users to customize popup notifications.
- Mobile application: The current Livechat mobile app. only allows the support team to chat with customers on the website. We are currently unable to access or respond to the created ticket via the mobile app. but only via the desktop program.
- Statistics: Livechat gives us a rundown of our support team activity from the last seven day period. Allowing us to measure our performance and work out a comparative analysis between our current week performance and past performances.
- Track sales: Livechat gives us an analysis of sales made over a specific period of time and how much each sale is worth. Allowing us to measure how much value we get from using Livechat, and also to track our highest performing support agents.
- Ticket reporting: Livechat provides a robust ticket reporting feature. Which shows us how many new tickets we received from customers in a specific time period, number of satisfied customers, number of resolved and unresolved ticket, ticket response time etc allowing myself as team lead to get a quick overview of the performance of the support team.
- Pricing; Livechat is currently overpriced when compared with other alternatives at $149 per month.
- Integration; Livechat needs to expand its integration compatibility. At the moment we can only use our Livechat with salesforce. It currently doesn't support every other third party tool, we would like to use alongside Livechat.
- BotEngine: This tool provides answers to our customers when there is no support staff available to respond to customer questions. Even during the day when staff are available, BotEngine takes care of chats where very simple help is needed and for the ones it can't respond to, it simply transfers to a support staff.
- Chat history: Livechat saves all past conversations between our support staff and clients. Thus allowing us to keep a history of all clients who have ever sent us a query via LiveChat. This enables us to fall back on this conversations if we need to follow up on a customer's complaint history with us.
- Customization: LiveChat gives us unlimited customization power allowing our developers to tweak LiveChat's aesthetics and tertiary features to fit our taste and give us a unique appearance from other Livechat users.
- Pricing ; While this tool is fantastic ,it is overly priced.
- Analytics; Livechat does a good job giving needed details about users on the website.Details like their location, isp ,the number of times they have visited, browser type etc
- Ticket: Livechat allows customers create a ticket and we get the tickets in our mailbox in seconds and whenever we respond to these tickets they always go directly to the user's inbox.
- Great customer support: Livechats support team are always on-hand to guide users whenever they encounter issues, using the program.
- Enterprise pricing; Livechat enterprise is currently priced at $149 monthly.I believe there are close substitutes for way cheaper.
- INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - How often software producers ignore this? Livechat has got a clean user interface which makes it easier for new users to understand how this program works and also makes it easier for web visitors to navigate their own end the program.
- COMPATIBILITY ACROSS DEVICES - Livechat works perfectly on all devices from PC to tablets to smartphones. Ensuring web visitors get a similar, effective experience across any device they choose to use to contact our live support.
- HELP RESOURCE - From weekly articles to instructionals tips to the customer service; Livechat makes it easy for its users to learn more ways on how to be more effective using Livechat and this has really been helpful.
- MOBILE APP - I think the Livechat mobile app is overly basic. Apart from responding to chats via the app. agents are unable to do anything else.
Livechat provides users with a daily chat summary which details the total number of chats responded to at the end of the day, the total number of chats missed, the total number of good ratings and bad ratings (in percentile).
Livechat is perfect as a helpdesk tool for websites and mobile apps.
Also, the analytics power of LiveChat is just up there. We could read all previous conversations from customers and the fact the program detected the number of times a customer had been on our website was also great.Lastly, I love the customer support team, there was a time we had issues with our payment card and LiveChat extended our usage by three weeks.That was a wow moment.
- Simplicity; LiveChat is straightforward and simple to understand.
- Great support: Their customer care support team are always available and willing to help out even extending our payment due date by three weeks.
- Analytics: We got real quality data just sitting behind the console and watching website visitor movement.
- Price; That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. $149 for a LiveChat plus enterprise software is probably a bit on the high side and I will believe, businesses can get a close alternative for cheaper.
- Nothing is more important than live communication. Nowadays we can not do without a tool of this level
- A company must know how to read the client's needs, in some cases, we must respond to the monitoring of the product we sell and the client also wants to know the status of their situation.
- It allows proportional correct and defined information with the policy of the company. The definition of help articles in the knowledge base and the predefined answers provide truthful and official information.
- The fundamental thread of real communication is lost, since you can not really see the other person and sometimes people do not know what they think, that is, they do it without feelings, simply to cheer up the other person.
- The fundamental meaning of a conversation that can not see what the other person thinks or feels due to lack of facial expressions or voice is lost. This is a clear disadvantage.
- Sneak-peek: Perfect feature on this tool which allows us see what web visitors are typing even before they send their message. Thus giving us extra time to answer questions.
- Analytics: Livechat provides us with insightful data into the behavior of our website visitors. Giving us insights into what device they use, sources of traffic to our website, ISP information, the number of times each user has been to our website and history of past conversations between our help desk team and every customer.
- Ticket report: Livechat has a powerfully packed ticket reporting feature which shows us the number of new tickets received from customers, the number of satisfied customers and unsatisfied customers, ticket response time, ticket resolution time, ticket sources etc
- Mobile app.: Livechat needs to improve the quality of its Android mobile app. There have been times when the app. signs-out by itself and more importantly, it is way too basic, only allowing us to chat with web visitors and nothing else.
LiveChat Scorecard Summary
LiveChat serves as a customer service platform with live chat support, help desk and web analytics functionalities, allowing users to provide 24/7 support to customers.
The core feature of the software is its chat tool, where both service and sales team can answer customers' questions in real time. Online businesses can interact with customers on their website, to be more accessible. With LiveChat, users can identify people on the website and engage them using proactive chats. Users can also provide 24/7 support with the use of the built-in ticketing system.
LiveChat also comes with mobile applications for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices, allowing users to provide support to customers and answer their questions on the go.
Users can try LiveChat for free, for 30 days.
LiveChat Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
LiveChat Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
LiveChat Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|