Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of LiveChat, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
LiveChat serves as a customer service platform with live chat support, help desk and web analytics functionalities, with the goal of allowing users to provide 24/7 support to customers.
The core feature of the software is its chat tool, where both service and sales team can answer customers' questions in real time. Online businesses can interact with customers on their website, to be more accessible. With LiveChat, users can identify people on the website and engage them using proactive chats. Users can also provide 24/7 support with the use of the built-in ticketing system.
LiveChat also comes with mobile applications for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices, allowing users to provide support to customers and answer their questions on the go.
Users can try LiveChat for free, for 14 days.
- Supported: Live Chat
- Supported: Help Desk
- Supported: Customization Options
- Supported: Traffic & activity monitoring
- Supported: Reports & stats
- Supported: Archives
- Supported: Engagenment
- Supported: Feedback
- Supported: Integrations
- Supported: Multiple languages support
- Supported: Mobile apps
- Supported: After hours form
- Supported: Branding
- Supported: Social media
- Supported: Native apps
- Supported: File sharing
- Supported: Notifications
- Supported: Transfers
- Supported: Tags
- Supported: Security
- Supported: API & webhooks
- Learn about the current customer service trends in your industry in the 3rd edition of the Customer Service Report. 5 customer service and industry experts, including Shep Hyken and Robert C. Gregory from GoDaddy, shared their opinion on the state of customer service in 2015.
- A detailed look into chat greetings and factors affecting them. This report will show which greetings start the most chats, why they do so and how to set them up on your website.
- Different types of greetings can be used to engage visitors. Check out their effectiveness on different pages.
- BigCommerce Enterprise Unpublished
- Campaign Monitor
- Dropbox Business
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Tag Manager
- Nutshell CRM
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Twilio Segment
- Zendesk Support Suite
- Elevio by Dixa
- Sugar Sell (SugarCRM)
- Adobe Business Catalyst (Discontinued)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Google Ads
- Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento)
- OSI Affiliate
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||20%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- It's simple to set up, configure, and use LiveChat. It has made a significant difference in how we connect with prospects who are in the stages of the business process.
- We enjoy how simple it is, how it allows us to manage support queries in many languages, how it handles tickets, and how it handles reports.
- We also enjoy how inexpensive it is in comparison to other options we've tried in the past. A straightforward chat platform that can be simply implemented into one or more websites.
- Since I've been using this software, it's been fantastic. I'd say this is an easy-to-follow approach that helps you create solid client connections.
- Ability to save and categorize transcripts.
- Pop ups when new chats come in.
- Ability to accept or decline a chat depending on capacity.
- Ability to pass a chat to another available agent.
- Glitchy notification system at times..
- If another window is accidentally opened, the live chat is terminated.
- Would be good to integrate a notification system on the client or customer's end if they forget about the chat.
- It allows to mange full customer support process to see how many customer care specialists online.
- If there are no customer care specialists in the system (this can occur primarily in the night shifts) LiveChat allows customer to get a ticket and ask a question. When the [actual] customer care specialists are back they can answer the question and send it to the email that was provided on ticket.
- It allows to supervise the conversation between your specialists and the customer. For example, if there is a problematic situation or there is a new employee in the customer care department and you want to rate their writing skills you can enter and see their past chats and how they managed to answer questions that were given them by the customers.
- It allows to transfer chats between agents. This can help you if the customer chose the wrong group for asking a question.
- It gives an opportunity to write direct messages to your clients when they are online.
- It allows customer care specialists to tag chats. This can help you to understand from which section customers have most questions and include them in the F.A.Q of your website.
- It has a limited amount of agents, so when you have many customer care employees during one shift it is hard to manage the quantity of active agents.
- When system is overloaded and many customers are waiting in a queue it starts to works slowly (sometimes the program even lags) and you need to refresh the system to write a message.
- Occasionally when you open a new tab, you might lose your current conversation.
- Really simple, easy to use interface.
- Excellent analytics and reporting setup.
- Makes it very simple to transfer an existing chat session to a more appropriate individual or team.
- Price point is a little on the high side, making it difficult for some small businesses to justify.
- When monitoring chats from a manager standpoint, there seems to be an inherent delay; it does not appear to be instantaneous.
- Very minor, but the chat widget sound options can be annoying, and wish there were more available options in order to allow employees to differentiate their own sessions if their desks are near one another.
- Real time chats.
- Fast implementation.
- Cannot change appearance of chats.
- Price can be a bit high.
- Unable to set auto replies.
- LiveChat has an easy to navigate UI. Most of the tabs you need are on the left and self explanatory.
- If the team itself has any issues with the software, there is a small help tab on the bottom right for immediate tech support. Not sure if it is 24/7 but quick response.
- There is also a "Reports" tab that makes it easy for the management department to keep track of tickets answered and task to assign.
- We had to hire someone to add it to our website because it requires code to be added.
- They have a marketplace inside the app to purchase add-ons. Would be nice if they were included in the LiveChat package instead of having a subscription here and there.
- Other than that, everything else is very convenient for our team.
- LiveChat can be easily customized for every business.
- LiveChat allows a quick answer to FAQ's and online issues.
- LiveChat has a mobile app [that] is really helpful when you're away from the office.
- Reporting can be improved.
- Customer[s] should be able to upload images.
- Easy to train staff on.
- A real-time method of communication.
- User friendly for client usage.
- Better user experience on mobile devices.
- Better integration within Salesforce. Can take some time to update.
- Providing real-time data.
- Able to provide canned responses to ease off extended typing.
- Sometimes LiveChat will fizzle out and your chat will be sent to another representative.
- The program will freeze often.
- I would like to see even more customization.
- Provided quick access to respond to queries and complaints.
- Convenient to use for all ages.
- Big and small enterprises use this product to cater to their client's needs.
- It is a little expensive compared to others.
- Modify automatic greeting to make it more appealing.
- More chat agents.
- Prompts users to chat
- Chats with users
- Creates tickets in cases where we don't have an operator available.
- It could integrate better with Google Analytics or other products we use better.
- It could provide more information about users besides page visiting, location, and browser.
- It could be faster to load.
LiveChat is accompanied by tons of features which ease the workload on our Customer Care agents by letting them work faster and efficiently. Pricing is fair and as of recent, the LiveChat team introduced my organization to Chatbot, which has improved the performance of the Customer Care department by reducing the number of chats they have to respond to.
- LiveChat comes with a mobile compatible chat widget, which fits easily into most modern smartphone screens. Therefore, website visitors get a quality chatting experience with our agents, no matter the size of their device screen.
- The chat tags make it easy for me to locate specific conversations from thousands of conversations the Customer Service team have had with website visitors.
- LiveChat provides a daily chat summary, which gives a quick view of the daily performance statistic of the Customer Service department.
- Absolutely satisfied with LiveChat. There are no complaints I can think of at the moment.
Organizations in search of a cheap yet efficient medium for real-time communication with customers will find LiveChat a good fit too.
- Simplicity: LiveChat is simple and intuitive to use. Before LiveChat, we would arrange weeks of training sessions to train new employees on how to efficiently use our helpdesk solution. However since we adapted LiveChat as our helpdesk program, we spend between a few hour to a few days of instructional guidance and new employees are good to begin using LiveChat.
- In the above context, LiveChat has saved my organization financial resources.
- LiveChat integrates well with our primary social media page - Facebook. With the Facebook/LiveChat integration, visitors to our Facebook brand page have been able to chat up a customer support agent on my team, without their leaving the Facebook interface.
- LiveChat thrives well in the area of support it provides teams and sales departments. Apart from the regular 24/7 support which we make use of ,whenever we run into obstacles using LiveChat , we also get support materials from LiveChat team members like Jacob Arent, Mary Jaksch etc. These Support materials usually involve tips and real life experience story’s detailing how teams can increase sales conversions by leveraging on the enormous possibilities LiveChat presents teams.
- LiveChat has been fantastic with its integration. At the moment, we integrate LiveChat with MailChimp and Salesforce. Thus resulting to increased website visitor to customer conversion.
- LiveChat needs to expand the functionality of the LiveChat smartphone app. At the moment, apart from basic live conversation with website visitors, the LiveChat mobile app. Is unusable for tasks like responding to customer tickets ,editing user profiles on the LiveChat dashboard etc.
- Inbound communication
- Easy transfers
- Easy UI
- Excellent supervisor tools.
- I feel like the system could be optimized to use fewer resources. It does seem to create a slowdown at times.
- It doesn't notify you if you've been disconnected.
- It helps you to be connected with many people, no matter where they are.
- You have a free trial for 30 days, which allows you to familiarize yourself with the software before using it.
- Many people do not like the price. They consider it high and that makes the program unattractive
- The application for the cell phone is not pleasant and there are problems when deleting some messages
It is a schedule that should not be used with friends chat or to meet someone. It must be a strict business program.
- Chat is instant, fast reply and has appropriate geo-location.
- LiveChat is easy to use and very convenient to have on our portal. This is due to faster assistance to our customers instead of them communicating via phone or Email that could take a little longer to get to. Our customers liked that they do not have to wait long for questions that arise. This program is great to have for customer service.
- Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.
- Our business (online web forms and databases) suggests that the guys from technical support have to communicate with dozens of clients every day. LiveChat helped us to set quality work in this direction. This program has a thoughtful functionality, and it allows me, as the owner of the company, to control employees. Our employees, in turn, have easily organized and configured communication with customers. Now the consultations are easy and painless.
- LiveChat does such a perfect job for me that in my over one year access to this software, there has been no complaint.
- Inability to respond to tickets opened by our customer via the LiveChat smartphone app is my only reservation thus far with this solution.
- I dislike how basic the LiveChat mobile app. is, only allowing chat conversations between agents and website visitors.
- I love the LiveChat Chatbot - Botengine. Botengine has taken a lot of chat sessions off the desk of the customer care team. We have long realized that at least half of our users who talk to us online basically just ask very simple questions; whose answers sometimes are even on the website.
- This is where Botengine comes in. Botengine simply points them to where the answer lies and that saves the customer care team from one extra chat duty.
- I also love the CANNED RESPONSE feature LiveChat provides users. A lot of users who contact us simply ask the same questions: questions we have responded to over and over again.
- Rather than having to type a response to these questions when they are asked again, we simply save a CANNED RESPONSE addressing them and the next time anyone asks any of such questions; we recall the response with a few keyboard strokes.
- Probably my favorite feature on LiveChat is the analytics. Apart from the basic information we get about every website visitor, I also receive daily emails from LiveChat providing me insights into the performance of my team over the course of the day.
- Via this report, I know the number of total chats we responded to, the percentile of visitors who loved the chat agent performance and the percentile of visitors who weren't impressed.
- We are also able to know the number of chats we missed for the day. The email also contains a percentile for the total performance for the day and this makes it easy to follow the performance as I simply look at the percentile rating and compare with what we have had in the past few days.
- I have got reservations about the VISITOR BANNING feature. This feature, while it has been handy for banning spammers, we have discovered that it only bans a visitors' IP address, thus such web visitor can simply access the website via another internet network IP without any obstacle. Maybe we can have a situation where a users' MAC address can be banned alongside the IP?
- User support - We patronize a few software startups in my current team, and over the years at different organizations where I worked, I also had the opportunity to use various software and I still cannot think of any of these software companies who have got a better user support team than LiveChat. The Livechat support team is online 24/7 and have successfully addressed our obstacles on every occasion, where we have had a reason or two to reach out to them.
- Apart from the above support sphere, which is what is expected from a support team anyways; the LiveChat support team also periodically sends us newsletters highlighting newer ways via which we can maximize the effect of LiveChat on our business operations.
- Insights - Every entrepreneur loves insights and I am not an exception; especially when these insights is not really what you have paid for, therefore technically free. For example, I receive an email from LiveChat at the end of my day at work detailing the performance of our customer support efforts for the day, these emails easily gives me a picture in a matter of seconds on how much our performance has either improved or decreased from the previous day.
- LiveChat further provides me tickets reports which I have got access to anytime I desire. The LiveChat ticket reportage provides me with a concise analysis on the number of tickets our clients opened over a given period, the amount of time it took the support team to respond to such tickets, how quickly or slowly the ticket was solved, ticket resolution time and so much more.
- Maybe LiveChat needs to learn a bit of workflow from Intercom even though I admit Intercom isn't really a full LiveChat program but rather a bit of everything. I like how on the Intercom helpdesk solution, users are able to customize specific messages to web visitors depending on the website page they are or their activity on the website. This will be a great improvement on Livechat.
- Also on Intercom, the workflow is smoother; I, as an agent, can easily introduce a fellow agent into a correspondence I am having with a customer agent by simply typing their name. And bravo, the agent joins the conversation.
LiveChat is perfect for measuring sales conversions especially in a small team like ours, where everyone takes on multiple hats and, as such, it is important to measure the amount of sales activity or influence of every member of the team who has contributed at the end of a specific period.
LiveChat is suitable for teams who like to measure the performance of their customer care department on a day to day basis. With the LiveChat daily chat summary, team leads are better equipped to actualize this.
- LiveChat automatically routes chats to the next available agent, depending on the chat limit for our agents. We currently program our Livechat program to route returning web visitors to customer care agents with whom they have communicated within time past, who probably have built a chemistry with them. For new web visitors, they are assigned to the next available customer support agent.
- It is the usual practice for customers to send an email, if they need to show a support agent a document, especially during KYC procedures. However, with our LiveChat, customers are able to send files to the support via the Livechat widget. This ensures we are able to resolve customers issues faster, and reduces the need for back and forth emails.
- LiveChat's engagement graphic have been useful in making more website visitors be aware of the presence of the LiveChat support interface. Also, it has encouraged web visitors to chat up a support agent if they have a complaint or question; they will like to see addressed. There are a variety of LiveChat engagement graphic to pick from like Eyecatchers, customized greeting graphic and custom chat buttons.
- LiveChat's smartphone app. is used by customer service agents to communicate when we are working from home and multi-tasking at the same time connecting with customers. However the nature of LiveChat's smartphone app. means we always still need to login to our laptop to respond to tickets created by customers because the current Livechat feature does not create a room for the customer care team to respond to Livechat tickets, except real-time chat with customers.
- LiveChat is very easy to setup. At my former place of work, I saw firsthand the ease at which Livechat could be installed unto a company's website or mobile app. I expect this to be probably the same situation with most other helpdesk solutions; be it or be it not, I see fast, easy setup as a plus.
- LiveChat provides standard reports for the sales and marketing team to be able to measure our performance over a specified period of time. Either in a day, week, or month. From the weekly chat summaries which give a breakdown of the helpdesk departments performance for that week to the daily chat summaries; which provides us with a snapshot of the average positive and negative rating we get.
- Overall, LiveChat's standard analytical reports are every marketer's dream come true, as it assists in having a mental picture of how impressive or badly we have served our customers and what we can do to serve them better, or improve on our shortcoming.
- LiveChat is the king of customization. Every marketing team patronizing Livechat can attest to the unlimited amount of tweaks that can be applied to make Livechat fit into the taste and expectation of a marketing team's need. We are able to determine the color of our chat widget, select our preferred chat pop-up icon, set timers for when customers can contact us on Livechat etc
- Our in-house Livechat administrator does not have full control over our chat history. We are not even able to delete any chat history, except we contact the Livechat team and they get to do it by themselves.
- There is no ability to use canned responses on the LiveChat smartphone app. and I cannot seem to understand why this is the case.
- LiveChat's shortcomings for me has to do with its mobile app. It only does the basic function of enabling us to chat with customers and then nothing. We are unable to respond to tickets via the mobile app, edit agent profiles or make any customization changes whatsoever.
- Nothing is more important than live communication. Nowadays we can not do without a tool of this level
- A company must know how to read the client's needs, in some cases, we must respond to the monitoring of the product we sell and the client also wants to know the status of their situation.
- It allows proportional correct and defined information with the policy of the company. The definition of help articles in the knowledge base and the predefined answers provide truthful and official information.
- The fundamental thread of real communication is lost, since you can not really see the other person and sometimes people do not know what they think, that is, they do it without feelings, simply to cheer up the other person.
- The fundamental meaning of a conversation that can not see what the other person thinks or feels due to lack of facial expressions or voice is lost. This is a clear disadvantage.
- Cookies and history tracking. We are able to pick up right where we left off with returning users
- The app is awesome, haven't found one this good. It allows sales teams to be as available as they want to be.
- Engaging leads on the site proactively is really helpful.
- The round robin capabilities could be more robust, espeically in regards to geography.
- More customized look and feel.
We have used Livechat in the past three year period to stay in touch with our clients and users whenever encounter rough waters during the course of using our services at Jobberman. It is an expedited process for a client to get a fast response from the company.
When clients make an attempt to reach us by phone; they may get frustrated by the queue. Emailing too could take a few days to receive a response, however, the live chat team is available every minute of the day; seven days a week.
- Livechat provides us with key statistics regarding the customer care team; this to me is like Coffee and Bread for businesses interested in measuring customer service performance. These stats. provided us by Livechat enable management to measure the current outlook of the customer service team.Example of stats. provided us by Livechat include: Chat staffing prediction, chat satisfaction metric, average chat duration, agent activity, goal report etc
- Every chat conversation between an agent and a client or user can be accessed at any time in future. Leveraging on LiveChat's filtering feature, we are able to search for conversations by searching for certain phrase queries, or searching by the agent who handled the chat. This makes it easy to review past conversation between the customer service team and our users.
- LiveChat informs us when the client/user reads our chat message; just like they also know when we have read their chat messages. It is called the DELIVERY STATUS feature and this helps improve the flow of conversations between the helpdesk team and web visitors, eliminating the need for unnecessary follow -up chat messages.
- We are unable to make use of the Canned response feature on the Livechat mobile app.
- Also, Livechat seems to load slowly on a certain browser like UC and Edge browser, forcing us to stick to just Chrome to access Livechat.
Livechat does a good job in the aspect of web visitor chat ratings. This Livechat feature enables web visitors to use the "Thumbs up" and "Thumbs down" icon to rate the quality of service they get from a helpdesk agent, immediately after a chat is completed. Chat rating enables helpdesk agents to know when they are doing a good job and also does give them an idea when their performance doesn't meet the expectation of a client. Overall, it helps the quality assurance team at Jobberman to effectively rate the performance of individual helpdesk agents.
- ENGAGEMENT GRAPHICS - This is very helpful to trigger web visitors to start a chat with our support agent. An example of a LiveChat engagement graphic is the eye-catcher. The eye-chat is an editable graphic at the low lefthand side of our website, which helps ensure that web visitors are made aware of the option to chat with a rep. on the website.
- NOTIFICATION - Livechat has got an effective visual and sound notification system. These notification system helps ensure that no chat or new message goes unnoticed. We are also able to select which of the notifications work best for us.
- I probably wondered why LiveChat had not yet introduced a Bot for their chat service, which would have helped businesses reduce some of the workload on agents. This they have now done around seven months ago with the launch of the LiveChat Botengine.
- LiveChat doesn't integrate with most CRM and for the ones, it does integrate with like Salesforce; took us days of back and forth email our technical team and theirs to fix.