LiveChat Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Michelle Penix profile photo
We have two departments within Happy Money that use LiveChat's services. Our Member Advocate (Customer Service Representatives) and Goal Realignment (Financial Collections) team use LiveChat in order to assist Members and applicants with questions on how to receive a loan. With this program, we are able to chat in real-time with customers, view their location and data services and see which webpage they are on when chatting in.
  • Efficiency.
  • Providing real-time data.
  • Able to provide canned responses to ease off extended typing.
  • Sometimes LiveChat will fizzle out and your chat will be sent to another representative.
  • The program will freeze often.
  • I would like to see even more customization.
I definitely believe that all customer service companies should use LiveChat as a program, as it is very easy to use, provides tracking data and archives all chats for review. When an applicant is coming into a chat after receiving an error, we are able to view where within the application they received the error. This provides better insight on how to assist the customer and provide accurate details to the engineering team, especially if the issue is front or back end.
Read Michelle Penix's full review
November 04, 2019

LiveChat Accessibility

Big companies like PayPal and Adobe trust the service of LiveChat which is very convenient for those who don't have time to talk on the phone since they are always busy with their computers on a daily basis plus it is fast. Fast chat support means more satisfaction for the clients and even more sales. Complaints and other concern can be addressed right away with ease thus increasing trust between the business owners and their clients.
  • Provided quick access to respond to queries and complaints.
  • Convenient to use for all ages.
  • Big and small enterprises use this product to cater to their client's needs.
  • It is a little expensive compared to others.
  • Modify automatic greeting to make it more appealing.
  • More chat agents.
Good for every business but not for the new ones since it is a little bit expensive. This is quite accessible and very easy to use for customers who want to reach the store or enterprise for whatever concern they may have. I hope it will become more affordable for small types of businesses too.
Abimbola Kolor profile photo
LiveChat is used as the support medium available to visitors to our website. It is used primarily by the sales department, however, we have occasionally when it is used by the engineering department,account department etc in cases where an inquiry made by a website visitor is specific to a department within the organization.
  • Simplicity: LiveChat is simple and intuitive to use. Before LiveChat, we would arrange weeks of training sessions to train new employees on how to efficiently use our helpdesk solution. However since we adapted LiveChat as our helpdesk program, we spend between a few hour to a few days of instructional guidance and new employees are good to begin using LiveChat.
  • In the above context, LiveChat has saved my organization financial resources.
  • LiveChat integrates well with our primary social media page - Facebook. With the Facebook/LiveChat integration, visitors to our Facebook brand page have been able to chat up a customer support agent on my team, without their leaving the Facebook interface.
  • LiveChat thrives well in the area of support it provides teams and sales departments. Apart from the regular 24/7 support which we make use of ,whenever we run into obstacles using LiveChat , we also get support materials from LiveChat team members like Jacob Arent, Mary Jaksch etc. These Support materials usually involve tips and real life experience story’s detailing how teams can increase sales conversions by leveraging on the enormous possibilities LiveChat presents teams.
  • LiveChat has been fantastic with its integration. At the moment, we integrate LiveChat with MailChimp and Salesforce. Thus resulting to increased website visitor to customer conversion.
  • LiveChat needs to expand the functionality of the LiveChat smartphone app. At the moment, apart from basic live conversation with website visitors, the LiveChat mobile app. Is unusable for tasks like responding to customer tickets ,editing user profiles on the LiveChat dashboard etc.
LiveChat is the one software I will recommend for website based customer support service.
I will also recommend this program for teams looking to cut their financial budget expended towards training new team members to use software.With a tool like LiveChat, there is very minimal training required before a team member is able to adequately take charge of the software. When compared to alternative support mediums like a support email or call center support, I will suggest a LiveChat backed app/website support for teams (small, medium, and large).This alternative is cheaper and makes it very easy for support agents to multi-task by addressing multiple web visitors at the same time.
Read Abimbola Kolor's full review
Jason Shindler profile photo
It is used across the whole organization's web site. We use it to try and answer user's questions or concerns as they are signing up for our free seminars. Users are prompted to a "chat" or "leave a message" depending on our operator's availability. It helps avoid unnecessary phone calls and helps make it more likely that people will sign up for our seminars.
  • Prompts users to chat
  • Chats with users
  • Creates tickets in cases where we don't have an operator available.
  • It could integrate better with Google Analytics or other products we use better.
  • It could provide more information about users besides page visiting, location, and browser.
  • It could be faster to load.
It is great to use when the web site user is making a buying decision or signing up for a free product. It can help the user get answers to questions that they were wondering about that may stop them from making a purchase. It can help make the web site appear more responsive to the user's needs.
Read Jason Shindler's full review
Adaeze Ojeifo profile photo
LiveChat gives our customers instant access to the Customer Service and Sales departments. It is very much reliable and also easy to learn for new users.

LiveChat is accompanied by tons of features which ease the workload on our Customer Care agents by letting them work faster and efficiently. Pricing is fair and as of recent, the LiveChat team introduced my organization to Chatbot, which has improved the performance of the Customer Care department by reducing the number of chats they have to respond to.
  • LiveChat comes with a mobile compatible chat widget, which fits easily into most modern smartphone screens. Therefore, website visitors get a quality chatting experience with our agents, no matter the size of their device screen.
  • The chat tags make it easy for me to locate specific conversations from thousands of conversations the Customer Service team have had with website visitors.
  • LiveChat provides a daily chat summary, which gives a quick view of the daily performance statistic of the Customer Service department.
  • Absolutely satisfied with LiveChat. There are no complaints I can think of at the moment.
I think LiveChat is perfectly suited for teams and Customer Service departments seeking to have a helpdesk program that can be learned quickly by their support staffs.

Organizations in search of a cheap yet efficient medium for real-time communication with customers will find LiveChat a good fit too.
Read Adaeze Ojeifo's full review
Anita Okere profile photo
LiveChat is used both by the Sales departments and the Customer Service department at Iroko Partners .We use LiveChat to address the business problem of communication with customers. As a business, it is important that we are always available to be reached by our customers and it also vital that we are able to make this happen without incurring too much in financial cost; LiveChat has made it possible to achieve this.
  • LiveChat proved to be the tool with the fastest learning curve for the majority of our staff and this is due primarily to the minimalistic approach to design LiveChat possesses, both in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
  • LiveChat is feature-rich and boasts of a series of industry-first features for a helpdesk solution. These features like canned responses, sneak-peek for chat messages etc have led to sales and customer support agents in my organization working faster and more efficiently than they would without them.
  • LiveChat sets an example for software vendors to follow in the area of user support. They are perhaps the easiest to reach software vendor I know of and of course the promptness of their response to my organization whenever we have reached out to them has been commendable and obviously, we tried learning from them.
  • I am completely satisfied with LiveChat. I don't have suggestions for improvement at this time.
LiveChat is the appropriate tool for real-time web/mobile based communication with customers. It has also helped us organically grow our email marketing list through its integration with Mailchimp email marketing solution.

For organizations looking to cut financial resources expended on traditional customer service mediums like call centers, I suggest LiveChat.
Read Anita Okere's full review
Florence Bawah profile photo
My organization uses LiveChat as a medium to support users of our product and services anytime they encounter difficulties using one of our product or another. Our users can either chat directly with a customer care representative or open a ticket if there is no customer representative available to respond to them; which is the case during weekends and national holidays.
  • I love the LiveChat Chatbot - Botengine. Botengine has taken a lot of chat sessions off the desk of the customer care team. We have long realized that at least half of our users who talk to us online basically just ask very simple questions; whose answers sometimes are even on the website.
  • This is where Botengine comes in. Botengine simply points them to where the answer lies and that saves the customer care team from one extra chat duty.
  • I also love the CANNED RESPONSE feature LiveChat provides users. A lot of users who contact us simply ask the same questions: questions we have responded to over and over again.
  • Rather than having to type a response to these questions when they are asked again, we simply save a CANNED RESPONSE addressing them and the next time anyone asks any of such questions; we recall the response with a few keyboard strokes.
  • Probably my favorite feature on LiveChat is the analytics. Apart from the basic information we get about every website visitor, I also receive daily emails from LiveChat providing me insights into the performance of my team over the course of the day.
  • Via this report, I know the number of total chats we responded to, the percentile of visitors who loved the chat agent performance and the percentile of visitors who weren't impressed.
  • We are also able to know the number of chats we missed for the day. The email also contains a percentile for the total performance for the day and this makes it easy to follow the performance as I simply look at the percentile rating and compare with what we have had in the past few days.
  • I have got reservations about the VISITOR BANNING feature. This feature, while it has been handy for banning spammers, we have discovered that it only bans a visitors' IP address, thus such web visitor can simply access the website via another internet network IP without any obstacle. Maybe we can have a situation where a users' MAC address can be banned alongside the IP?
LiveChat is the most suitable Helpdesk solution for teams. Be it small startup teams, medium-sized organizations, and large organizations; the ability for LiveChat to scale is unbelievable. We have had situations where we moved from the regular tens of chats a day to hundreds of chats in a day, without having any problem. The customer support team at LiveChat have also been doing a fantastic work, which has only made it pleasant doing business with LiveChat.
Read Florence Bawah's full review
CYNTHIA AVEH profile photo
LiveChat acts as an internet-based window through which prospective clients, customers and business partners can get across to any of the teams in my organization, be it the customer care team (support), product team or marketing team either via their smartphones, tablet or personal/desktop computer. While selecting a help-desk solution for my team, we were seeking for a tool which would offer us speed and visibility and that is just what we have gotten. So far, so good.
  • LiveChat opened a door to non-stop possibilities VIA the amount of customization freedom it has afforded my team. We are allowed to customize the interface of our LiveChat window. We have also leveraged the JavaScript portion of the LiveChat API to stipulate how we want our chat window to behave and work. We also regularly customize agent profiles and engagement graphics.
  • User support - We patronize a few software startups in my current team, and over the years at different organizations where I worked, I also had the opportunity to use various software and I still cannot think of any of these software companies who have got a better user support team than LiveChat. The Livechat support team is online 24/7 and have successfully addressed our obstacles on every occasion, where we have had a reason or two to reach out to them.
  • Apart from the above support sphere, which is what is expected from a support team anyways; the LiveChat support team also periodically sends us newsletters highlighting newer ways via which we can maximize the effect of LiveChat on our business operations.
  • Insights - Every entrepreneur loves insights and I am not an exception; especially when these insights is not really what you have paid for, therefore technically free. For example, I receive an email from LiveChat at the end of my day at work detailing the performance of our customer support efforts for the day, these emails easily gives me a picture in a matter of seconds on how much our performance has either improved or decreased from the previous day.
  • LiveChat further provides me tickets reports which I have got access to anytime I desire. The LiveChat ticket reportage provides me with a concise analysis on the number of tickets our clients opened over a given period, the amount of time it took the support team to respond to such tickets, how quickly or slowly the ticket was solved, ticket resolution time and so much more.
  • Maybe LiveChat needs to learn a bit of workflow from Intercom even though I admit Intercom isn't really a full LiveChat program but rather a bit of everything. I like how on the Intercom helpdesk solution, users are able to customize specific messages to web visitors depending on the website page they are or their activity on the website. This will be a great improvement on Livechat.
  • Also on Intercom, the workflow is smoother; I, as an agent, can easily introduce a fellow agent into a correspondence I am having with a customer agent by simply typing their name. And bravo, the agent joins the conversation.
LiveChat ticks all of the expectations a customer care department or team can anticipate from a helpdesk tool. It is cheap and affordable for small teams. It is fast, mobile compatible and provides teams with extra icing on the Cake from what they have paid for.

LiveChat is perfect for measuring sales conversions especially in a small team like ours, where everyone takes on multiple hats and, as such, it is important to measure the amount of sales activity or influence of every member of the team who has contributed at the end of a specific period.
LiveChat is suitable for teams who like to measure the performance of their customer care department on a day to day basis. With the LiveChat daily chat summary, team leads are better equipped to actualize this.

Read CYNTHIA AVEH's full review
Anthonia Aveh profile photo
LiveChat is used by both the customer service and sales department. We use Livechat to provide quick response to our clients and customers in real time. LiveChat serves as the fastest and easiest means through which customers and clients can reach out to the Fidelity Bank customer support team.
  • LiveChat automatically routes chats to the next available agent, depending on the chat limit for our agents. We currently program our Livechat program to route returning web visitors to customer care agents with whom they have communicated within time past, who probably have built a chemistry with them. For new web visitors, they are assigned to the next available customer support agent.
  • It is the usual practice for customers to send an email, if they need to show a support agent a document, especially during KYC procedures. However, with our LiveChat, customers are able to send files to the support via the Livechat widget. This ensures we are able to resolve customers issues faster, and reduces the need for back and forth emails.
  • LiveChat's engagement graphic have been useful in making more website visitors be aware of the presence of the LiveChat support interface. Also, it has encouraged web visitors to chat up a support agent if they have a complaint or question; they will like to see addressed. There are a variety of LiveChat engagement graphic to pick from like Eyecatchers, customized greeting graphic and custom chat buttons.
  • LiveChat's smartphone app. is used by customer service agents to communicate when we are working from home and multi-tasking at the same time connecting with customers. However the nature of LiveChat's smartphone app. means we always still need to login to our laptop to respond to tickets created by customers because the current Livechat feature does not create a room for the customer care team to respond to Livechat tickets, except real-time chat with customers.
LiveChat is appropriate for a customer care team which wants to communicate with its customers and users via a web interface chat system. In terms of scalability, when compared with other support mediums, it is the most efficient and the cheapest support medium amongst the many support means via which customers can reach out to my firms support team.
Read Anthonia Aveh's full review
Naomi Tenabe profile photo
LiveChat provides our customers with yet another medium to reach out to the sales and marketing team for ideas, feedback, complaints about the products and services we at FCMB offer them as customers or potential customers. While it was probably meant to serve web visitors who stumbled on our website to ask questions, it is now the fastest means for an FCMB customer to get a fast response to whatsoever question or complaint they have about our services.
  • LiveChat is very easy to setup. At my former place of work, I saw firsthand the ease at which Livechat could be installed unto a company's website or mobile app. I expect this to be probably the same situation with most other helpdesk solutions; be it or be it not, I see fast, easy setup as a plus.
  • LiveChat provides standard reports for the sales and marketing team to be able to measure our performance over a specified period of time. Either in a day, week, or month. From the weekly chat summaries which give a breakdown of the helpdesk departments performance for that week to the daily chat summaries; which provides us with a snapshot of the average positive and negative rating we get.
  • Overall, LiveChat's standard analytical reports are every marketer's dream come true, as it assists in having a mental picture of how impressive or badly we have served our customers and what we can do to serve them better, or improve on our shortcoming.
  • LiveChat is the king of customization. Every marketing team patronizing Livechat can attest to the unlimited amount of tweaks that can be applied to make Livechat fit into the taste and expectation of a marketing team's need. We are able to determine the color of our chat widget, select our preferred chat pop-up icon, set timers for when customers can contact us on Livechat etc
  • Our in-house Livechat administrator does not have full control over our chat history. We are not even able to delete any chat history, except we contact the Livechat team and they get to do it by themselves.
  • There is no ability to use canned responses on the LiveChat smartphone app. and I cannot seem to understand why this is the case.
  • LiveChat's shortcomings for me has to do with its mobile app. It only does the basic function of enabling us to chat with customers and then nothing. We are unable to respond to tickets via the mobile app, edit agent profiles or make any customization changes whatsoever.
LiveChat is perfect as a website or smartphone app chat agent via which users can reach out to product administrators if they encounter obstacles or setbacks while using a product. It is also a perfect program for marketing teams who need extra insights into characteristics of their web traffic. Which can come in handy towards improving their marketing efforts.
Read Naomi Tenabe's full review
Jordan Linford profile photo
We use LiveChat as our main chat on our Impartner website. It gives us really good insights into our website visitors and helps us catch people right when they are interested.
  • Cookies and history tracking. We are able to pick up right where we left off with returning users
  • The app is awesome, haven't found one this good. It allows sales teams to be as available as they want to be.
  • Engaging leads on the site proactively is really helpful.
  • The round robin capabilities could be more robust, espeically in regards to geography.
  • More customized look and feel.
Very good for traffic coming to the site to learn more. I don't really see a use for tech support, more so that handing off chats or logging them in Salesforce seems cumbersome.
Read Jordan Linford's full review
Dominic Johnson profile photo
We use LiveChat as an inbound communication resource for both sales and support for our software. We are looking in to ways to use the product within our other departments. It's main feature is reducing the barrier of entry for communication with one of those team members, for those that have phone anxiety or simply want to interact with the site at the same time.
  • Inbound communication
  • Easy transfers
  • Easy UI
  • Excellent supervisor tools.
  • I feel like the system could be optimized to use fewer resources. It does seem to create a slowdown at times.
  • It doesn't notify you if you've been disconnected.
It thrives in situations where your company needs to reach inbound clients over text. It's less appropriate if they prefer another means of communication. Perhaps these options could be implemented. If it gave an option to attach phone or email contact options it would be very helpful. I assume this is not the case because of a conflict of interest.
Read Dominic Johnson's full review
Miguel Brito profile photo
This program has allowed us to have contact with people who need advice in the area of socio-productive projects. It
is used by the Department of Citizen Services, and from there we give answers to the questions and concerns that users have. Through this chat we have done studies of usability to information collection systems and it has saved us a lot of time. We have also been able to be more in touch with the people who need us and we have been able to give the necessary advice. We have addressed several operational problems with this tool. It really works for us
  • It helps you to be connected with many people, no matter where they are.
  • You have a free trial for 30 days, which allows you to familiarize yourself with the software before using it.
  • Many people do not like the price. They consider it high and that makes the program unattractive
  • The application for the cell phone is not pleasant and there are problems when deleting some messages
When you have a good product that offers solutions to a group of people, and you want to have contact with users to explain what the product is about, LiveChat is the program that will help you do that. The use of this software provides information to people about something. That is the strength of this program.

It is a schedule that should not be used with friends chat or to meet someone. It must be a strict business program.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
Marlon Seijas profile photo
Our organization works in the financing of projects, and in this sense we install the tool so that customers do not have to move to our offices to raise an impact on the development of the project, either with a document that is being processed or there is a problem in the bank to make a disbursement. And to resolve the problems with the clients it was necessary that the department in charge of leading the life of the project take care of LiveChat. This decision brought with it a saving of time to the clients, in the planning of the project and lower operative cost.
  • Nothing is more important than live communication. Nowadays we can not do without a tool of this level
  • A company must know how to read the client's needs, in some cases, we must respond to the monitoring of the product we sell and the client also wants to know the status of their situation.
  • It allows proportional correct and defined information with the policy of the company. The definition of help articles in the knowledge base and the predefined answers provide truthful and official information.
  • The fundamental thread of real communication is lost, since you can not really see the other person and sometimes people do not know what they think, that is, they do it without feelings, simply to cheer up the other person.
  • The fundamental meaning of a conversation that can not see what the other person thinks or feels due to lack of facial expressions or voice is lost. This is a clear disadvantage.
This tool should be used for medium companies that have a number of employees where the implementation of this activity is a leap forward and not a burden or become an adornment of the company. The idea is to make chat your presentation letter or an innovative post-sale service. Certainly, my experience has shown me that it is not necessary to install this app when we are in a process of formation in a company since in this phase personal communication is necessary since we must make ourselves known by the environment. Time and needs will tell us when the time is right to install this technology, although there are always visionaries in life and this will definitely change.
Read Marlon Seijas's full review
I get instant connection to my customers with tons of features, customizations, and robust reporting. What I like most about LiveChat is it's reliability. When I began researching chat applications to recommend to a client for use in their recruiting efforts, I found a lot of options. I also found a lot of issues. Many of the applications I looked at were complicated and glitchy. Then I found LiveChat. LiveChat just worked. It was solid application whether online or on my desktop and it handled chat conversations reliably while offering all the features I was looking for in a manned chat application. When I spoke with a representative from the company, I found out why. LiveChat set out from the beginning to be a manned chat solution and to be the best in the business. I was kind of disappointed with this at the beginning, because I was hoping for a solution to handle both manned and bot style chats. LiveChat didn't have bots, but they were so far above every other manned chat platform, that I had to choose them. Incidentally, they have developed a bot situation since I first signed up with them and it is just as robust. It's called botengine.ai and I highly recommend it. BotEngine integrates seamlessly with LiveChat and both applications work reliably with Facebook Messenger, Web Pages, Landing Pages, and more. LiveChat offers tons of customization, professional looking interfaces, and robust reporting. I can easily use it on my desktop computer, my notebook, my tablet, or my phone. And just like I said before, it just works
  • Chat is instant, fast reply and has appropriate geo-location.
  • LiveChat is easy to use and very convenient to have on our portal. This is due to faster assistance to our customers instead of them communicating via phone or Email that could take a little longer to get to. Our customers liked that they do not have to wait long for questions that arise. This program is great to have for customer service.
  • Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.
  • Our business (online web forms and databases) suggests that the guys from technical support have to communicate with dozens of clients every day. LiveChat helped us to set quality work in this direction. This program has a thoughtful functionality, and it allows me, as the owner of the company, to control employees. Our employees, in turn, have easily organized and configured communication with customers. Now the consultations are easy and painless.
  • LiveChat does such a perfect job for me that in my over one year access to this software, there has been no complaint.
  • Inability to respond to tickets opened by our customer via the LiveChat smartphone app is my only reservation thus far with this solution.
  • I dislike how basic the LiveChat mobile app. is, only allowing chat conversations between agents and website visitors.
We are a 3rd party company using LiveChatInc app as our platform to serve our industry, and it's been great. I tried several others, and there were functions I liked, but in the end, we came back to LiveChat because of their ease of use, support, and some unique capabilities other chat companies didn't have. There are a couple of important changes we would love to see to make it more customization, but overall, I would recommend it highly. I've tested at least 4 of the "top" live chat apps out there but we came back to this one, as it was the best overall. First of all the support team is very friendly and helpful. This is key and they have always tried their best to help, and were open to my feedback on improvements that could be made. It is very easy to use, very intuitive. It also has some unique features I've not found in other live chat apps (example: auto greetings to customers are personal, and come specifically from one of my live chat experts. Other platforms I've used, it sends a generic auto invite, and the customer has to ACCEPT to chat, before they are connected with an agent. We have compared, and this one feature makes our take rate (customer engages in a chat) much higher, due to it being a personal invitation by one of our reps.
Amarachi Okere profile photo

We have used Livechat in the past three year period to stay in touch with our clients and users whenever encounter rough waters during the course of using our services at Jobberman. It is an expedited process for a client to get a fast response from the company.

When clients make an attempt to reach us by phone; they may get frustrated by the queue. Emailing too could take a few days to receive a response, however, the live chat team is available every minute of the day; seven days a week.

• Livechat provides us with key statistics regarding the customer care team; this to me is like Coffee and Bread for businesses interested in measuring customer service performance. These stats. provided us by Livechat enable management to measure the current outlook of the customer service team.Example of stats. provided us by Livechat include: Chat staffing prediction, chat satisfaction metric, average chat duration, agent activity, goal report etc
  • Every chat conversation between an agent and a client or user can be accessed at any time in future. Leveraging on LiveChat's filtering feature, we are able to search for conversations by searching for certain phrase queries, or searching by the agent who handled the chat. This makes it easy to review past conversation between the customer service team and our users.
  • LiveChat informs us when the client/user reads our chat message; just like they also know when we have read their chat messages. It is called the DELIVERY STATUS feature and this helps improve the flow of conversations between the helpdesk team and web visitors, eliminating the need for unnecessary follow -up chat messages.
  • We are unable to make use of the Canned response feature on the Livechat mobile app.
  • Also, Livechat seems to load slowly on a certain browser like UC and Edge browser, forcing us to stick to just Chrome to access Livechat.
Livechat is very well suited for use on websites, as it has got a great mobile compatibility; which ensures it offers the same quality screen experience across all devices.

Livechat does a good job in the aspect of web visitor chat ratings. This Livechat feature enables web visitors to use the "Thumbs up" and "Thumbs down" icon to rate the quality of service they get from a helpdesk agent, immediately after a chat is completed. Chat rating enables helpdesk agents to know when they are doing a good job and also does give them an idea when their performance doesn't meet the expectation of a client. Overall, it helps the quality assurance team at Jobberman to effectively rate the performance of individual helpdesk agents.

Read Amarachi Okere's full review
Adenike Omoboriowo profile photo
We use LiveChat to quickly and efficiently manage our customers' complaints, queries, reviews, and expectations. With LiveChat, we are able to seamlessly monitor our customers' needs and interests. It has also been helpful in terms of analyzing the effect of our marketing campaigns; allowing us to know what works and what doesn't work.

• ENGAGEMENT GRAPHICS - This is very helpful to trigger web visitors to start a chat with our support agent. An example of a LiveChat engagement graphic is the eye-catcher. The eye-chat is an editable graphic at the low lefthand side of our website, which helps ensure that web visitors are made aware of the option to chat with a rep. on the website.
  • NOTIFICATION - Livechat has got an effective visual and sound notification system. These notification system helps ensure that no chat or new message goes unnoticed. We are also able to select which of the notifications work best for us.
  • I probably wondered why LiveChat had not yet introduced a Bot for their chat service, which would have helped businesses reduce some of the workload on agents. This they have now done around seven months ago with the launch of the LiveChat Botengine.
  • LiveChat doesn't integrate with most CRM and for the ones, it does integrate with like Salesforce; took us days of back and forth email our technical team and theirs to fix.
LiveChat is the perfect tool to stay in touch with people on our website and guide them to the right action or direction on the website. LiveChat makes it easy for teams to measure their support service performance, by looking up the grade given them by web visitors at the end of a chat session. LiveChathelps remove the customer inquiry workload on the call center support and email support service at Iroko tv, as it is a much more effective means to respond to customers faster and in the process get rid of long web visitor queues.
Read Adenike Omoboriowo's full review
Rebecca Oguntula profile photo
LiveChat has helped us better resolve issues, complaints, commendations and appraisals by our customers to us as a company. Before LiveChat, customers could only reach out to us by either visiting the bank branch, via email, sending post mail or putting a call across to the customer team. The first option was not always comfortable for our customers, and would probably take days for them to have enough time to spare visiting us at the bank. For the last response, while they would get a fast response, they would likely be on queue for upwards of ten minute and expend phone airtime in the process, obviously.

With LiveChat, our customers are able to reach us at their convenience, and for free too. They get a faster and much more relaxed response with an agent on LiveChat, than they will probably get with a call center agent.
  • DAILY STAFF PREDICTION: This is a feature on LiveChat's chat report which predicts the number of agents we will need on a specific day, by leveraging on the number of chats we have had on that day over the past few weeks. This feature helps predict the number of agents we will need for that day to handle chats, without any need for a web visitor to go one queue.
  • FACEBOOK CHAT: This feature gives us place a chat feature on our Facebook fan page, thus enabling web visitors to our Facebook page to communicate with our support agents, without the need to visit our website.
  • RESPONSE TIME ANALYTIC: This feature helps measure the speed of our help desk team's response to customer queries. Giving us an insight into the average speed of a representative's first response in a chat and the average speed of all responses in a conversation. This assists us to measure how fast our representatives have been with customers conversations.
  • LiveChat needs to introduce a call feature which will enable web visitors to put a voice call across to the help desk team.
  • The LiveChat mobile app is overly simplified and does not do much at the moment apart from serving as a means to respond to chat messages.
REPORTS AND ANALYTICS: LiveChat provides companies and teams with important data analytics into the performance, strong points and weak points of the help desk team. It ensures we are able to work on ways to improve on our shortcomings, whilst consolidating on our strong points.

MULTI LANGUAGE SUPPORT: At my previous place of work, the LiveChat multi language support came in handy. It allowed customer care agents to greet web visitors in over 45 languages, thus we were able to greet website visitors in their native tongue.
Read Rebecca Oguntula's full review
Rosemary Nkonde profile photo
We use LiveChat as a medium to respond to queries by our clients, customers or partners in real -time. LiveChat is used by the helpdesk team and it has helped us respond to queries from partners and clients at a faster pace than the traditional means of contact like telephone calls or even emails.
  • FILE SHARING - LiveChat's file sharing feature makes it easy for easy exchange of files between helpdesk agents and web visitors. Eliminating the need for links or email attachments. It also integrates with Dropbox, allowing us to better manage files we will most likely share with web visitors.
  • CHAT TAGGING - LiveChat's tagging feature enables us to maximize data generated from the helpdesk teams exchanges with web visitors. Adding tags to chat, enable us to look up analytic for chats with a similar tag; thereby making it easier to measure our weak points and work towards improving them.
  • CHAT HISTORY - Livechat provides the helpdesk team with a history of every conversation had with a web visitor in times past.Thus when a recurrent visitor chats with a helpdesk agent, the agent is able to view past conversation history between that visitor and the helpdesk team and be better prepared to handle their questions or problems; especially if it is a recurrent issue.
  • I have recently come across new helpdesk software who have now integrated voice and video calls to their helpdesk software.Will be great to see Livechat execute something similar as an add-on feature to Livechat.
LEAD GENERATION - LiveChat provides us with an opportunity to engage in real-time chat exchanges with web visitors, thereby enabling us to convert more web-visitors before they leave our website.

MOBILE CHAT - The LiveChat mobile app provides support agents with the ability to still be available to web visitors, even while outside the office environment; thereby ensuring the organization never loses any lead even during holidays.

LIVECHATS NET PROMOTER SCORE - The net promoter score is a management tool that is used to measure the level of customer loyalty. Using post chat surveys, we are able to gather dynamic feedbacks from our customers; thereby giving us an insight into what the average client or customer thinks about our services.
Read Rosemary Nkonde's full review
Deborah Ewenla profile photo
LiveChat is used by our Helpdesk team to communicate with existing and potential clients and in some cases, it is used by the Engineering team too, whenever a client needs responses to a technical question of which the customer care team is unable to respond to. Overall, LiveChat is the most reliable medium for a client to get quick responses to whatever they need to contact the team for.
  • CHAT SUMMARIES - This is my most loved LiveChat feature. The daily chat summary is a screenshot sent via email to the company at the end of a working day; giving the company a quick overview of the performance of its support team for the day. The overview usually touches on the total number of chats initiated by web-visitors, the total number of completed chats, the total number of unfinished chats, the total number of missed chats, and an average rating by web visitors after a chat conversation.
  • USER INTERFACE - Personally, when looking at the LiveChat interface, I can't help but admit the team behind LiveChat have got a good knowledge of the basic concept of human-computer interaction. Which is probably responsible for them being able to create a user interface which is appealing to the eyes of the helpdesk agents and web visitors and also intuitive.
  • SUPPORT MATERIALS - LiveChat has a series of support materials available on the LiveChat website as short videos and article which guides users on different ways to maximize the benefits of LiveChat. We also get a new email every week, keeping us abreast of newer ways to use LiveChat to great business effect.
  • AUDIO CALLS - It is gradually becoming a norm for LiveChat software to have an audio or conferencing feature. LiveChat currently hasn't adopted this on its program. Introducing this feature on LiveChat opens LiveChat users to a new world of possibilities and a much more improved experience too.
  • LIMITED MOBILE APP - The LiveChat app currently is far too limited, functionality wise. On the mobile app, customer care agents can only use it in chatting with web visitors. We are unable to respond to tickets via the app, neither are we able to customize agent profiles etc.
LiveChat, for me, is my number one pick when it comes to connecting with customers, clients, and web visitors. It has a pleasing and intuitive interface, not to forget the LiveChat support team who are available at every minute of the day.Thus, LiveChat is perfect for teams and companies who require a helpdesk software which is constantly improving year in and year out.
Maybe for companies, who need some of the newer helpdesk software features like audio calls, and video conferencing capabilities; LiveChat isn't for them at the moment.
Read Deborah Ewenla's full review
Abiola Ademosu profile photo
January 09, 2018

I love LiveChat.

We use LiveChat to guide web visitors to our website whenever they encounter trouble either why trying to shop for products or when they need to find out more information about services offered by our firm.
  • User timeline: Whenever we encounter returning customers to the support team LiveChat provides all of their previous chats readily in the chat window. With no need to switch back and forth between the chat and the Archives menu. This has saved us a lot of valuable seconds.
  • File sharing support: Livechat allow us exchange files with our customers on chat, with no need for web links or email attachments.Attachments are done vi a vis simple drag and drop feature. For users who have their files on Dropbox, they can easily connect to it too via Livechat.
  • Popup customization: I wish LiveChat would allow users to customize popup notifications.
  • Mobile application: The current Livechat mobile app. only allows the support team to chat with customers on the website. We are currently unable to access or respond to the created ticket via the mobile app. but only via the desktop program.
Livechat is a perfect tool for staying in touch with customers on our company website; it also supports all related activity like serving as a medium for customers to open tickets when help desk staffs are offline. Overall, it ticks all the box in terms of what's expected from a helpdesk tool.
Read Abiola Ademosu's full review
Opeyewa Adeshogun profile photo
We use Livechat as a communication channel between the company's support team and our customers who have got one or two questions to ask about our offering and products.
  • Statistics: Livechat gives us a rundown of our support team activity from the last seven day period. Allowing us to measure our performance and work out a comparative analysis between our current week performance and past performances.
  • Track sales: Livechat gives us an analysis of sales made over a specific period of time and how much each sale is worth. Allowing us to measure how much value we get from using Livechat, and also to track our highest performing support agents.
  • Ticket reporting: Livechat provides a robust ticket reporting feature. Which shows us how many new tickets we received from customers in a specific time period, number of satisfied customers, number of resolved and unresolved ticket, ticket response time etc allowing myself as team lead to get a quick overview of the performance of the support team.
  • Pricing; Livechat is currently overpriced when compared with other alternatives at $149 per month.
  • Integration; Livechat needs to expand its integration compatibility. At the moment we can only use our Livechat with salesforce. It currently doesn't support every other third party tool, we would like to use alongside Livechat.
Livechat does a perfect job enabling me as team lead to seamlessly monitor every agent in our support team and their level of performance. It also is a perfect tool for companies looking to build their own custom analytics, by feeding Livechat data into their own in-house infrastructure.
Read Opeyewa Adeshogun's full review
Vikram Balaji profile photo
We use LiveChat as a communication channel between our company and clients who need to know more about our services. It is also a medium for our students to get quick answers to their questions, whenever they are school site.
  • BotEngine: This tool provides answers to our customers when there is no support staff available to respond to customer questions. Even during the day when staff are available, BotEngine takes care of chats where very simple help is needed and for the ones it can't respond to, it simply transfers to a support staff.
  • Chat history: Livechat saves all past conversations between our support staff and clients. Thus allowing us to keep a history of all clients who have ever sent us a query via LiveChat. This enables us to fall back on this conversations if we need to follow up on a customer's complaint history with us.
  • Customization: LiveChat gives us unlimited customization power allowing our developers to tweak LiveChat's aesthetics and tertiary features to fit our taste and give us a unique appearance from other Livechat users.
  • Pricing ; While this tool is fantastic ,it is overly priced.
LiveChat is perfect as a helpdesk tool for all businesses as it tickets the basic needs expected from a helpdesk software. It is an effective ticketing tool, allowing customers to open tickets when they have a problem; and a notification of the ticket is sent via email to the helpdesk team. A helpdesk only need reply to the email and the ticket response is sent to the clients' email address.
Read Vikram Balaji's full review
Suyi Harrison Iwalewe profile photo
We use LiveChat to interact with our users; LiveChat allows our customers to interact with our support team, ask questions and get responses to their queries. Basically, LiveChat has helped us in converting our users into customers.
  • Analytics; Livechat does a good job giving needed details about users on the website.Details like their location, isp ,the number of times they have visited, browser type etc
  • Ticket: Livechat allows customers create a ticket and we get the tickets in our mailbox in seconds and whenever we respond to these tickets they always go directly to the user's inbox.
  • Great customer support: Livechats support team are always on-hand to guide users whenever they encounter issues, using the program.
  • Enterprise pricing; Livechat enterprise is currently priced at $149 monthly.I believe there are close substitutes for way cheaper.
LiveChat basically fits into what most startups will need from a help desk program. It doesn't, however, provide features like audio or video chat which newer help desk programs now provide.
Read Suyi Harrison Iwalewe's full review
Victoria Ogolor profile photo
Livechat serves as a medium for our customers to reach us in real time for complaints, information or advice.Thereby, I can say Livechat has served as a means to develop the quality of our support to customers. Livechat ensures we are always available and reachable to our customers at all times.
  • INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - How often software producers ignore this? Livechat has got a clean user interface which makes it easier for new users to understand how this program works and also makes it easier for web visitors to navigate their own end the program.
  • COMPATIBILITY ACROSS DEVICES - Livechat works perfectly on all devices from PC to tablets to smartphones. Ensuring web visitors get a similar, effective experience across any device they choose to use to contact our live support.
  • HELP RESOURCE - From weekly articles to instructionals tips to the customer service; Livechat makes it easy for its users to learn more ways on how to be more effective using Livechat and this has really been helpful.
  • MOBILE APP - I think the Livechat mobile app is overly basic. Apart from responding to chats via the app. agents are unable to do anything else.
Livechat is perfect for measuring the performance of each helpdesk agent; allowing the customer care head to know what agents are performing and the agents under-performing.

Livechat provides users with a daily chat summary which details the total number of chats responded to at the end of the day, the total number of chats missed, the total number of good ratings and bad ratings (in percentile).

Livechat is perfect as a helpdesk tool for websites and mobile apps.
Read Victoria Ogolor's full review

About LiveChat

LiveChat serves as a customer service platform with live chat support, help desk and web analytics functionalities, with the goal of allowing users to provide 24/7 support to customers.

The core feature of the software is its chat tool, where both service and sales team can answer customers' questions in real time. Online businesses can interact with customers on their website, to be more accessible. With LiveChat, users can identify people on the website and engage them using proactive chats. Users can also provide 24/7 support with the use of the built-in ticketing system.

LiveChat also comes with mobile applications for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices, allowing users to provide support to customers and answer their questions on the go.

Users can try LiveChat for free, for 14 days.