Efficient, Intuitive, Effective
December 03, 2021
Efficient, Intuitive, Effective
Content Marketing Strategy Manager
University of IdahoHigher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite
Hootsuite gives our very small team the capacity to operate like a larger team. We can post across many social media platforms, with access to deep content development tools and in-network tools. Instagram stories can be scheduled with the use of the Hootsuite App and dropped to social with minimal taps through the system. Analytics are great and reports are customizable, can be saved and distributed to stakeholders. We have added efficiencies by utilizing tag options, campaign, and short link structuring, effectively helping us control and track content across different social media platforms. The recent acquisition and integration with SparkCentral [have] an ability to view overall messaging and way more.
- Hootsuite's dashboard setup is highly customizable and intuitive.
- Hootsuite's analytics tools are constantly audited and updated, resulting in increasingly useful reporting.
- Hootsuite's user management setup is fast, efficient, and utterly awesome. From invites to sharing existing dashboards, it makes onboarding new employees a snap.
- Hootsuite is reliably working to remain consistent through product upgrades and keep up to date with partner product changes, but it could always be done a little faster.
- Printing styles for analytics reports are less than ideal.
- Integrating add-on tools to the main system is likely in progress, but not yet a reality, requiring users to have multiple places to check.
- This tool will allow an "army of one" to find more time in a day. Everything is in one spot, the tool is efficient, effective, and intuitive.
- This tool helps us manage many people across 2 teams, hirings and vacancies occur, and this tool allows us to grant and manage permissions structure quickly and easily.
- Analytics through this tool has allowed us an opportunity to provide in-the-moment data and snap reporting, keeping stakeholders and leaders in the know about social and communications issues, sentiment, or trends.
We selected Hootsuite for its customer service structure as well as the company's philosophy on tool management. Most social media management tools stack up the same at the enterprise level, but Hootsuite's commitment to customer service put them on top of the heap for us.
While the customer service team can't always help me get what I want, they always go above and beyond to try to do so. The system allows them to be personable and effective.
Do you think Hootsuite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hootsuite's feature set?
Did Hootsuite live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Hootsuite go as expected?
Would you buy Hootsuite again?
We use Hootsuite primarily for managing social content across owned properties. In this regard, we still need to use a few additional tools depending on how and what we need to post. Instagram stories tools are great, but loading video to IGTV and Reels does become problematic, requiring team members to navigate to Creator Studio to complete the task. Hootsuite has untapped opportunities in compiling story analytics and could work to improve the system there.
Hootsuite Feature Ratings
Boolean keyword searches
Filtering out noise/spam
Broad channel coverage
Content planning and scheduling
Automated routing and prioritization
Customer interaction histories
Paid media management
Campaign success analytics
Role-based user permissions & privileges