Hooray for Hootsuite!
June 20, 2022
Hooray for Hootsuite!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite
Hootsuite makes it easy to plan out and schedule social media posts for a comprehensive campaign. I've used it professionally when needing to create social media posts to recognize partner organizations or sponsors. It's easy to load up the posts in advance and then I screenshot the posts to send for final approval before scheduling. Hootsuite allows me to streamline this process which used to require a lot of time and effort.
- Ability to plan and schedule posts to multiple platforms
- Good analytics
- Ability to respond and interact on multiple platforms from one central dashboard
- Occasional trouble tagging partners in scheduled posts.
- Dashboard can be overwhelming depending on how active your social media is.
- Occasional trouble formatting scheduled content.
- Hootsuite saves a lot of time and effort when needing to collaborate with different depts or sponsors on social media posts.
- Content performance results at a glance.
- Allows us to streamline planned posts, thus eliminating redundant tasks throughout the year.
In my opinion, Hootsuite is like a social media version of Mailchimp. I have not looked into many alternative software programs, as I've inherited Hootsuite in my role and saw no need to change. Hootsuite does what I need it to do at a reasonable price point. There may be others out there who do it better, but Hootsuite fills my need so I don't worry about looking elsewhere.
It works well for my needs. It's not perfect and has occasional small glitches, but so does everything else. I would recommend Hootsuite to teams that need a simple solution to plan and schedule out social media posts, with the added bonus of being able to see quick analytics and dive a lot deeper into follower engagement depending on the amount of time you have to invest.
Do you think Hootsuite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hootsuite's feature set?
Did Hootsuite live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Hootsuite go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Hootsuite again?
Hootsuite is excellent for teams (or individuals) who want a comprehensive tool to manage all of their social media platforms. Hootsuite makes it easy to launch campaigns, track results, follow up with constituents, and more. However, it's not magic and can't do all of the work for you. In order to get the most out of Hootsuite, you will still need a strategic plan for your social media marketing overall.