Overall Satisfaction with ISL Light
ISL Light is primarily used by our technical support team to access remote client systems and aid them with technical issues.
- Always available on systems where a user may not always be present
- Easy to view system status information including CPU, memory, disk space
- File transfer between systems works quickly
- The configuration and customization interface is very opaque
- The chat interface for talking to the client is very simplistic
- Does not allow viewing of 'always on' machine status information without explicitly connecting
- Secure locally-hosted service
- Always-on connectivity
- Dynamic bandwidth support for visuals
- File transfer
- It has saved us in-person trips to handle situations where seeing the user's screen can get the job done
- It has allowed management of remote Windows systems that would normally require an on-site user
- Paying once for the local installation saved licensing fees to competing products.
The ability to install ISL Light on our own server and manage the connections securely ourselves made a huge impact on our decision. Other systems require cloud connectivity to third-party servers we cannot vouch for. ISL's licensing terms are very reasonable in comparison as well.
Do you think ISL Light delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ISL Light's feature set?
Did ISL Light live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ISL Light go as expected?
Would you buy ISL Light again?
ISL Light is perfect for doing server management or client support. The always-on feature allows remote connecting to systems that have been previously configured to accept connections, although the software does lack an easy-to-find log of when a system stopped being available if it is offline.