We use it in 2 different ways:
- On-demand support …
The product is used to remotely connect, diagnose and fix …
Over-the-Internet remote session (24)
Multi-platform remote control (21)
Screen sharing (24)
File transfer (24)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ISL Light, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- $19.95 per monthOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
According to the vendor, ISL Light is easy to use and allows the operator to invite a client to join a support session by typing in a unique session code, or can start the remote support session directly from live chat software. The software is translated in 28 languages and used across a wide range of industries, including banking, government, insurance, and healthcare.
- Supported: Screen sharing
- Supported: File transfer
- Supported: Instant message
- Supported: Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
- Supported: Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
- Supported: Over-the-Internet remote session
- Supported: Initiate remote control from mobile
- Supported: Remote management of servers & workstations
- Supported: Remote Active Directory® management
- Supported: Centralized management dashboard
- Supported: Session record
- Supported: Annotations
- Supported: Monitoring and Alerts
- Supported: Multi-platform remote control
- Supported: RDP Routing
- Supported: White labeling
- Supported: Reports
- Supported: Multi-monitor support
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||45%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||39%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||15%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries||United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Israel, Middle East|
|Supported Languages||English, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Dutch, Danish, Japanese, Chinese, Slovenian, Swedish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Polish, Hindi. Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, Czech|
- Simple user interface
- Integration with browsers
- Always available on systems where a user may not always be present
- Easy to view system status information including CPU, memory, disk space
- File transfer between systems works quickly
- The configuration and customization interface is very opaque
- The chat interface for talking to the client is very simplistic
- Does not allow viewing of 'always on' machine status information without explicitly connecting
- Off-site help
- Remote support
- Ease of use
- Simple Always-ON app
- Mobile support
- to be on Ninite download page
- Simple interface
- Many usable functions
- To connect/download to ISL is often a problem for customers with little IT knowledge. A simpler way for the customer to connect would be nice.
- Available Options
- Easier Implementation in Microsoft Intune
- Configuration for Microsoft Autopilot to ensure a No-Touch-Policy
- Small footprint
- Never fails
- Prompt Support
- Easy to use
- ios connection a bit finneky, but I suspect that is down to Apple rather than ISL Light
- Extremely fast screen refresh while screen-sharing
- Easy and fast for clients to connect with us: click a button and enter a code
- Highly compatible with all the computers and software we connect to
- It is hard to come up with areas for improvement. It just works!
- Perhaps the Chat function could be enhanced a bit.
- Their tech support is hardly ever needed - nothing to complain about there!
- I love logging in after rebooting a client's computer.
- UAC is easy to control (our clients are not local admins).
- It is simple to use.
- Our whole team agreed it was right decision to move to ISL.
- ISL fits all our needs.
- Multi-display view and remote control
- File transfer
We use it in 2 different ways:
- On-demand support (sending our clients to our website to enter a support code that our engineers provide them with, which triggers a download of an EXE file for the client to run and allow us to remotely control their computer/ cell phone.)
- Un-attendant (we install an agent that runs as a service on some of our clients servers, and we use it as a backup remote-access method, in case our RMM software remote access doesn't work.
- Allow remote control of Windows, Mac, Android and iOS
- Automatically record support / remote sessions
- Allow UAC easy control remotely
- Auto-recognize the OS of the client, to download the correct remote file for them to execute
- Very fast connection speed (initial connect, and on-going session speed)
- Allowing us to use our own website AND the islonline.net in case there are issues
- Speed of support team
- Better security on the un-attendant EXE creation where it must save the password in plain text
- Very fast and reliable solution
- Intuitive concept
- Dashboard for unattended computers
- NVDA speech synthesis used by visually impaired users does not work.
The product is used to remotely connect, diagnose and fix problems with our client machines rather that dispatching staff to go and fix the problem in person.
- Ease of use
- I genuinely have no issues
- Access to my work computer. Not just to my email but also to all the files on the different servers.
- The software is very stable. It allows me to work without communication problems.
- It is very simple to use. I didn't have to read any manuals to be able to use it.
- It is not full screen/it should be a more responsive design.
- When I start a new session biometric password is not accepted and I have to type in my username and password.
- it works reliable
- it is easy to use for the supported users
- the support from the isl light provider is very good
- it is cost-effective, if you don't need it so much
- it is suitable for my use
- payment is possible without credit card
- Very nice for remote product presentation with live demo.
- Very easy to use.
- Very fast responding.
- Very fast when you use file transfer even with huge sized file.
- I prefer to change audio quality setting.
- It would be good if it was possible to change video quality setting to high definition.
Stable service provided ISL world network must be excellent. This is really stable.
This stability in its infrastructure is one of the most important points when you chose the product.
However, it maybe difficult to check its stability. In that case, I think a free trial can help.
- I can switch users while remotely connected, which is great
- I can use ISL Light to perform a restart on a machine and get access right when the PC is back on
- It is easy to install
- It provides remote access easily across a range of platforms
- I can see what is going on without the need for screenshots
- I can determine what versions of apps that they are using
- I can more easily search via google using this data
- Friendly support.
- Good offer for the price.
- Non-complex use for people with less computer knowledge.
- Possibility to use a software with devices list for quick connect, without having to access them via web interface.
- The speed and quality of image refresh.
- Security of the session.
- Useful features.
- I couldn't find any flaws right now.
We use ISL Light daily across the whole organization. It is a very effective and important tool in terms of customer support – it is the first step to help customers remotely. Using the tool is very intuitive and connecting with a customer as simple as it could be. I would recommend this tool to everyone who wants to connect to a remote computer.
- Ease of use
- simple to use
- easy to exchange files with customers
- program is not using much resources
- connection is save and enrypted
- Only thing we are missing is possibility to talk to customer from within ISL (we now use Skype for this purpose)
- Control is key. ISL Light allows us to have control of all the movements that our employees could make.
- The software usage reports allow us to make strategic decisions for the company, unlike other tools this allows us to track its use.
- I would like the chat not to get in the way during the sessions, although it is something not so important if it could be seen better.
- Something in the design does not look so modern, I would like its interface to look more attractive.
- easy to use
- very intuitive for end users
- allows us to use "administrative mode"
- We didn't notice any cons
- Fast and easy setup even for technically illiterate users.
- Superb availability (after 11 years of usage, I don't remember a single occasion the service being offline).
- Fast connection, supports multi monitor setups.
- More intuitive file manager for copying files between computers.
- Just logging into the ISL website gives you everything you need to start remote support.
- It has a lot of information about client computers.
- It gives you options for chat or having a webinar.
- File exchange is not intuitive at the moment.