ISL Light Reviews

April 01, 2021
Tatjana Zupan | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by the whole organisation. Because of the pandemic we can't go to our offices and thus can't access our work computers. ISL Light enables us to access office computers from home.
  • Access to my work computer. Not just to my email but also to all the files on the different servers.
  • The software is very stable. It allows me to work without communication problems.
  • It is very simple to use. I didn't have to read any manuals to be able to use it.
  • It is not full screen/it should be a more responsive design.
  • When I start a new session biometric password is not accepted and I have to type in my username and password.
To be able to work from home and to be able to access all my files on different servers.
Read Tatjana Zupan's full review
March 02, 2021
Mauricio Amaya | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ISL Light to serve our external and internal clients - we sell antivirus tools and help desk that require a high demand in technical support, and with ISL Light we supply that need. What is most interesting about ISL Light is that it allows us as a company to control all users who use the tool and monitor their use.
  • Control is key. ISL Light allows us to have control of all the movements that our employees could make.
  • The software usage reports allow us to make strategic decisions for the company, unlike other tools this allows us to track its use.
  • I would like the chat not to get in the way during the sessions, although it is something not so important if it could be seen better.
  • Something in the design does not look so modern, I would like its interface to look more attractive.
When you have a technical support group to which you have to give a remote support tool, but you want to receive reports, use metrics and create roles, you need ISL Light. If you work alone you don't need a tool of this type.
Read Mauricio Amaya's full review
February 25, 2021
Matic Nartnik | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organisation consists of 26 IT departments stretched between 26 faculties. This makes managing and helping our employees quite a difficult task, especially during covid times. With the help of ISL Light we manage to provide remote IT support to all of our employees during difficult times when everybody had to stay and work from home. We mostly use it to troubleshoot our end users everyday problems.
  • easy to use
  • very intuitive for end users
  • allows us to use "administrative mode"
  • We didn't notice any cons
Perfect tool in scenarios where admin needs to preform task which require elevated permissions for user who are not administrators of their own workstation.
Read Matic Nartnik's full review
February 18, 2021
Jernej Praprotnik | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are an IT services company offering IT support to various small and medium-sized businesses. ISL Online is our go-to choice when doing client remote support or accessing unattended Windows servers at our clients' side. It saves us a lot of time and travel costs. It is really trivial to set up and start remote sessions even with totally inexperienced users.
  • Fast and easy setup even for technically illiterate users.
  • Superb availability (after 11 years of usage, I don't remember a single occasion the service being offline).
  • Fast connection, supports multi monitor setups.
  • More intuitive file manager for copying files between computers.
It is a great app for doing remote support to clients on any platform. I use it all the time to help my clients solving various IT problems, not to mention helping my parents installing and configuring a new printer they jus bought...
Read Jernej Praprotnik's full review
March 23, 2021
nigel billam | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ISL Light to support my clients. Often it is easier to see what problems a client is experiencing and it enables me to come up with the correct solution. I've used it to support family and friends' issues. It saves me trying to picture what they are saying and also to spot things which they don't. I can easily discover what versions of various apps they are using.
  • It is easy to install
  • It provides remote access easily across a range of platforms
  • I can see what is going on without the need for screenshots
  • I can determine what versions of apps that they are using
  • I can more easily search via google using this data
Ease of use, range of platforms it works on out of the box.
Most of my clients are in different parts of the UK and the world, so it enables me to peer over their shoulders, as it were!
One is in Zambia so this helps diagnose things remotely and either makes changes or replicate what they are doing.
This is even more important now with the COVID pandemic restricting movements.
Read nigel billam's full review
March 15, 2021
Marko Plot | TrustRadius Reviewer
The use of the ISL Light is introduced to the entire organization. It is used as a universal tool for both self-support and remote customer support. With ISL Light we can solve problems no matter where the user is, that only has internet access.
  • The speed and quality of image refresh.
  • Security of the session.
  • Useful features.
  • I couldn't find any flaws right now.
This is an extremely reliable and, above all, secure tool for remote customer support. Provides support for both computers and mobile devices. In the current situation, without such a simple and affordable tool, I would not be able to provide secure customer support.
Read Marko Plot's full review
March 13, 2021
Tone Korošec | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use ISL Light
daily across the whole organization. It is a very effective and important tool in
terms of customer support – it is the first step to help customers remotely. Using
the tool is very intuitive and connecting with a customer as simple as it could
be. I would recommend this tool to everyone who wants to connect to a remote computer.

• Ease of use
  • Reliability
  • Stability
  • None
I would recommend
this tool to everyone who wants to connect to a remote computer. It is an important tool for a helpdesk technician.
ISL Light is well suited for scenarios when you have a customer on a phone and you want to guide the customer through as few steps as possible so the remote
connection can be established.
Read Tone Korošec's full review
March 11, 2021
Borut Kaucic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ISL for customer support, workshops and development discussions with our clients.
  • simple to use
  • easy to exchange files with customers
  • program is not using much resources
  • connection is save and enrypted
  • Only thing we are missing is possibility to talk to customer from within ISL (we now use Skype for this purpose)
ISL is well suited in customer help and support area. application is small and does not use much resources.
Read Borut Kaucic's full review
December 13, 2020
Ivan Franinovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
I do support on-demand and in the last year, I'm using ISL Light for that job. It is faster to solve problems by reaching a client's computer than just doing support over the phone.
  • Just logging into the ISL website gives you everything you need to start remote support.
  • It has a lot of information about client computers.
  • It gives you options for chat or having a webinar.
  • File exchange is not intuitive at the moment.
As a remote desktop, it does the job as any other software. When connected to other computer monitors it does not resize the view according to monitors that are available, but if doing remote support, none like their parameters to be changed. I have an option to zoom in and then slide to a particular view. Somehow, it's funny doing that when you have a client with three monitors.
Read Ivan Franinovic's full review
March 27, 2021
ISL Light can nicely be used when I make presentations of some goods to clients remotely. You can find that you can connect to clients showing your desktop screen very quickly through ISL Light. This tool can be used as sales support tool, for sure.
  • Very nice for remote product presentation with live demo.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Very fast responding.
  • Very fast when you use file transfer even with huge sized file.
  • I prefer to change audio quality setting.
  • It would be good if it was possible to change video quality setting to high definition.
Fast responding with high quality screen share functionality is the most valuable part of ISL Light, I think.
Stable service provided ISL world network must be excellent. This is really stable.
This stability in its infrastructure is one of the most important points when you chose the product.
However, it maybe difficult to check its stability. In that case, I think a free trial can help.
April 01, 2021
using isl light across the whole organisation, support for the users
  • it works reliable
  • it is easy to use for the supported users
  • the support from the isl light provider is very good
  • it is cost-effective, if you don't need it so much
  • it is suitable for my use
  • payment is possible without credit card
The restart of the supported pc is possible.
The provider can be reached by phone or email.
March 24, 2021
ISL Light is a wonderful tool for remote support. We use it to support end users and we have the agent installed on every computer in the company. Compared to other solutions on the market for remote support, ISL Light is very good because you get complete access remotely and you able to switch users, confirm UAC messages, and so on without getting disconnected and without asking the user to click anything. You can also reboot a machine, send Ctrl_Alt_Delete, and much more.
  • I can switch users while remotely connected, which is great
  • I can use ISL Light to perform a restart on a machine and get access right when the PC is back on
March 23, 2021
We needed a solution for remote access of our computers during epidemic and ISL made a good offer for our school, non-profit organisation. We mainly use it in a particular department, but ability to install it on multiple devices and create multiple users just in case is very welcome, along with possibility to contact them in our local language.
  • Friendly support.
  • Good offer for the price.
  • Non-complex use for people with less computer knowledge.
  • Possibility to use a software with devices list for quick connect, without having to access them via web interface.
ISL is well suited when remote access to your device or a device that is connected to your user account is needed.
April 04, 2019
Barbara Viskovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ISL Light across all of our organization. We offer remote support to our customers. If we can't solve the problem through the live chat (which is also included in the ISL Online license), we can start a remote desktop session with only one click directly from the live chat. The best thing is that in this case, our customers don't have to type in the session code.
The software is easy to use, connects fast, and is reliable.
  • a clean user interface, very user-friendly
  • customization options
  • great support
  • User administration is a bit limited.
It's an indispensable tool when you need to react fast and solve an issue quickly. You need to see a remote desktop in order to have the whole picture of what is going on.
The fact that during the remote support session the remote side can at any time take over the control of mouse or keyboard can bother some people, but this is an important security feature to prevent misuse of the software if spotted.
Read Barbara Viskovic's full review

ISL Light Scorecard Summary

Screen sharing (13)
File transfer (13)
Instant message (11)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (4)
4.1
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (11)
Over-the-Internet remote session (12)
Initiate remote control from mobile (8)
Remote management of servers & workstations (10)
Remote Active Directory® management (5)
5.2
Centralized management dashboard (7)
6.6
Session record (7)
Annotations (10)
Monitoring and Alerts (6)
Multi-platform remote control (12)

What is ISL Light?

ISL Light is remote support and remote access software that enables SMBs and large enterprises to offer fast and efficient support and maintenance for Windows, Mac and Linux computers as well as mobile device support for Android and iOS.

According to the vendor, ISL Light is easy to use and allows the operator to invite a client to join a support session by typing in a unique session code, or can start the remote support session directly from live chat software. The software is translated in 28 languages and used across a wide range of industries, including banking, government, insurance, and healthcare.

Key features include screen sharing, unattended access to remote computers, permission management, chat messaging, session recording, file transfer, WakeOnLAN, RDP routing. The product is subject to very high-security standards and provides two-factor authentication and AES 256-bit data encryption.

ISL Light can be deployed as a cloud service or as an on-premise solution. The license does not limit the number of users, installations or the number of clients users connect to.

ISL Light Features

Remote Administration Features

Has featureScreen sharing
Has featureFile transfer
Has featureInstant message
Has featureSecure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Has featureAccess to sleeping/powered-off computers
Has featureOver-the-Internet remote session
Has featureInitiate remote control from mobile
Has featureRemote management of servers & workstations
Has featureRemote Active Directory® management
Has featureReports
Has featureMulti-monitor support

ISL Light Screenshots

ISL Light Video

Remotely access and manage devices to provide on-demand IT support. View the screen and control a remote computer or mobile device.

ISL Light Integrations

ISL Light Competitors

TeamViewer, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

ISL Light Pricing