Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Jabber
Certain departments are using Jabber. I think Jabber is great because it's a lot like a messenger. You can call from Jabber, listen to voice mails, chat, set up groups, insert files, share your screen and much more. You can also tell if an employee is available, in a meeting, offline, or out of the office.
- Chats are saved so you are able to go back to see what was discussed if you ever need a chat session for reference.
- As soon as you send a chat the other person receives it if they are online. At times it is more convenient than email!
- I like how all calls can be seen through Jabber. It's easy to call someone from Jabber and listen to voice mails.
- I would like a way to archive or delete chat sessions.
- A video chat feature would be beneficial.
- Setting up groups is nice, but it would be great to set up different channels to collaborate on team projects.
- Saves time
- Increased productivity
- Allows for collaboration anytime and from anywhere
I have set up and used Slack before at my previous job. I like Slack because you could set up different channels and assign groups of people to specific channels. I did not choose Jabber, it was selected by our IT department. I think Slack at times has too many bells and whistles. Jabber is great for our organization because it is easy to use, simple, and convenient!
Jabber is great to ask quick questions or for asking another individual to complete a task. Rather than leaving your office or composing an email you can send a chat within seconds. I also like how you can see your missed calls, listen to voice mails, and return calls directly from the program. Jabber is a convenient tool that I use daily!
Webex App Feature Ratings
Cisco Jabber Support
I have not personally used customer support yet. The help link has many options such as sending your problem through their reporting portal, view your connection status, and you can view your error notifications. I would personally like a support line to call to speak with an actual person to help resolve any issue or maybe even have a chatbot.
Using Cisco Jabber
I like the functionality of Jabber. I use it every day to make calls, check voice mail messages, send chats to fellow co-workers, and for easy file sharing. The user interface is very simple to use not making Jabber a complicated program at all! I think people are less intimidated by the program because the design of it is very clean and basic making it user-friendly.