LogMeIn Pro Review
March 07, 2018
LogMeIn Pro Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Pro
LogMeIn Pro is used by the company I work for to access clients' servers. LogMeIn Pro is accessible to all areas of our department and we primarily use it for troubleshooting the software service we provide to our clients. We need to access the server using LogMeIn Pro and determine the issues that come up and resolve them so our clients can get back to their daily tasks. Moreover, LogMeIn Pro provides a secure connection to access our clients data. Most of the time we have to test updates on our software and use the confidential data to accurately determine if the issue has been resolved. We solve a lot business problems using LogMeIn Pro. In the end, our users become experts in using LogMeIn Pro which they can use in the future for their personal use, too.
- Fast and reliable-- LogMeIn Pro you can access the remote server within a minute or so, and it is always reliable to use. There is no downtime. The initial login process is very fast and simple to use.
- Two ways to access LogMeIn Pro-- You can access LogMeIn Pro via a web URL link, and download the LogMeIn Pro app whichever way is easier for user to access. I personally download the app on my PC.
- LogMeIn Pro is a clear and simple UI that is easier to navigate through. The ability to capture screenshots, records sessions, file transfer and much more is very similar to other remote desktop connection softwares.
- LastPass-- LogMeIn Pro offers a feature that no other remote desktop app out there offers which is LastPass. You get an yearly license depending on which package you choose. LastPass is pretty much all the solutions to store passwords, sync passwords to other devices, and a password generator.
- LogMeIn Pro lacks performance when it comes to Macs. I have a personal MacBook pro and I often want to use LogMeIn Pro, but cannot due to connections issues. For example, when I log into LogMeIn Pro using my Mac, my connection is solid for only 5 mins and then it just drops. But, using a Windows PC, my connection is stable for a longer duration of my session. My clients have Windows PCs for the most part, but just a few have Macs and remote into their PC the connection. I can notice that it is not as stable as Windows PCs are. I would recommend that LogMeIn Pro engineers focus on their underlying base code to make the software stable for Macs.
- LogMeIn Pro is expensive-- For individuals and tech savvy folks who want to have their own LogMeIn Pro for their personal use, it will put a dent in your wallets. Their base cost starts off at upwards of $800 per year. For small business such as the company I work for, we have an yearly license which costs around 2k for up to 10 PCs . I would like LogMeIn Pro to have a "free" version where users can still use LogMeIn Pro but with limited features. Even if they limit the bandwidth I think it would work.
- With LogMeIn Pro I can resolve my clients' issues by accessing their remote desktop, which is secure and fast. LogMeIn Pro provides a good connection which is always reliable. My connections has dropped a few times and that is because of using a Mac, but in the end I am able to resolve issues much faster.
- Our clients are much happier since we started using LogMeIn Pro because we have gained trust with our clients. They are aware of their data being secured at all times and available to view right away when they need to. We have achieved this goal by using the Password manager call LastPass that is offered with LogMeIn Pro for up to 5 PCs. We have bolstered and secured our servers by using the password manager.
LogMeIn Pro, unlike their other competitors, has the fastest connection to a remote desktop connection and the bandwidth is always reliable (the connections have not dropped for the most part) which gives us the ability to complete tasks on time or ahead of time. Moreover, LogMeIn Pro has a simple UI, and a solid app that is always getting better and better via updates. Another reason why LogMeIn Pro stands out against its competitors is that it comes with a password manager with the software and I think no other remote desktop software out there offers that feature. LogMeIn Pro comes with a 1TB of file storage that is more than enough to run day to day operations without being concerned about storage space. Last but not least, once you use LogMeIn Pro you would not want to switch to other remote desktop software because of all the features and support it offers.
LogMeIn Pro is well suited for users who want to access a remote desktop to transfer files, troubleshoot server issues, and much more. LogMeIn Pro is very helpful in the corporate world where data transmits though servers from one connection to another. To keep those servers running at optimal capacity, there is always a need to access remote servers using a software like LogMeIn Pro. All in all, LogMeIn Pro is useful to users who need that connection to a remote desktop/server.