Teams offers easy implementation and quick adoption across organization
March 22, 2019

Teams offers easy implementation and quick adoption across organization

Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Teams

My entire organization adopted Teams as apart of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. Teams has helped to streamline communication and collaboration across different organizations and business units at my company.

Pros

• Teams is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform.
  • I enjoy being able to see my entire conversation history with an individual stakeholder or project team using the Chat feature.
  • I can use teams to share documents, edit files and collaborate with other stakeholders.

Cons

• While the tool is easy to use overall, editing within teams can be challenging as you don't have the same amount of functionality as you would if editing a document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) as you would when editing it outside of the Teams application.
  • Overall, I believe Teams has had a positive impact on my organization and has led to improved business process agility and outcomes.
Prior to adopting Teams, our organization used Slack. I think Teams has made big gains in recent years and now offers essentially the same functionality and services has Slack does. While I enjoyed using Slack, I have not seen a drop off in functionality or usability since switching to Teams and overall the feedback I have seen and heard around Teams has been positive.
Teams helps spur collaboration and enhance decision making for groups who may not all work in the same location. As a result, it improves business process agility and outcomes. I use Teams extensively to drive various programs I manage forward that involve various stakeholders across different organizations and locations to collaborate around shared initiatives. It also centralizes other features like chat, calls, files, calendar etc. into one application which streamlines work efforts and allows the user to leverage all these features without leaving the application and leveraging another tool.

Comments