Keep agile with Miro
February 11, 2022

Keep agile with Miro

I use Miro often in sprint plannings with teams who don't have the possibility to be in the same location or as right now everyone is in home office. Miro enables us to do sprint plannings just like putting cards up on a board in the office and everyone can participate and take part in it. We also use it to visualize more complex business tasks to the developers so that everyone understands the need for new demands. One feature I also like personally very much is that you can also use the writing feature with a Surface Device or iPad.
  • Enables everyone to take part, no one-way PowerPoint show.
  • Handwriting feature on surface or iPad.
  • Huge amount of templates to customise.
  • Support for embedding more file types, code snippets or videos a bit like Dropbox Paper.
  • Embedding in slack or teams.
  • The handwriting on the desktop app in windows is not as good as on the iPad.
  • Better understanding of requirements through visual communication.
  • Reduced meeting times.
  • Clear focus on planned work for a sprint.
I would recommend using Miro in the browser which is faster than the desktop app. Also if you use a Wacom tablet or so you should stick with the browser.
Integrations are there but if you work on bigger companies with centralized managed applications it is sometimes impossible to make use of the integrations.
Miro helped us to keep our regular Scrum Events alive in the current pandemic. Everyone feels involved just like at the board in our office and it will surely be still a part of our workflow when everyone is back in the office.

We played with different to tools but in the end preferred the visual style of communication and integration into existing tools and of course the ease of use.
I find it useful for nearly all Scrum Events to maintain a good level of visual communication and also that everyone can take part in it. I also shifted from PowerPoint because it gives me more space to work and is better suited for more complex topics. And for this current Covid Situation it is one of the best tools to hold team events where everyone is involved.