Miro, it's worth it!
February 24, 2022

Miro, it's worth it!

I use Miro for project planning, storyboarding, project assessment, and more generally as a way to visually organize various stages of a project. I find that I am using the space for both stakeholder collaboration and "just for me" to think through processes. Using Miro boards for collaborative work seems to have better results than a regular meeting that only relies on audio. (Fewer "crickets" when asking for input.)
  • Flowcharts
  • Templates
  • Training to use the platform.
  • Overall easy to use.
  • Sharing with team members and non-team members.
  • Zoom - I would love to be able to increase/decrease the zoom in increments of 1 (if it can do this already it is not obvious how).
  • Helped give a voice to everyone on the team.
  • Helped illustrate workflows.
  • Helps us get organized!
Before jumping in with a team, play around with it and get familiar with the basic tools. When you come together as a team, you can help folks get oriented.
We have integrated Miro with Microsoft Teams and it is really helpful to be able to quickly access the boards from that space.
For me, it has been invaluable. It had added a needed dimension to Zoom calls, where I can show as well as tell. It also helps get colleagues more engaged with project planning.

I definitely recommend Miro to anyone thinking about a collaboration tool. It is easy to use, has many excellent templates that are easy to modify, and makes creating flowcharts and timelines simple. I use it at all stages of a project but it is particularly helpful at the beginning when working with a team on the scope and details, and then again at the end when bringing everyone together to reflect on the success and challenges.