Student Teaching School Librarian Review
June 08, 2022

Student Teaching School Librarian Review

I've used Miro to help organize projects during my time in grad school and then as a student-teacher. I also have gotten to introduce Miro to high school educators during professional development. They were impressed by the possibilities for group and individual classwork and projects. They were excited to work on implementing Miro into their coursework. We looked at how they could use Miro for Hexagonal Thinking exercises, and Kanban boards to assist students who need a boost with executive functioning, timelines, mind maps, sticky notes, and presentations. We also talked about the ways for providing students with feedback along with some of the benefits of advanced attention management tools. Going forward I hope to continue to use Miro in my future library classroom. I've been delighted by how helpful Miro workshops are and how many resources they provide for those who are learning!
  • Customer Support
  • Workshops
  • Documentation
  • I want even more examples of how educators are using Miro with their students
  • Greater level of organization
  • Teachers were impressed that so much was housed in one space
Not at this time
I think that it could be more user-friendly. I learned a lot by attending a workshop, but not everyone will attend a workshop to more fully understand.
Teachers that I showed Miro to are very excited about the collaboration opportunities this will provide students on days when they have to work remotely- eg: snow days and other remote learning days.

I like that Miro has so many other features that can be used in addition to the sticky notes application. Miro also provides the ability to vote on stickies. You can also lock stickies and other features to keep students from editing things that you need to be fixed features.
Miro is well suited for brainstorming, planning, and organizing projects. I've not done much work with Miro for creating a final product project, I would be curious to see how that would go. I would love it if they had a better image bank within Miro more like Canva or Adobe Spark for creating without having to leave the program.