Great tool for product design and management.
November 15, 2022

Great tool for product design and management.

We use Miro for a bunch of reasons, from explaining something in a meeting to detailing a product release for our internal users. The main use cases for us are: facilitating product discovery and design critique meetings and maintaining the documentation right on the board. Organize User Story Maps, making it easier to structure the US and requirements before translating them for our DevOps tool. Use it as a whiteboard to sketch concepts and ideas.
  • Sketching
  • Structuring
  • Documenting
  • Reliability (sometimes the application breaks and I lose what I was writing).
  • Speed (larger boards takes too much time to render).
  • Sharing (sometimes it's hard to share just the board that I want with someone).
  • Improved organization as documentation tool.
  • Improved alignment between people.
  • Centralization as whiteboard tool.
I really haven't integrated Miro with anything else lately, and I can't skip this question.
It helped the organization by being the official tool for sketching. We use it to support product design and delivery process, documentation of initiatives, User story maps, and some other applications. It's a really important tool because all the work is remote, so we can't get together for creative sessions, critiques, retrospectives, and this kind of stuff,

Not sure

I guess Miro is the top of mind for me, I used some other tools, but none of them are fast, reliable, and easy to use as Miro. So I always prefer to use Miro on my daily tasks at work. The way we can personalize the shapes, grids, and sticky notes, the pre-built templates make the use really faster and more intuitive.
I guess Miro is well suited for a wide variety of product design and management scenarios, since it provides room for easy collaboration and organization. Documenting and mental modelling is awesome there because it's a huge whiteboard that we can put a lot of things together. A downside is the speed, if we want to build a board with a lot a information, it gets really slow to render.