Strong tool for individual or group brainstorms in a remote setting
November 16, 2022

Strong tool for individual or group brainstorms in a remote setting

I use Miro for two main purposes: 1) to synthesize all my data from research studies to help me spot trends, and 2) for team brainstorms. In each case, I like to create a board with different labeled boxes of categories and then bulk create post-its for those categories. For brainstorms, we use the voting tool and timer with music to help prioritize ideas. I've also used Miro's templates and the community created templates to inspire me on ways to use the tool and create my own custom boards.
  • Enables prioritization through secret voting and then highlighting the top ideas
  • Enables you to add ideas to a post-it and then move it around to different heads to sort through data
  • Enables delightful and easy collaboration in a remote-first setting
  • For someone to be able to edit the board, they need approval for a license from IT. This means you sometimes need to get a license for a once-off person or someone who rarely uses the tool which takes time and costs money. I wish it enabled more open editing like FigJam.
  • I wish it had the ability to label post-its with the author's name automatically.
  • I wish it had more shapes to create more interesting visuals and charts for use in Google Slides as well as the ability to export high-resolution versions of those visuals.
  • It has sped up my ability to synthesize data as a researcher
  • It has made brainstorming remotely more enjoyable and fruitful than in-person brainstorming ever was
  • It brings a level of fun/whimsy/joy to group activities that otherwise can feel like a chore
I don't I'm afraid.
I don't know but I'm being forced to give a response to proceed with this survey even though it says I can skip this question :/
It has made it easier, more fun, democratic, and more productive

It's much sleeker with more bells and whistles.
It works very well for group collaborations and for individual brainstorming. It's less ideal if you have a very large group where only some people have access to the tool.