Positive Experience
April 17, 2020

Positive Experience

Bryan Tavares | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Parallels Remote Application Server

We use Parallels Remote Application Server across the whole company and for quicker remote connections from China. The problem that I was experiencing was that when our employees in China tried to RDP into our servers in the USA, the screen would paint line by line. It was possible but it was slow. After hearing about Parallels 2X, I thought I would try. The user experience is much smoother and our users are very satisfied.
  • Just much faster than standard Microsoft RDP
  • Screen stopped freezing
  • I don't see any for our usage
  • For the money, it has been a great return on our investment
  • We don't have many licenses so the ROI was quickly met
It has been quite a while ago. I remember reading about it on the internet and decided to try it. We have used TightVNC and Dameware and they work but still a bit clunky. Dameware is the slower of these two.
We have not used on mobile devices
The application that our people are accessing from China to the USA are on Virtual HyperV servers. No issues.
We use on such a small scale that this does not come into play. Our connection from China to US is a dedicated MPLS line.
I have used support for licensing in the past and a couple of other small snafus and they have been able to get me up and running quickly.

Do you think Parallels Remote Application Server delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Parallels Remote Application Server's feature set?

Did Parallels Remote Application Server live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Parallels Remote Application Server go as expected?

Would you buy Parallels Remote Application Server again?

We just use it specifically for remote desktop from China to USA.