Projectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflow
https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementPlanview ProjectplaceUnspecified8.3279101
Brittany Alloway profile photo
October 08, 2018

Projectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflow

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Planview Projectplace

We are a single company using the product, but our team is all over the United States. We currently use Projectplace to manage the workflow of our publications across the editorial and the design departments. The cards and boards in Projectplace help us stay organized, on track, and gives us a great visual to see where each department and feature stands throughout the production process. The ability to assign cards to different users, leave notes, and start brainstorming conversations in each workspace is extremely beneficial and no other project management interface compares to that visual organizational aspect.
  • The boards are great for organizational purposes- and the visual aspect and drag and drop functionality is easy and efficient.
  • Creating different workspaces within our organization is a huge benefit of using Projectplace since we are a two-sided company (publishing and marketing/branding).
  • The card system is brilliant and makes moving along magazine elements from editorial to design departments flawless.
  • Some of the different views/stats seem a little cumbersome and overcrowd the dash
  • In a recent update the ability to drag and reorganize cards in the My Overview setting went away. The Group by dropdown is helpful, but I wish I was still able to rearrange the cards within each workspace/due date/etc.
  • With how I use Projectplace there aren't really a lot of cons!
  • Action items and tasks
  • Prioritize resources and workloads
  • Delegate work assignments
  • Share and review documents
I don't think I can stress enough the benefit of the boards and cards in Projectplace. The visual aspect alone is a huge benefit over other project management systems.
With my company, the collaboration happening within Projectplace is strictly inside-team only. But being able to manage tasks between our departments has made our communication and collaboration efforts effective and strong. Being a fully remote company, I don't think we would be able to thrive as much as we do with Projectplace.
  • Unfortunately I don't have any access to numbers or ROI stats, but the ease of day to day work with Projectplace is truly priceless.
The organizational structure (cards/boards), user interface (drag/drop/assigning tasks), and visual appeal of Projectplace are all major benefits. There is still a lot for my company/I to learn and utilize with Project Place, but I have heard from other users who have used Projectplace and then switched to other products say that the boards are definitely missed and are a huge asset to using Projectplace.
It is well suited for inter-department communication and organization. Whether for handing off pieces of a project (in my company's case magazine departments/features from editorial to design) or seeing the full scope of what is at which stage (using the bards).

Planview Projectplace Feature Ratings