Next Gen Project Management
June 26, 2018
Next Gen Project Management
Score 9 out of 10
- Project Management
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Because of all the benefits and basically for the time saving it will automatically link to specified modules to your previous ERP software. It is already configured like a cloud server, so you can instantly start uploading files to populate your project and keep track of everything.
We use Procore a lot. It is like a hub or a cloud server; it is quick and we can rely on it to manage major project management documents. We have migrated from our local server to Procore. As a construction company, we upload drawing sets which can be quickly seen and navigated through every device connected to the internet (iPhone, ipad, PC, laptop). We also upload and manage submittals, changeovers, and basically every aspect of a documentation that is required. So the main issue it addresses is to have the entire company connected. It has a completely designed interface which makes all processes easier. It is used across the whole organization. I mean, the bosses can have access to every file because they have a company admin profile, so they can track every document from their phones without any big IT configuration. It has a very handy tool to keep track of files and it automatically sends an e-mail when a document is edited.
- Works on the cloud and it is very well configured to be responsive and quick.
- You will have a very good customer service that will quickly help solve any issue. Also, you can get certified through their web videos and get an actual diploma as a certified Procore user.
- It can manage an entire project's documentation; you can keep track of files to receive notification when a file is updated.
- When uploading a drawing set it has an automatic title reader so it will name everything automatically. Maybe it will need minor tweaks but overall it recognizes the letters very well.
- You will need to pay a fee based on the size of the project.
- I think on the annotation side, the drawing section can be expanded to help to get a measurement summary to get a way to help with the takeoff.
- It will be great to be able to add an option that lets you see photos from a location in the drawing i.e. the kitchen countertop is being built and you want to keep track so people away from the site can see how it's going and be able to make notes and revisions if required. Also, it can keep track of the progress so it's possible to match schedules with images that will give the client more trust in the company.
- Sometimes I had problems with the revisions of a drawing which leads to double work when uploading and renaming the revisions.
Procore stacks up a lot when talking about being user-friendly; it has a very easy to understand interface which they are constantly improving. A very important fact is that it's very quick to implement because it has two important features, it's user-friendly and has very good customer service. It has a video tutorial so this eliminates all those barriers and the need for studying and any special certification to be able to understand how it works.
I think this is the main feature of Procore. You can quickly have all your team, associates, client, subcontractor, and people in the field connected "live". For your office team you will need to [set aside] a couple of days or a week to focus on the tutorial to obtain the free certifications online and with the customer service they can solve any doubt about the usage. So specifically we took one week for an in-house training and that quickly we get all the office up and running with the system. So it is amazing that in that short period of time you can set an office to work with a new tool and manage the project construction. It only will require a good connection in order to upload all the data seamlessly.
- We have saved tons of paper and if Procore improves the annotation and takeoff capabilities it will save more paper. We don't print entire sets of drawings anymore.
- The fact of the unlimited licenses for the project associates is amazing because it gives you freedom and connects all the members.
- After the initial investment, you will have a more efficient and direct workflow throughout the entire company, from client to subcontractors, and help with a reduction in operative expenses, paper, and time.
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Track cost impacts from the field
- Streamline financial reporting
- Simplify employee time tracking
Based on its cloud feature it makes the info accessible for anybody with an internet device. You can document job site conditions with your own phone app; same with a report on incidents. Procore links almost everything within the project, so that is the way it helps to achieve goals. It also has the ability to link to an ERP link to think every software. We used to do the ERP link to Sage and this gives the ability to track cost impact on the field and so on.
It is well suited when you have a big project. You don't want to mess with an IT outsourcing company to manage all the server configurations. Procore offers a complete framework already, where you can start uploading data and keep track of the desired items and files. It will give auto notifications of changes and it is very quick working on the cloud. Also, if you are working with a team that is in the field and another in the office, the connection is seamless.