Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online Advanced
- It is accessible.
- It integrates with banks.
- It integrates with credit cards
- It doesn't do as much as the desktop program.
- It costs too much.
- It takes longer to do things than the desktop version.
- It allows a client to track things by two categories
- It takes longer to accomplish simple tasks than the desktop version.
- It costs more than the desktop version, although, with the move to a subscription for desktop, the price of the desktop program might be as high as online.
We could use it right away, but it did take time to figure out the differences. I was disappointed that Intuit didn't include all of the features in the desktop program in the online program and didn't import all of the information from the desktop program.
We are able to access the data remotely easily. This and the ability to track in two categories might be the only reason to use the online program.
Do you think QuickBooks Online Advanced delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with QuickBooks Online Advanced's feature set?
Did QuickBooks Online Advanced live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of QuickBooks Online Advanced go as expected?
Would you buy QuickBooks Online Advanced again?
I am able to access client records from my office easily. The advanced version allows tracking from two different categories, ie, location, and class. It is so dumbed down that it often creates incorrect entries that need [to be corrected]. Printing things take way too many steps when compared to the desktop version.