QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 03, 2020

QuickBooks Advanced: The Priority Support Wins!

One of the companies I work for uses QuickBooks Online Advanced to manage the backend of a very busy retail store. Initially, we upgraded to this version for a higher user count, but we soon came to realize that there were many benefits to having the higher-level software. In tandem with more users came more granular control over who can do what, which enabled us to spread the duties out more effectively without granting permissions we did not want certain users to have. That is the primary benefit to this level of the software in my opinion.
  • User access control: for reasons previously specified.
  • Automation: we're able to automate a few key workflows that help remind the staff to get things done on schedule.
  • On-demand training via the Priority Circle has proven invaluable. Staff can learn things on their own without straining IT (me) or reaching out for immediate assistance for issues.
  • Price: People in the industry find QuickBooks to be expensive to start with and this version is the priciest.
  • Lack of inventory control and/or warehousing systems.
  • Lack of forecasting, which ties back to inventory. A lot of my customers look for these two things.
  • The need for constant paid addons to get some common things done.
If you need a highly robust account backend system and have limited time to provide staff training, then this version of QuickBooks is for you. Also, if you have limited IT support, the priority support is bundled right into this package so that is a huge sell point too. QuickBooks is the gold standard when it comes to integrations, so more than likely, if you need to integrate backend accounting with a front end system (like a website or an ERP/CRM program), QuickBooks will likely connect with minimal, if any, effort. Mix in very robust reporting and some elaborate automation processes, and you'll find you have a system that will serve your needs for years to come. In the reverse, if you simply need basic accounting without inventory or the need to have addons or integrations, try Wave Accounting, which is free and does most of the basic stuff very well.
We were already well versed with the plus version, so it was a simple flip of a switch to upgrade to the advanced. As for learning the new things, the Priority Access was super easy, there's a button right in the portal for that. as well as a published phone number for direct call-ins. Some of the automation took a minute to figure out and set up, but the ones we use like automatic invoicing, automatic PO creation on stock-outs, incoming payment applications, etc., work very well and save us a bunch of time.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Philippe Couillez | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 07, 2020

Quickbooks Online is a robust platform if you have accounting staff

Quickbooks was used by the back office of the business as well as by the parent company. The product was used for bookkeeping.
  • Easy book entries.
  • Simple and customizable reports.
  • Easy access online.
  • Not always easy to add accounts to the chart of accounts.
  • Confusing view of real time bank account.
Quickbooks Online is a very solid platform for small to medium businesses. Unlike some concurrent platforms, it is better to have a few bases in accounting to be able to navigate the platform easily. It is a very reliable product that is quite easy to use once you get accustomed to it. It provided a variety of reports and have granular security to allow you to delegate some tasks. Quickbooks Online does offer in-depth records for customers, vendors, products, and services that allow you to well document your business partners and offers.
Although the implementation is not too difficult, the assistance and the online help could go through a makeover. However, there is an important online user community that will be helpful if you encounter any issue. The online help can definitively be improved, and that is one of the few cons for using the platform.
Read Philippe Couillez's full review
Dan Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 03, 2020

My quick review of Quickbooks

I love everything, but what I think I love the best is that you can not only manage your business finances through this platform but also your personal finances. My Bookkeeper uses it and seems perfectly happy with the ease and effectiveness of the product. There seems to be ease in transmitting the data entered to my CPA.
  • Makes book keeping easy.
  • I can bill my clients electronically.
  • Makes taxes a breeze for my CPA during tax time.
  • I believe it could be more intuitive.
  • More help options on each screen.
It is easy to log in. Setup takes some time and but not too bad. Once set up it is very easy to allocate expenses and the add-on links to banks, credit cards, and my payroll system. It was very easy to setup. I love the fact that I can log in from anywhere to do business. Customer Service has been helpful when I got to them. However, the online version interaction with mobile devices is not as fluid as it should be. It can be quirky for viewing on my iPhone. Customer Service wait times can sometimes take a long time.
I have seen the online application improved with more useful features and user interface. I basically use the online version of QBO to send out invoices and keep track of business-related income and expenses. I particularly like how QBO syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send a single click reminder to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. QBO also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. Once QBO knows how you want to assign particular transactions, like business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use QBO to assign tags to different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how you're spending your money. QBO is very useful for giving me an estimation of my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.
Read Dan Gordon's full review
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2020

Managing your business with ease and remote accessibility

We use QuickBooks Online Advanced to manage all financial aspects of our business. From billing to tax prep, QuickBooks is the best way to manage recurring revenue and multiple vendors.
  • Manage Recurring Revenue
  • Maintain Vendor Billing Records
  • Support Accountant with Reporting
  • Would be nice to have a larger font size
  • Prefer buttons did not move around with upgrades
There is no better way to manage your business than with QuickBooks. Whether you are dealing with products or are service-based, QuickBooks Online Advanced provides the best intuitive software to manage your billing and predict trends and allocate expenses.
QuickBooks Online Advanced was easy to implement and continues to be easy to manage.
Read Darcy Knapp, MBA's full review
Eddie Brady | TrustRadius Reviewer

QuickBooks Online Advanced

We use QuickBooks Online Advanced to manage our organization's finances--from invoices, bills, payroll, checking, savings, to credit cards.
  • I like how it matches and categorizes my downloaded transactions from my checking and credit card accounts to existing transactions in QuickBooks.
  • The reports make end of the year tax reporting simple.
  • Generating 1099s for contractors is very simple.
  • Tracking income and expenses is a great experience with QuickBooks.
  • The navigation in the UI is a pain sometimes. When reviewing reports the "back button" does not always take you back but instead takes you to the Chart of Accounts screen, which is annoying.
  • The time tracking feature is limited and frustrating to use. When you make an edit it often erases your text and you have to re-enter it. For a better experience, you need another service like TSheets or Harvest that integrates with QuickBooks.
  • The cost of the service is a little high.
QuickBooks is great for managing your financial accounts. However, for other uses such as time entry and tracking projects the tool is not ideal.
QuickBooks Online Advanced was pretty easy to setup. We created accounts (checking, savings, credit card), vendors, bills, products. All of which were simple to create. The documentation is good and they do offer a service where a QuickBooks support person can help you set it up.
Read Eddie Brady's full review
Bill Combes | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2020

QuickBooks for a small business is a no-brainer!

No Time for Social uses QuickBooks Online Advanced to manage our entire company's books, clients, invoicing, and reporting. We run monthly recurring invoices for clients and utilize the merchant services that QuickBooks Online Advanced offers. This allows us to seamlessly run the company with minimal outside support. Our experience has been great with QuickBooks Online Advanced and I have used it since day one of starting No Time for Social.
  • Downloads from bank accounts to automate transactions
  • Processing payments for client invoices
  • Solid reporting with multiple reporting options
  • Having multiple credit cards under one credit card account is sometimes difficult to handle.
  • Memorized transactions can get a little annoying when they don't match up correctly.
QuickBooks Online Advanced is well suited for
  • Small to mid-sized business where the owner is running QuickBooks
  • Companies that do not have super complex clients - billing
I'm not sure about less suited for specific industries as I have not been able to experience the use of QuickBooks in another industry other than my small business. I've used it for 6 years and it has been great for our company.
I am self-trained and I went through the various QuickBooks training videos as well as training with my bookkeeper and also using other videos I was able to find on specific topics. Once I got the initial implementation completed it was easy to use and very intuitive. I do have some experience in accounting but not a lot so knowing that the system was just about dummy-proof was really helpful.
Read Bill Combes's full review
May 07, 2020

A perfect small business accounting solution

QuickBooks Online Advanced is being used by our entire organization. This software has been helpful with multiple facets of our monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting. It has also helped tremendously with managing our company's expenses, projects, and invoicing. It's provided our company with a centralized location for all of our financial information.
  • Ease of Use
  • Cloud Based Software
  • Two Step Verification for better security
  • Integrates both external and internal invoices
  • QuickBooks eco-system
  • Lack of communication from QuickBooks
  • Customer Support
  • Refresh Lags
  • Bank reconciliation mismatched items
QuickBooks is great for companies who aren't fully trained on accounting or who are having problems with running their company's finances. A user needs very little training to know exactly how the software works, and the software tutorials are easy to find and very helpful. If there is a technical issue with the software it can take quite a bit of time for it to be resolved since the customer support for QuickBooks is usually slow and sometimes unresponsive.
I was not a part of the setup process, but I can attest that the training process was fairly easy. I was able to start using the software effectively pretty quickly, and any questions or issues I had with the software could be answered by the help and information section included in the software.
May 01, 2020

QuickBooks Online Advanced Review

Quickbooks Online Advanced is used by our accounting and finance department at the Corporate office and also at several of our field offices. It allows our organization to effectively manage our books.
  • Manages inventory & finances.
  • Free online training.
  • Batch invoicing.
  • N/A
Well suited for anyone who wants P&L information quickly readily available.
I was not the individual who completed the implementation. The training process was great and I was able to use QuickBooks almost immediately.
April 30, 2020

QuickBooks is a great SMB accounting tool

QuickBooks Online Advanced is being used to do the bookkeeping for the bookkeeping customers that I have. I use it for each customer. We needed to chose software to do the bookkeeping and at this point, QuickBooks is a household name so my customers are comfortable with that as the software choice.
  • It imports a lot of transactions.
  • It is accessible from any computer.
  • It keeps the books organized and easily presentable.
  • The UI is a bit clunky.
  • Sometimes it is hard to find specific transactions.
  • There are not a lot of bulk actions you can do.
QuickBooks Online Advanced is well suited for any small business. It is easy to use and it has good integrations with other software that is needed to run a small business. It is not suited for medium to large businesses. If you need a team of accountants to run the accounting for an organization, this is not the best software to use. It lacks bulk-actions functionality and strong permissions.
Yes, it has been super easy to setup. Most of the time I was able to covert a QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online. When that happens the real work is getting all the plugins set up with the right passwords. But there is basically very little work to implement the product.

QuickBooks Online Advanced Scorecard Summary

API for custom integration (3)
Plug-ins (6)
Single sign-on capability (6)
Role-based user permissions (8)
Dashboards (8)
Multi-currency support (3)
Multi-division support (2)
Regulations compliance (2)
6.4
Electronic tax filing (4)
Self-service portal (7)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (3)
Intercompany Accounting (2)
Journals and Reconciliations (7)
Enterprise Accounting (3)
Configurable Accounting (5)
Centralized Rules Framework (2)
6.4
Standardized Processes (5)
Inventory tracking (5)
Pricing (3)
6.7
Order entry (3)
6.1
Credit card processing (6)

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is cloud-based, SaaS accounting software designed to simplify accounting for mid-size and growing businesses. QuickBooks Online Advanced includes all the core accounting features of QuickBooks – and is enhanced with tools like customizable business analytics, visual cashflow and revenue dashboards, custom user roles for 25 users, and online back-up and restore. Automated workflows and batch invoicing help to save time and reduce cost. The mobile app gives employees real-time data access across multiple locations, and mileage tracking. Premium care, on-demand training and 24/7 U.S.-based technical support is included with Priority Circle membership. Non promoted price is $150/month for up to 25 users, unlimited chart of accounts and classes & locations.