Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic SL1
ScienceLogic SL1 is being used across the entire organization. Throughout our implementation we were able to work with both Professional Services as well as support to work through some minor issues. I have always felt that working with our vendors as a partner is more beneficial for all parties. We are able to get access to more enginering resources which in turn help to move the product into a more beneficial direction for both us as a customer as well as a product for ScienceLogic.
- There is no other platform on the market that offers the flexibility as ScienceLogic.
- If you have a clear vision of where your organization wants to go, ScienceLogic gives you the platform and tools to make that happen.
- The rich feature set out of the box is excellent, and the customizations available through powerpacks and snippet data collection is extremely powerful.
- The lack of clear communication on upcoming features and additions to the product can be a little confusing at times, but they are working to improve this.
- The UI is a bit rough, however this is being addressed in an upcoming release.
- It is more adaptive for customer's needs.
- Proactive alerting/notification.
- Simple setup/installation process.
Yes - We wanted to replace BMC due to cost.
With other monitoring products, it has to be used with a client to view the current status of the infrastructure and not everyone could use it. With ScienceLogic SL1 everybody can access our monitoring portal via browser and customize all the needed views, reports and dashboards to their specific needs.
ScienceLogic SL1 can integrate with anything you can code by using the ScienceLogic Integration Service.
With ScienceLogic SL1, you can achieve almost anything, but some knowledge about SNMP calls, powershell, ssh, scripting, SOAP, etc. is a must.
Know what you are looking to achieve organizationally. This platform can take you many places so make sure you know where you want to go. Start small and simple. You can always expand into the more complex areas once you better understand the underpinnings of your business.