Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
I work for a large organization with multiple business units. Our PMO team often has to interface with multiple systems and processes and Smartsheet has been versatile and easy to use in such a varied environment.
- Easy to share with non-Smartsheet users for visibility and collaboration
- Just the right level of complexity. Anyone who has put together a project plan before can do this.
- Multiple ways of planning and displaying your project. Also easy to export to a pdf for historical or formal reasons.
- There may be a few features that would be nice to have a shortcut button for, like indenting / outdenting
- Allowed for quick processing and planning for project big and small. Quickly able to share a visual with clients to help facilitate decision making.
I have used both Daptiv and Project Insight within companies of 60-200 users. These definitely have their use a place in a organization that is prepared to adopt one system and commit to requiring all team members use it to collaborate with. Smartsheet has been a great tool for an environment where that is not possible but you still need to get a project plan created to keep the team on track.
Perfect for a Project Manager or teams of Project Managers who need to be flexible and adapt to other client and internal team process and systems. Not appropriate if you are looking for a true PPM system that tracks more than just individual plans.