Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
My team uses Smartsheet as a Project Management tool. It's an excellent and lightweight alternative to manage semi-complex projects. In our case, we use it to coordinate launching new products i.e. coordinating photography, content creation, pricing, etc. It is a centralized spot where my team can see the status of any new product to be launched.
- It's lightweight and accessible from anywhere
- Intuitive to anybody who has used Microsoft Excel before. It's sort of like Excel attached to a mail server, a database, and with more project management capabilities
- Uploading files to the database associated with your Smartsheet is a breeze. You can associate certain attachments with certain line items
- The lightweight nature of the program is also a downside. Microsoft Project is bulkier, but integrates more smoothly with the Office suite.
- Huge decrease in time to market on new products. We cut out entire weeks of project slack time
- The company's President can now see exactly where the project stands based on executive dashboards
- Reduced miscommunications about timeline expectations from product stakeholders and staff
We used the SmartSheet free trial and were deeply impressed. Microsoft Excel sitting on a mail server and database with automatic Gantt Charts was our dream. We could track expected vs. actual time to complete a task, view bottlenecks, and identify time savings visually. Basecamp was ultimately a little tough to figure out intuitively and Microsoft Project was overly heavy, as far as software goes.
Smartsheet is excellent software for small businesses and agile teams within large organizations alike. It's not overly expensive for the functionality you receive and sports an intuitive interface in a format that everybody is familiar with. I give it a nine instead of a ten only because the jump up into Enterprise and Premier pricing is quite large.
Do you think Smartsheet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Smartsheet's feature set?
Did Smartsheet live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Smartsheet go as expected?
Would you buy Smartsheet again?
I'd recommend it strongly. While I use it within an organization, I'd immediately sign up for the basic version if I started my own startup tomorrow. If you're onboarding clients, you can give them visibility into the project so they know where they stand. The notification and project update functionality is invaluable.