Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
SmartSheet is used in several different aspects of project management. We track financial status as well as operational status in separate sheets, and use reports and dashboards to mash-up and report on the data in a consolidated view. It is used in a variety of departments, but not across the entire organization. Use is mostly centralized within project managers, account managers, and service directors. It primarily solves client-facing collaboration issues in project management. We have internal tools for tracking our projects, but SmartSheet gives us a simple, concise way to share and collaborate with our clients using data from our other internal systems.
- Cross-team collaboration - Sharing with internal resources and external contacts is easy and permissions are clear.
- Live on-demand reporting - If your data lives in SmartSheet, or in a location that is accessible from SmartSheet, your dashboards are always available.
- Dashboard widgets are somewhat limited. There are enough options to be functional, but it is not an exhaustive list of widgets available for use.
- Workspaces and individual files can't be used in tandem. You must choose one or the other for the storage of your sheet.
- SmartSheet has improved my client engagement and interactions, resulting in better relationships, which translates to a higher renewal rate.
- SmartSheet has improved my project tracking and collaboration, allowing us to complete projects on time and within budget.
The dynamic nature of SmartSheet can do the same things as the other tools I've used (Trello, Asana, Basecamp, etc.), but you are not locked into a single methodology or format. You have the flexibility to create the type of project tracking tool that works best for your situation. Reporting and dashboards make sharing simple by stripping out only relevant or shareable information for external parties, while still maintaining all of the mission-critical data on the back-end that you need to operate.
I have not had many instances to use SmartSheet support. The few interactions I have had have been helpful, but I don't have much to go off of in this category. Maybe that's a good thing if I've been using the tool for 2 years and haven't really had to reach out to support very often?
Do you think Smartsheet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Smartsheet's feature set?
Did Smartsheet live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Smartsheet go as expected?
Would you buy Smartsheet again?
I often recommend SmartSheet to other colleagues. Its dynamic nature makes it very easy to adapt to your particular needs and style. Because it supports formulas, you can adapt many types of Excel sheets to use in SmartSheet, but it is capable of so much more than that. The collaborative sharing functions work great and the cloud-hosted platform is reliable and provides a consistent experience.