Automations, Forms, Triggers, yes it is Smart
Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
We use it to integrate it with Power BI to have live dashboard basis information input by users for live tracking.
- Can connect with multiple software.
- Forms and the Automation workflows which can be integrated with other Microsoft services.
- Can be connected directly to Power BI.
- It gives the user the ability to create formulae.
- SSO level Enterprise security.
- One can easily import an Excel to start with Smartsheet and export as well.
- Inter-connectivity between different smart sheets.
- A lot of In-built templates are already there for users help.
- One can create separate Workspaces and provide access to different people.
- A nice collaboration tool with controlled access.
- One can easily check that the row count is significantly less than Excel hence data with significantly less number of observations can be created.
- If you have created a workspace, you can't give individual access without providing access to the entire workspace. For e.g., I have two files in my workspace, and I want user ABC to have access to the first file and user XYZ to have access to the second file. I can't do that.
- You cannot attach any item in an automated workflow. The observations go as a table in the body of the email.
- Real time Multi-user edit is a pain for all collaboration tools and Smartsheet is no exception.
- Improved time delay.
- Reduced brainstorming sessions.
- Improved visibility on tasks/leaves/activities/ideas/projects.
- Timely triggers to remind tasks.
Do you think Smartsheet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Smartsheet's feature set?
Did Smartsheet live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Smartsheet go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Smartsheet again?
I generally use Smartsheet where I need to work with less data. Generally, for documenting projects or maintaining process trackers. This tool serves really good if you have to remind other teams to input the data at a particular time of the month/week/fortnight or any other frequency. One can create a requisition form so no one has to rely upon Outlook where one can never audit old items. It is more transparent, and the entire world knows what the team is working on.
I used it for some projects, too, because it has Gantt template. Also, managing the team's leaves is a piece of cake with the help of Smartsheet.
I would say, wherever you have to collaborate, and the data is less, you can use it.