Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop SOS
I own and operate a small web hosting and domain name business, as well as a freelance graphic and web design business. I utilize remote access for online training as well as assisting clients with managing their websites and setting up email accounts on their devices. It has been particularly useful since the COVID-19 pandemic, allowing me to assist clients without leaving the office.
- Simplicity and overall ease-of-use for end-clients, even those with limited technical knowledge or experience.
- Offers my business all the tools I need at an affordable and competitive price for a small business owner.
- Easy white-label customization with my own logo and colors.
- When using Splashtop SOS through the browser, you have the option of creating custom installer packages which can be white-labelled/branded with your logo, company name, and colors. Whilst it is possible to manually share the link to these custom installer packages, there currently does not appear to be a way to share those links directly from the desktop app. The Invite User option only provides a link to the default Splashtop SOS installer package.
- Dedicated management apps for my devices.
- Customizable white-label support app, which works across multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, mobile)
- Ability to drag and drop files between local and remote machines.
- On average, Splashtop SOS has cut down the amount of time spent providing support to end-users by as much as 60%. The ease of access and user-friendly design of the client-facing app means considerably less time spent on walking the client through the setup of the remote support client. With just two clicks from the end-user, I can be connected remotely to their workstation, whether it is a PC or a Mac.
After evaluating several possible remote support products, Splashtop SOS represented the best value for money to a small business owner. This was largely due to its tiered licensing structure, with the base Splashtop SOS solution providing all the features I needed. This provided a much lower cost of entry than its competitors since I am only paying for the features I need. The licensing is scalable, allowing me to upgrade later if my business needs change in the future. Although I currently do not have a requirement for unattended access, the next license tier is still considerably more affordable than other software solutions.
Do you think Splashtop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Splashtop's feature set?
Did Splashtop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Splashtop go as expected?
Would you buy Splashtop again?
My business currently doesn't have a need for unattended access, with support sessions typically being a one-time service that I provide. This is usually assisting clients with email setup, or training a new website owner on how to manage their site. The Splashtop SOS tiered software licensing structure means that I only pay for the features I need. But there is also the flexibility of being able to upgrade at any time in the future if my requirements change.