November 05, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
TeamViewer is a fantastic tool that provides remote access capabilities. We are currently using this tool in our environment to manage servers remotely and provide remote desktop support to users outside the organization. It addresses the problem of not having to be physically in front of the server or workstation to perform daily maintenance and tasks.
- Access and control computers remotely
- File sharing
- Perhaps another feature that would be beneficial would be to allow FTP file transfer.
- Provide volume licensing for small businesses.
- Some of the provisioning connection servers are outside US. This makes it difficult to connect to networks that have strict firewall rules.
- The product meets our strategic goals from a remote management perspective
- ROI is based on the amount of time saved on managing systems remotely vs onsite which reduces resources including travel time, etc.
It's most practical when you need to connect to a system where there are no firewall restrictions and\or limitations. Some organizations don't allow IPs from outside the US from an unknown location and the remote connection can be blocked if not configured properly under the proxy settings.