High quality remote access tool you can depend on.
December 08, 2018

High quality remote access tool you can depend on.

Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer

I often travel for work and a consistent challenge I would face (if not for TeamViewer) is that my work and productivity would be split between multiple computers when I worked off site or from home. TeamViewer gives me a very acceptable solution to that problem. I have this running on both my work computer and my MacBook which I use when I travel. There are times when I absolutely need access to my work PC when I am travelling and I love that I can reliably depend on having access to it thanks to TeamViewer. All I have to do is to launch the application and select my PC and I am immediately connected to it with full access letting me use my local files and software that only work on our Intranet.

Pros

• It works without needing someone to be there to connect you to the PC.
  • It works across platforms. I use it on a MacBook and a Windows PC and it works between both absolutely flawlessly.
  • It is very high quality and I can't remember the last time I had a problem with it.
  • It also launches automatically so even if one of my computers get restarted, I can still count on it being active to get me access.

Cons

• It can be a little difficult to use if I am working off a slow internet connection (doesn't work so well with Starbucks Wifi).
  • It increases individual productivity since as long as you have an internet connection, it is as good as being in the office.
  • Allows access to your local files and intranet software.
TeamViewer is probably more dependable than the other software I tried. I had some issues with all the alternatives I tested but TeamViewer ran the best with almost no issues. I also liked that the free version can act as a trial if you are looking to test things out. It is a little bit more expensive than the alternatives though but you are paying for excellent quality and that money is worth it.
You can install it and leave it running and you will always have access to that computer as long as you make sure that it doesn't go to sleep or shuts down. So if you travel a lot or work from different locations then this is really good to have.

However if your office IT strictly controls the traffic you may have problems getting this to run properly. I had to get my IT team to set it up specially.

TeamViewer Feature Ratings