Overall Satisfaction with Trello
Trello is used as a task management tool. The boards are used to create tasks and subdivide them into tasks that people complete. It helps keep many projects at the forefront much better than a list. Currently, it is only used by my department and the volunteers with me. Furthermore, we can divide people into teams to work on tasks. The user interface is great.
- It keeps all boards in the forefront.
- It's making it easy to navigate boards.
- Mobile and Desktop use is key.
- Trello could use time tracking, but it's not necessary.
- Trello could add some charts and graphs.
- Some way to point to everything that has been completed would be nice as well.
- Trello has helped keep tasks alive by keeping them accessible.
- Trello has help work get done in and out of the office.
Trello is very easy to use. It is intuitive to anyone who has used a touch screen or smartphone. The boards are appealing visually and easy to work with. It makes task completion "fun." Users at different levels can use it and come out on the same page. It is a smooth tool.
I have not had to use support from Trello yet. However, I do see that it has a couple of spots to contact them. They do not hide their contact information. Additionally, the emails they send out are helpful and may help people avoid the need for support. I can't give them a 10 out of 10 because I haven't used it.
Trello works very well as a task tool. It works great when a person or team has a goal and needs to take steps to meet those goals. It also works well because it can be used in the office or on the go. It may not work if time needs to be tracked or if project reports need to be created.