Great Program For Offices With Remote Staff
November 06, 2019
Great Program For Offices With Remote Staff
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TSheets
T Sheets is the timekeeping system that we use throughout our organization. All employees use it. It’s great for our needs as an event planning company, as it allows users to clock in on a computer or remotely. At each of our off-site events, a designated manager can clock employees in and out using their mobile app. Additionally, the app tracks the location of any user who uses it on their personal device, so any employee who has an offsite meeting can use it to log their time – and managers can view where the employee is when they are clocked in using the app, so we can ensure that all employees are where they say they are going to be when they clock in for a remote activity.
- Support (their help desk team is incredibly helpful and always quick to respond).
- Ease of access and use (the app is user-friendly an intuitive, and the desktop version is equally as approachable).
- Manager functionality (it's useful to be able to clock employees in and out at multiple events on the same day by sorting them into different groups by manager/event).
- GPS tracking (sometimes the GPS will drop a pin that's not particularly close to where the employee was at the time of clocking in/out).
- Mobile efficiency (it's a bit of a battery drainer, the app - it's hard to make it through a full event without my phone completely dying).
- Updates (I feel like the website is constantly undergoing updates that make it impossible to log in. It happens frequently enough that I've noticed it - so maybe fewer, larger updates during non-standard business hours).
- I wish there was a way to view vacation and sick hours on T Sheets - though this may just be missing because our Controller hasn't plugged them in.
- Helps to ensure that employees are being held accountable for their clocked in time and allows us to clock them out if we see they're not where they say they are, saving us money.
- Decreases time our staffing coordinator has to spend on inputting times after events - when managers can clock staff in and out during the event, it allows our staffing coordinator to use their office time more effectively.
TSheets just seemed like the best bang for our buck. It had all the resources we were looking for, great reviews online, and the best customer service out of all of the options we researched. It was important to us to find a program that would be able to smoothly integrate several different events with multiple staff members into one program that wouldn't glitch out on us during an event, and that would be easily transferrable into a spreadsheet for payroll purposes. TSheets was able to do all of this for us and was user-friendly. Because most of the managers we use are on-call staff, we needed a program that would be extremely easy to explain to non full-time staff, and TSheets ended up being the program that we felt would be the easiest to explain to our on-call staff and to be able to use on a consistent basis for all of the events that we do during our busy season.
Their customer service is great. They're always available and usually answer questions fairly quickly and with a good amount of detail. Instead of just sending inquiries to a link to their website, they're good about answering questions like actual humans - and addressing your specific question instead of just giving a generic answer. They're friendly, patient, and have always been available whenever I've had a question. The site itself is very intuitive, but whenever there's an issue, they're ready and willing to help.
Do you think QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets)'s feature set?
Did QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) again?
It's great for any company that has employees who work remotely. It's nice to be able to see exactly where everyone is when they're clocked in (especially when you have many different events happening at the same time on the same date). It also allows you to put in notes to each of your logs, so it's a very easy way to track which employees worked which event(s) on any given day. The back end of the website is also very user-friendly and allows for manual timekeeping by our staffing coordinator. She is able to go in after the fact and easily edit times and notes for each employee. It may not be the best program if all staff is in-house and never ventures out - I can't see a use for the mobile app portion of the program for a company that works strictly from a central office. However, if you're managing a lot of remote employees and want to make sure they're where they say they are, it's a really smart program to use.