Overall Satisfaction with Vidyard
Our organization uses Vidyard to provide better branding, calls to action, video watch analytics in marketing efforts, and to enable better sales conversations with all of the above. It is primarily used by individuals from the marketing team for emails, pushing to other video platforms, and website embeds, and by sales who record and send videos themselves.
- Calls to action before, during, or after the video.
- Animated thumbnail previews.
- View notifications and analytics.
- Their custom branded watch pages could have more size options.
- Their integration with HubSpot, YouTube, and others could be improved.
- Not all types of web pages can be recorded.
- People like friendly animated .gifs.
- Easy to record and share.
- People open emails and respond more.
I've used Loom which was fine. Not a tremendous difference that I could tell you about. I've only used the free version of Loom.
Do you think Vidyard delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vidyard's feature set?
Did Vidyard live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Vidyard go as expected?
Would you buy Vidyard again?
Vidyard is great for an easy-to-use chrome extension for recording, sharing, and tracking videos. It's helpful for demos, training, and just sending friendly, personal, asynchronous video communication - especially when a screen share is involved. I like it because I can click to activate my chrome browser extension to start recording, then send over an animated thumbnail of my recording in minutes. Then, people can watch at their leisure instead of scheduling time to video chat together.