Just an honest review about VWOhttps://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingVWOUnspecified7.71731012019-03-01T17:31:13.872Z
March 01, 2019
Just an honest review about VWO
Score 2 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with VWO
It is currently being used by CRO and UX department, it's main focus is to AB test.
- Allows split testing
- Allows any traffic split
- Allows segmentation
- Horrible usability - the navigation within each account is quite something, not clear where you find certain features, imagine someone using it daily and having to deal with these issues - it's really a perfect recipe to ruin anyone's day.
- The reporting isn't great either, it's difficult to understand how VWO reports as it never matches up with data in other platforms i.e. GA.
- Another issue is related to the glitches and bug fixing, sometimes VWO agents don't have an answer and it can be frustrating.
- Site speed - it can negatively affect the website and user experience, however not much has been done about it over the last few years.
- MVT testing is too complex and in many ways impossible to actually execute.
- It has certainly contributed to generating/helping generate revenue for our clients.
It's an exaggerated and sugar-coated statement, while VWO is a good platform, in no way it allows to test hundreds of changes simultaneously before causing issues, bugs, problems which normally result in more time spent trying to work things out. It would be beneficial to improve the troubleshooting system or even come up with a good system which would enable users to better understand how to fix issues.
Again, I would think that (based on experience) it's not that easy to set the content to be personalised and specific to visitor segments. We have certainly tried this function however it does have it's limited functions and the segments you create don't always work.
It's a good feature but let's be honest, it always beaks the dynamic content. Sometimes we would experience issues with changing the imagery, it has to be all uploaded on VWO before being able to use however it's not always possible so it can create some friction when trying to set up some testing.