Reviews (1-25 of 116)
- Qubit provides a platform to quickly implement ideas for functionality and gives summarised results to validate (or invalidate) UX theories.
- Qubit allows relatively easy segmentation of our audience so that we are able to conditionally affect our site for visitors.
- Qubit offers a mix of simple and advanced tests that can range between very broad segments of our audience and extremely specific ones if necessary. We often use simple experiences to serve time-limited features onsite.
- Some of the reporting within Qubit has been overly simplified in the past, a point they are continually addressing.
- At times the syntax of experience (test) creation can be specific to Qubit and so there is a slight learning curve for developers.
- Unless developers have much time to allocate to creating tests in Qubit, marketers may potentially find simple tests limited. I would recommend having someone in-house as we do.
- Qubit's entire team is extremely responsive. My representatives responded to questions and requests quickly both during and after business hours. They understood our needs and prioritized appropriately to deal with urgent and emergency issues.
- Qubit's creative and UI/UX resources were very effective at providing content and matching the look and feel of our existing experience without impacting our teams. They responded quickly to change requests and did everything in their power to make sure the finished product matched our shared vision.
- Qubit excels at providing ideas and insights that drive great tests. We ran several very successful tests based on their recommendations, and when we saw unexpected results, they helped us understand the behavior we were seeing. They recognized the unique challenges of our business and focused on addressing those issues rather than providing us with boilerplate suggestions.
- Our biggest challenge with Qubit was around integrating with our existing analytics tools. Qubit offers robust solutions designed to work in concert with their testing tools, but working with other solutions can be complex and occasionally frustrating.
- Qubit was able to offer integration with our commerce platform, but we were never able to align from a technical perspective. This may have been more of a problem with the customization built on top of our platform; still, it did leave us with some limitations.
- Qubit provides some really cool tools that we never got to take advantage of during our contract. I think we would have benefited a lot from getting better calibration and training on all the customer facing tools at the outset.
Using Qubit allows us to quickly test new ideas; helps us make important design decisions; gives us a better understanding of what influences buying behaviour, helps steer our development roadmap and most importantly, improves overall conversion.
- Great A/B test ideas based on both quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- The Qubit consultants and engineers we have worked with have an excellent 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent communication and clarity on test results.
- There is room for improvement on the velocity of getting new tests developed and QA'd.
- I would like to see improvements to the exit survey interface to make it easier to flag, categorise and disseminate feedback to different areas in the business.
- Depending on the test/experience it can add extra weight to page load times and cause 'flicker'.
- Split testing - Making analytical based decisions on results of split testing has been vital over the last 18 months, and will continue to shape the way we work.
- Data - The amount of data Qubit captures is still overwhelming to see, more support could be offered in what we use this with, and how to manipulate, but it easy to see the size and range of what is collected.
- Decision making - When your results become concrete Qubit breaks your results down into key metrics, this is massively useful when making a decision on your next steps.
- Reporting - Cannot cross-pollinate your results into customer segments on the site.
- Easy editor - Although great for desktop, mobile and tablet hasn't been thought about, in a mobile first world this should start to become a priority.
- Loading of tests - Even when our pixel is implemented sync or async the test will always load after the page is completely loaded. This does put some doubt into results.
It may not be appropriate on parts of your website with smaller traffic, as your results may never reach significance.
- The feedback and help received from Qubit is one of their best aspects. At any point during the creation of tests, if I had any concerns or queries I could contact someone from Qubit and expect a reply within the hour.
- The ease and speed in which using the tools Qubit provide became second nature. Everything you've come to expect from an IDE packed into a browser window, from intellisense to SASS compiling.
- The documenation regarding the Deliver and Opentag services is sometimes lacking. If it does exist then it isn't usually enough for a beginner to get started with.
- The simple mode within Qubit Delivery could do with slightly more to it than it currently provides. Being able to create prebuilt elements that can be used in simple mode would be beneficial. At the moment these premade elements are limited to a few that fit only very niche requirements.
2. A/B build and reporting
3. Implementing onsite content / merchandising where we cannot access via our CMS
4. Onsite personalisation experience management
We use Qubit solely within the Marketing department as this team is responsible for onsite content, UX and of course marketing/merchandising activity.
- Being able to inject content into the exact places you want, and further target segments/devices etc. easily.
- Now that we've got our UV setup correctly, it's very powerful in its ability to target users, and pinpoint experiences without limitation.
- Capturing exit survey content and details in one place is very useful.
- Reporting could be improved, providing more stats such as projected value calculation, clicks, impact from other experiences live etc.
- Content production should be a hybrid of Basic (full GUI view) and Expert (only code view). We should be able to access the HTML/CSS and write this ourselves, letting the system manage the JS. Also, content production should be responsive - allowing us to build experiences for Mobile and Desktop in one experience.
- Qubit engineering and QA takes a long time to turn around. We should be looking at days rather than weeks.
- Setting a go-live and end dates to experiences would be really useful!
- Market sector and industry knowledge. Using this, they have given us some excellent advice of what experiences to try, and using the data they gather from all clients are able to provide continual feedback and suggestions. This is a a credit to the staff they have exposed us to.
- The platform performs amazingly well. We have almost zero issues or downtime in the time we have been using them.
- Web experiences produced by Qubit always come out at a very high standard.
- Guidance / training on how we can run our own experiences if we have the resources.
However, while a low traffic retail site would still benefit from many of the other features of Qubit, it's less appropriate for any other type of website where the goals are harder or impossible to track.
- Ease of use
- Knowledgeable support resources
- Super low time to market for experiences
- Missing: Industry suggestions for new experiences, suggestion of goals for existing experiences
- Missing: Email preview links functionality
- Missing: Enhanced design tool to do basic design related experiences on Qubit itself
Not appropriate: Heavy front end changes
- We’ve been using Qubit for over 2 years. They are easily up there with the very best of all our suppliers. I love the fact that the tool allows us the ability to test out new ideas without tying up IT resource or incurring costs from external development agencies.
- In addition to offering intuitive and user friendly technology, the support team behind the solution is excellent. They are a constant source of new ideas and suggestions and are absolutely committed to helping us achieve our business objectives.
- Qubit have continually improved their technology since we've been using them. At the moment I can't think of any areas for improvement.
- The team is strategic and gives great advise and direction.
- The back-end system is easy to use and manage.
- There should be more templates so that people without HTML skills or knowledge can create tests. I do believe this is being developed.
- Good functionality, team of engineers and designers on board - feels like you're in expert hands.
- Advanced functionality with endless possibilities.
- Good account management set up means you'll always have a contact, training and ongoing support.
- Cheaper packages or discounts on additional modules for existing and loyal users.
- Faster speed - often we're restricted on the timelines and queues with engineers and can only run a test a time.
- High staff turnover - not ideal for daily contacts and relationship building.
- Ideal for both advanced and non advanced users
- Could include more programming features for advanced users
- Could improve platform performance
- Could have better integration with third parties
By being able to test solutions to different problems that we identify, as wall as try out new ideas, Qubit helps us to minimise risk and ensure that we not only increase our profits but also, and more importantly, deliver the best experience for our customers.
- The testing platform itself is continually evolving. This means that we are always able to try new ideas as well as quickly and efficiently put others into practice.
- The beta programme and the additional functionality products are both exciting to see as well as ensuring we can cherry pick the functionality we need. This means that we don't end up paying for functionality we don't need
- While they do work very closely with us, especially our success manager, more involvement on a technical level or a dedicated engineer, would be a great advantage. We develop a lot of experiences in house and, like all companies that dev in house, we have our own way of working. A dedicated engineer that got to know us better as well and understood how we work could only help. Sometimes, a few errors can get through QA due to this.
- A/B tests for front-end related changes.
- Complex experience personalisation (requiring coding).
- Complex management of segments.
- DIY/Marketing-friendly personalisation.
- Multi-variate test or complex test setup.
- Programmatic experiences.
- Account management is fantastic, and you are always kept aware on the progress of tasks.
- Qubit is not afraid to make suggestions/recommendations to your ideas to further improve them rather than just accept your initial ideas without question.
- Website event tracking has proved extremely useful for our analysis.
- I have experienced multiple glitches with the simple mode editor.
- Tests sometimes take a while to build and QA although they always try to prioritise based on your feedback.
- Website A/B testing,
- Event tracking
- Specific analysis of users' on-site behaviour
- An overall analytics platform
- The system is easy to use and understand, the statistical output has been customised to be understandable for someone with a low knowledge of inferential statistics.
- Customer support for Qubit is very strong dependent on your contractual situation with them but the staff are happy to provide training and advice, generally at no extra cost.
- The tagging solution is highly functional and does not appear to cause any faults on the site.
- The price can be very high considering alternatives.
- There is little flexibility in terms of designing your own tests. It doesn't do particularly well with multivariate testing.
- The back-end statistics have to be pulled from the Qubit offices for items such as by browser, OS, device type etc. rather than being made available to the user.
It is also great for making in-day changes and showing different content to different types of customers
I wouldn't recommend it if you wanted to do only testing or only personalisation - it works best and is most cost effective when doing both together
- Qubit platform uses solid testing algorithms and delivers reliable reporting and analytics of testing campaigns. The dashboard section is easy to use and provides a good high level overview of the core campaign metric performances.
- On-boarding and implementation of Qubit technology was painless and well handed throughout the entire process even with more complicated platforms.
- Turn-around time for development and testing of campaigns is extremely fast. This enables the business to have a much higher throughput of tests and allows for quick validation of ideas rather than having to wait for months before a test is ready to go live on production site.
- Self-serve tool is very basic and does not allow simple text changes or basic CSS modification of existing elements on a page. There is always a balance between reliability of code vs features of the editor, however it would be nice to have more basic editing options available in the visual campaign builder.
- It would be nice to have more options to segment the analytics in the reporting tool. Qubit has now introduced full export of the data via their insights section via CSV which allows further analysis. Other providers offer the option to segment via technology (browser/device) or visitor attributes right within their basic reporting tool which is a nice way or drilling down large amounts of data.
- Communication - Qubit is awesome at communicating with their clients. We have weekly calls and communication via email pretty regularly. They provide honest and helpful feedback and have yet to lead us astray.
- Making Suggestions - Qubit does a great job of suggesting types of tests to run based on our particular customer. They are also very open to hearing our thoughts and opinions as to tests we'd like to run; they provide feedback as well as the best means of execution.
- Deliverability - Qubit delivers when they say they will, and if anything is ever delayed, they make sure to communicate it.
- Decipher can be a little overwhelming. Maybe providing more training here would be helpful - then again maybe that's just me since I'm not in there everyday!
- It works well across responsive platforms.
- It can build bespoke and targeted experiences for customer segments and display relevant content in order to increase conversion.
- From a customer's perspective, all Qubit experiences are implemented in the style of your website; the customer journey remains seamless.
- They struggle to juggle our international and UK workload simultaneously. The UK often takes precedence because it is a larger proportion of our traffic.
- It can take too long to update experiences - but we are an inpatient brand!
- Excellent support from the Qubit team.
- Qubit is a very data-driven platform that allows sophisticated segmentation.
- The platform is constantly updated.
- There is no ability to switch between simple and custom build modes.
- There is no insight into the full data set without extra plugins.
- Qubit requieres extra work to match the Tealium data layer to the Qubit one.
- They offer a comprehensive product that utilizes cutting edge technology and allows their clients access to data and personalization capabilities that we otherwise would be lacking.
- Their strategists are extremely knowledgable about the industry and provide great ideas and recommendations for your business.
- They have a talented team of engineers within their professional services team that can build out experiences or perform QA if you opt to take more of a self-service approach.
- They are juggling multiple clients, so sometimes responses are delayed or SLAs are missed.
Qubit is well suited for companies that not only want access to data, but are also truly willing and able to take meaningful action based upon these insights. Qubit allows you to capture so many events and segment your customers in many different ways, but it is really only worthwhile if you are able to then take action and actually utilize these insights.
- The A/B testing is good as it is so quick and easy to set up and see results - a custom A/B testing framework can be very complex to set up but this requires little development expertise to get meaningful output with.
- Script management is really useful - no more development requests to try out a new tracking script.
- To be fair Qubit have improved the UI greatly over the last year or so but previously it was very easy to make mistakes and publish to the wrong site.
- It feels slightly bizarre having to type "PUBLISH" into a box every time you want to publish to your live site - a double check is very sensible but this one feels a bit strange - it works though.
- You can run multiple tests at the same time.
- It's a web app so it can be accessed from anywhere.
- It's lacking version control for the markup.
- More detailed guide for developers with up to date examples would be nice.
- There are no clear standards of coding up the experiences so quite often you need to try different ones.
I wouldn't recommend it for long term fixes or pieces of functionality that should be implemented on the back end side. Also, the load time can be an issue in some instances.
Qubit Scorecard Summary
Data is collected using Qubit’s own QProtocol data layer, or by integrating the user’s existing model via our API. Quantitative visitor behavioral data is combined with qualitative visitor feedback and ingested data from Qubit users' other systems of record enabling them to identify areas of the site and customer groups to optimize and target with personalization experiences.
Users can A/B test any changes to their site using Qubit, and the user interface lets them know what the test results are.
Qubit Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||45%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||50%|
Qubit Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||UK, USA, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy|
|Supported Languages:||Our service can process all major languages|