Woopra - Great Analytics for SaaS Product Managershttps://www.trustradius.com/data-analytics-and-bi-servicesWoopraUnspecified8191012016-10-13T22:15:04.241Z
October 13, 2016
Woopra - Great Analytics for SaaS Product Managers
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Woopra
We implemented Woopra as our web analytics solution at a B2B SaaS company. We wanted to be able to track customers through their full lifecycle, from the first visit to the website, to lead, to customer and active user. A key requirement was to be able to identify individual users in real time for the purposes of funneling "Product Qualified Leads" from our freemium product to the dSales development reps. Once converted, we also wanted to understand product and feature usage on an account by account basis, to understand how they were driving revenue.
- Woopra tracks *individual users and customer accounts*. It cannot be understated how important this is. Google Analytics and other low cost solutions only sample users and provide aggregate data. For enterprise sales, this is critical. Likewise, for product managers trying to segment product usage by types of accounts, this is incredibly useful.
- Woopra updates user analytics in real time. This is critical in a sales context as you want to be able to follow up quickly on opportunities. Likewise, it is useful for customer success as they can see usage in real time for an individual they are supporting.
- Woopra has the most turnkey integrations of any web analytics solution on the market. By far the most useful are Marketo, Salesforce, and Slack, but there are several more we didn't tap into. While any solution worth its salt has an API, Woopra's integrations usually require a login and/or API key, and you are good to go. Here is the current list: https://www.woopra.com/appconnect/.
- Woopra enables B2B product managers to track product and feature usage by revenue, not just clicks. Again, in a B2B context, this is critical, as there are high-value users and low-value users. Knowing the difference is critical.
- Woopra's implementation is super simple. We were able to set it up with a couple of hours of one frontend developer and some help from our product intern.
- The current version of the product does not have the easiest setup and visualization for custom reports and dashboards. Not a blocker to usage, just not as easy as it should be. A major update is in the works as of this review, though, so check the latest release. The team is very responsive to user feedback, so most of the usability nits should be resolved with this update.
- There are some additional new features coming out fall 2016, so check out the latest there.
- Low cost to implement and pricing that was attractive for a company with 100+ employees.
- Ideal for accelerating transactional SaaS sales.
Woopra is great for:
- B2B Companies who want account based analytics
- Supporting Account Based Marketing
- Identifying Product Qualified Leads from a SaaS Product with a Freemium model
- Product Managers who want to analyze product and feature usage on an individual level
- Providing Product KPIs such as Total Revenue behind users per Product per Feature. For example, we just launched this big feature, what's the value of the accounts that used it?
- Identifying navigation paths and support issues. For example, what features or pages logged the most help articles and support requests?
2 - A product manager and a front end developer can support it with a short setup period and occasional contributions and updates after that.
- Identifying Product Qualified Leads
- Tracking Product and Feature Usage by Account and User Segments
- Identifying most popular vs. most valuable features
- Conversion funnel & retention reports
- Identifying specific customers for product interviews
- Diagnosing navigation paths and potential usability issues
Evaluating Woopra and Competitors
Compared to other products, the support was a small effort. We only had part time contributions from a product management intern and front end developer.
- Free Eval of Freemium Solution
- POC of Premium Integrations with Woopra Support
- Post Purchase Implementation
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - We were an enterprise customer and wanted to ensure timely response for any issues with the integrations.
The UI and reports are great overall. Creating reports just requires a few too many screens and clicks. Also dashboard tiles can't be resized. Both of these are easy items that are being addressed.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using