Overall Satisfaction with WordPress
We use a custom-built theme on top of WordPress platform. We also use a wide variety of WordPress plugins and integrations to complete our CMS stack including WooCommerce e-com store integration. We have a small marketing team and also several 3rd party resources that collaborate together through the platform for all website-related tasks including coding, order fulfillment, and basic edits through the WYSIWYG editor.
- Easy to Use Interface for Website Updates (WYSIWYG Editor)
- Blog Integration and Management
- The Backend Dashboard has become pretty bloated over time. Can be tough to navigate for non-experts.
- Plugin management - It's a struggle to constantly stay on top of your plugins, make sure they are compatible and updated, etc. A better way to manage them all would be very useful.
- More lightweight WYSIWYG editors - If you use an out of the box, or even customized standard template, the page weight can quickly grow and become cumbersome for speed, negatively impacting SEO scores.
- We used WordPress to power double-digit growth in visitors and revenue 3 years running
- Very high ROI due to very low maintenance and hosting costs through WordPress, as long as you can find an economical way to manage the development side of things or do it yourself if you have the ability
- A huge array of integrations make it easy to add revenue to the site in many forms (com store, advertising, marketing campaign integrations, etc.)
Do you think WordPress delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WordPress's feature set?
Did WordPress live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WordPress go as expected?
Would you buy WordPress again?
WordPress is tough to beat if you are looking for a highly customizable, low-cost CMS with all the functionality that you could ever need all in one, please. There's a reason why it is the standard for custom CMS across the web and continues to remain dominant in terms of usage despite the proliferation of competitors currently in the market such as Wix, GoDaddy website builder, etc.