Overall Satisfaction with WP Engine
We use WP Engine (WPE) for our corporate website which is owned by the marketing department. WPE allows us to quickly execute new web ideas. Our website is used by 450+ branches and employees across the country by creating personalized pages for each. It's provided us an automated and scalable platform to accomplish this. We dynamically pull in data from various APIs and we occasionally have issues where an API goes down (which always seems to happen on the weekends) and the 30 days of backups and the easy restore process has made it possible to quickly get accurate data back online until the APIs are back online.
- The enterprise level support is top-notch and available with little to no wait times.
- The platform has given us self reliance to execute new ideas without complicating things with technology limitations.
- WPEngine takes care of the security logistics so we can focus on new projects and initiatives.
- More support agents for non-enterprise plans.
- The purple in the admin refresh is ugly as sin.
- Decreased load times, resulting in higher conversions.
- Ability to quickly restore a site if a problem occurs with any of our dynamic content integrations—less downtime.
Other hosting companies are garbage by comparison. Budget, shared environment hosts are clunky, slow, and not as secure. Larger hosts generally require someone with a decent amount of knowledge with configuring and maintaining the hosting environment. WPEngine fills the void in between. It allows creatives and developers to do their thing without getting caught up in the technical details of server management.
Support is generally great. Enterprise support is fantastic, with little to no wait times. I find that chat support can almost always take care of the problem without escalating to a ticket for a higher level of troubleshooting. The chat support for many other hosting providers can only handle basic issues. This is a big bonus for us to get quick and helpful answers.
Do you think WP Engine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WP Engine's feature set?
Did WP Engine live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WP Engine go as expected?
Would you buy WP Engine again?
Great for organizations that need a secure and stable web environment but do not want to spend time managing the server themselves. I've had a lot of trouble with many of the shared, budget hosting providers which ultimately led to me exclusively recommending WPEngine to my clients. Most of my clients see the value of the platform and it makes all of our lives easier and worry-free.