Overall Satisfaction with Zerto
We use Zerto for [the] replication of our VMs across the whole organization. Replication is made to a DR site 3 hours away with an RTO of 4 to 8 seconds. There is currently 48Tb being replicated. We hold normal copies for 3 days. We use Zerto's long-term retention and hold daily copies for 7 days, weekly copies for 1 month, monthly copies for 12 months, and yearly for 7 years. It fulfills our company [backup] policy for a financial institution.
- Compared to previous method of server restoration, the time needed is significantly less and much quicker.
Support is responsive and stays with it until issues are resolved. Wish they had a better knowledge of Hyper-V.
Do you think Zerto delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zerto's feature set?
Did Zerto live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Zerto go as expected?
Would you buy Zerto again?
Works really well when test restorations are needed and have to be reported for audits. I wish there was more support/knowledge on dealing with a MS Hyper-V environment. Support personnel do the best they can knowing little about Hyper-V; most know VMWare. Seemed a little expensive, but over time it is well worth the price.
4 - Mainly monitoring if backups are being done reliably. Also generating reports on backups for auditing purposes.
2 - I and one other person are all that is needed to maintain the system. It simply works.
- Reports for auditing needs
- Real time status on a mobile application
- Not a complicated web interface
- For testing we have used alternative backup machines and locations, all worked
- Recovered files for others using Zerto
- Tested new network circuits with a recovered test machine
- Backup to the cloud are anticipated in the future
It solves problems and works as designed. Easy to manage and support is excellent.
Evaluating Zerto and Competitors
Yes - Microsoft DPM
- Product Features
- Product Usability
A key feature is the reporting ability.
Originally started using the product through an acquisition of another company. We gave it a try and it really worked well. So we purchased more licenses and integrated [them] into our backup policy.
- Veeam Backup & Replication, Commvault Activate and Rubrik
Selected Zerto because it met our needs. Plus it was hardware agnostic. Definitely a good product with very good support.
Make sure the end goal is in mind before implementing. That way results meet expectations.
- Implemented in-house
Change management was minimal
- Crosslinking data and accounts between our management server and Zerto
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
Yes. needed 24/7 support and it is available with the premium purchase.
Yes - Eventually, not immediately
Had an issue with VMs not replicating and after hours support stayed with me over the weekend and resolved the issue.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Restoration routines are easy to perform
- Auditing/documenting restorations is nice
- When things go offline, sometimes the error reported is ambiguous
Yes - Very well. Use it more than I thought I would