Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friendhttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingZoomUnspecified8.911721012018-06-14T20:23:17.939Z
June 14, 2018
Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friend
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
I use Zoom in my solo marketing practice to work with clients remotely, which saves a ton of time for both of us — rather than meeting in person. It's a great way to demo software, explain Google Analytics results, walk through a design, etc. I also plan to use it to run webinars for promotional purposes.
- It takes under a minute to set up a link to email to clients. That's great, especially when you're in the middle of a call and need clients to jump on the computer with you.
- I'm not particularly fond of being on camera, so it's easy to use Zoom without it.
- The free version is pretty robust, but at $15/mo, upgrading isn't a big issue.
- It's a significant part of my marketing stack, and I recommend it all the time.
- This is a rare thing to say, because I'm always evaluating low-cost marketing software, but I haven't found any problems yet. Could be because I haven't moved beyond the Web conferencing features.
- Definitely saves a ton of time.
- Clients love seeing what I'm talking about, rather than me explaining something they can't see or that they find difficult to follow along with on their screens. Sharing is caring!
As I said, it's perfect for working one-on-one with clients to demo software, go over a plan, share a screen remotely to do just about anything. That saves so much time. And you can do all that with the free version. I'm looking forward to trying it out for webinars. I've sat through a few of Zoom's webinars that explain how to set it up, and they've been very helpful.
It's worked well for me for what I need so far, so not sure where it may be less appropriate.