- Algolia is rated higher in 2 areas: Likelihood to Recommend, Support Rating
Likelihood to Recommend
If you have a dedicated developer who has the technical know-how to delve deep into Algolia's documentation to figure out what makes it tick, this is the product for you. Algolia's framework is extremely powerful, making search instantaneous and providing users with results at break-neck speeds. If all you need is great search, but you do not require a complex relevancy algorithm running it, Algolia will work well for you. The more complex your use case, the more expensive the product becomes.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
Yext is great for bigger clients. If your client has a franchise of any kind, or even multiple locations, that's an ideal use case. For smaller clients, with one location that doesn't change a lot, Yext isn't as viable, and the effort to update maybe ten or fifteen listings would be worth it.
Strategist in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
- Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions.
- Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast.
- Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.
- Yext is very, very user-friendly and easy to use.
- Yext provides information within the portal on how you can enhance your listings as well as how you can fix any issues with your listings that may exist.
- Yext's dedicated account managers can help you with any issues that may arise. For example our location pin on Apple Maps was wrong on one of our clinic listings and our Yext account manager reached out directly to Apple support and fixed the issue.
- Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party
- Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality
- Cost. This platform offers a lot of powerful features, but it has an expensive barrier to entry.
- Annual contracts limit flexibility for smaller companies
- The biggest drawback is that you need to keep your subscription active or listings/citation data will revert back to what it was pre-Yext implementation
Manager in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
$0 per month up to 10,000 records
Algolia Editions & Modules
|Algolia Search - Standard||$12|
|Algolia Search - Premium||$1.502|
- per month up to 10,000 records
- per month per 1,000 requests +1,000 records
- per month 1,000 requests
Additional Pricing DetailsPay-as-you-go-pricing Simple usage based pricing with no long term commitments. Volume discounts Discounts trigger as your usage grows, so you always get a fair price. Committed-use discounts Speak with Sales for access to discounts for committed usage.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Yext Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsThe cost of Yext varies depending on a number of factors such as package type, business size, entity count, and more. To create a solution that fits your business goals, please contact us or request a demo.
Based on 2 answers
We did have one occurrence where we maxed out our plan and the service didn't respond well. This is probably a very common scenario and it took half a day to get things back to normal with slow response time. Price is also a consideration. If you are restrained in that sense you might want to dedicate the time to having your own setup from the get-go.
Based on 16 answers
Have been very impressed with the support we receive from Yext. I always feel I am listened to and if I have any problems or concerns they are quickly addressed. I have multiple ways to obtain support, either technical or strategic support, and they are responsive. I couldn't ask for more.
Easiness to set up and maintain, our team at the moment we compared them was small and we were in an exploratory phase in the search engine feature. We needed to deploy something to our users quickly to start learning and avoid spending time in infrastructure configurations (like security) and Algolia provided all of this out of the box.
We use Yext and all the other products mentioned here. Yext overlaps a bit with BrightLocal, but BrightLocal acknowledges Yext and thus makes it easy to avoid duplicated work. Each service provides a unique service that we use with our clients. We have been with Yext since its early days and at that time, they were a direct tool to manage a client's online footprint. Yext continues to upgrade its services providing new ways to help clients.
Return on Investment
- Algolia is very fast but also very expensive. However, the size of our organization is very huge, so cost is not much of a problem.
- Algolia does not support iPhone and Android. This is a major issue, which is why we were considering moving to swiftype.
- Since it has integration issues, we could not fully leverage the software.
Analyst in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
- Yext has absolutely strengthened our SEO performance and has driven leads that perform extremely well.
- Yext has improved our consultation show rate because all of the clinic information for each of our locations is accurate no matter which website our clients are using to search for the clinic info.
- Yext has allowed our organization to ensure the correct phone numbers are listed across the web, which increased the number of inbound leads that come into our Call Center.
Index & Query Rules Management: Query Rules allow you to enhance your engine's ranking behavior for specific queries. You can set up rules to uncover and respond more specifically to the intent behind your users' queries.See All (6) Algolia Screenshots
Your Knowledge Graph is the single source of truth online for the many public facts about your brand. Whether it’s information about a product offering, store location, job opening, or professional credentials, you’ll be able to provide people with actionable answers to the questions they’re already asking.See All (6) Yext Screenshots